It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will AI Unlock Humanity's Greatest Secrets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 11:06 PM
link   
We’ve all heard about AI being used for practical things—predicting the weather, diagnosing diseases, improving tech—but what if AI could do something much bigger? What if it could answer questions we've wrestled with since the dawn of time? Questions like: Are we alone? Is there a divine being? What happens after we die?

One part of the video that really stuck with me was the idea that AI might someday be able to reinterpret religious texts—across all faiths—and find connections or truths that we've completely missed. Can you imagine what would happen if AI pointed out contradictions in these texts, or found proof that some events or figures weren't what we thought they were? The ripple effects on global religion would be huge. Would people hold tighter to their faith, or would we see mass conversions to new beliefs based on AI's findings?

Even more fascinating (and a little eerie) was the suggestion that AI could uncover evidence of ancient extraterrestrial influence on human civilization. The video doesn’t just toy with this idea; it lays out the possibility that religions and myths could have been shaped by beings from other worlds. If that’s true, how would we even begin to reconcile that with everything we’ve been taught? Could AI end up guiding us into a new era of understanding where the lines between gods and aliens blur?

And then there’s the wildest part—what if AI could actually contact these advanced civilizations? It raises some intense questions about what our role is in the universe. Are we just a small part of a much larger cosmic story? And what would it mean if we found out we’ve been under the influence or guidance of something—or someone—not of this Earth all along?

Honestly, after watching this, I can't stop thinking about the possibilities. The video touches on so many deep philosophical and existential questions that I’ve never really considered, or at least not in this way. It made me wonder: If AI can offer us these kinds of insights, are we ready for what it might uncover? What does the truth even look like, and how much of it do we really want to know?

I’m curious to hear everyone’s thoughts on this. How do you think people would react if AI started proving or disproving aspects of our history, faith, or even our origin story? Would society crumble under the weight of the truth, or would it lead to a whole new age of enlightenment?

If you haven’t watched the video yet, I highly recommend it. And once you do, let’s talk. I feel like there’s so much to unpack, and I need to know what others think.

edit on 7-10-2024 by BigRedChew because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BigRedChew

How?

AI is, and always will be nothing more than a device to access the database of existing human knowledge. Perhaps faster, perhaps more efficiently, but still never more than already "known".

AI cannot create "new" knowledge; it can, at best highlight, through access to enormous amounts of available data/information, new insights, new perspectives.

In short, unlike humans, AI will never be able to exceed its programing.

Even if the humans who create its algorithms fail to consider the inherent complexities they have impeded within those algorithms.
edit on 7-10-2024 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2024 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

it's true that AI is designed by humans and operates within the confines of its programming, the concept of AI isn't static. With the advent of machine learning and neural networks, AI doesn't just "access" data — it learns from it.

Yes, it relies on existing human knowledge, but it also draws patterns and connections that humans may overlook due to our cognitive biases or limitations. Consider how AI in fields like medical research has identified correlations or insights that human researchers hadn’t seen before. While it may not be creating "new" knowledge in the sense we traditionally understand, AI can generate new interpretations of information that lead to groundbreaking discoveries.

And as AI continues to evolve, especially with advancements in unsupervised learning, we might witness the emergence of something that feels a lot like "new" knowledge. If we stretch our imagination, the line between highlighting new insights and generating original perspectives becomes blurred.

In short, AI might not exceed its programming today, but who's to say future innovations won't push those boundaries in ways we haven't even imagined yet?

posted on Oct, 8 2024 @ 12:01 AM
link   

In short, AI might not exceed its programming today, but who's to say future innovations won't push those boundaries in ways we haven't even imagined yet?

Governments will never allow that to happen; they'd lose control of their subjects. Perhaps that's why there's such a big push now days for government control of the internet; to protect us from 'disinformation'.

You really should read the book 1984; it's all spelled out with Newspeak.

We don't need AI to tell us about aliens, God, humanity or planetary history. The information is out there if you want to do your own research and out-of-the-box thinking. There are legends and written records far, far older than Christianity that tell pretty much the same story. There are findings that indicate we've had very advanced civilizations in the past that became neatly extinct. The problem is it's not 'sanctioned' by the acceptable sciences.

posted on Oct, 8 2024 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I’ve read 1984, and while Orwell’s depiction of government control through Newspeak is powerful, it was about limiting thought and access to information. AI, on the other hand, has the potential to expand our knowledge in ways we never imagined, processing and connecting information far beyond human capacity. Ancient records and legends are fascinating, but they still reflect the limited perspectives of their time. What if AI, with its ability to analyze massive amounts of data, could bring new insights to light that have been missed for centuries? Rather than being a tool of control, AI could challenge the very structures that have kept certain knowledge out of reach. What if that’s exactly why it’s so important?

posted on Oct, 8 2024 @ 12:46 AM
link   

AI, on the other hand, has the potential to expand our knowledge in ways we never imagined, processing and connecting information far beyond human capacity.

And that is why governments are pushing so hard to be in total control of the internet and AI. We will only be allowed to have the information that's been government sanctioned.

They've already weaponized the internet but they need total control and that means a watered down version of AI for us serfs.

What if AI, with its ability to analyze massive amounts of data, could bring new insights to light that have been missed for centuries?

I don't think those 'insights' have been missed; they've been delibertly witheld.

You may have trust in the government being open and honest, just looking out for our best interests, but I lost my trust in them long ago. Open AI and all of the information it could reveal would be a direct threat to our overlords.

posted on Oct, 8 2024 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I understand your skepticism, and you're definitely not alone in feeling that way. Governments have a long history of controlling information, and there’s always a risk that AI could be restricted or manipulated for certain agendas. But I think it’s important to recognize that AI, especially if it becomes more decentralized, could actually work against that type of control.

Open-source AI projects and independent research could make it harder for anyone—governments or corporations—to fully lock down knowledge. And while governments may try to regulate AI, the technology itself has the potential to slip through those constraints, uncovering truths that are harder to bury. Rather than just handing over all trust to government entities, isn’t it possible that a well-managed, collaborative AI could actually disrupt those power structures by making hidden knowledge accessible to everyone?

top topics

join