It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA had 20 Billion runs out of funding in the middle of hurricane season

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Name one time in the history of the US this has happened.

They funneled monies elsewhere.

I want a list of 18 climate disasters that have happened so far this year.

Sickening.......

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Let's get one thing straight. Communism can go suck a fat one.

Next. Prove that the money being spent on the "frivolous training and programs" at up the $20B in funding.

As for the

everything has to be rebuilt to their standards

Yeah. There are standards for a reason. Because when a natural disaster happens are your house isn't built to those standards. It will get wrecked. I lived in Miami during Hurricane Andrew. All the houses that got destroyed were not built to any sort of code. So today all houses built in south florida have to comply with building codes. So if a hurricane come through they won't be totally destroyed.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

So you are blaming DEI hires for natural disasters that used up $20B in moneys allocated to FEMA then.

Alrighty.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: putnam6

Amen brother!

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Here's from the FEMA website. They have 16 current ones on there. Not sure where the other 3 are.

www.fema.gov...

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

Maybe if they didn't focus on DEI training so much, they would have the money still.

They’d still have money if they didn’t have a training course?

How much money did they spend on training courses?

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: KrustyKrab

So you are blaming DEI hires for natural disasters that used up $20B in moneys allocated to FEMA then.

Alrighty.
No, I’m not blaming DEI for the disasters but it’s a good probability that there’s been mismanagement of fund’s within the department as a result of DEI programs. I’d bet the ranch that they’ve managed to spend millions and millions on DEI training, hires and programs that should’ve been going to actual disaster relief. Making sense to you now?

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I work for a state government agency and I can tell you that if the state government is any indication of how federal government agencies are ran, it is no wonder we're trillions of dollars in debt and it's no wonder that FEMA blew through $20B so fast. The amount of wasteful spending and total fiscal irresponsibility is absolutely mind boggling.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 02:50 PM
link   

BEFORE YOU POST.
READ THIS....

Important if Actively Posting

Be the Change you Wish to see... Redux

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (Redux)

Community Announcement re: Decorum

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.

To repeat, those who refuse to "get it" WILL face LENGTHY POSTING BANS!!
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: theatreboy

Maybe if they didn't focus on DEI training so much, they would have the money still.

They’d still have money if they didn’t have a training course?

How much money did they spend on training courses?

There are (3) three hour courses and over 20,000 employees.

Here’s the company grifting the taxpayers for the racist “training”…

www.savvydimension.com...

My 13 year old could make a better website.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

I agree it’s wasteful. But if they didn’t have the courses, are we really to believe they would still have money?

How much did they spend?

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

originally posted by: putnam6
FEMA runs out of funding in the middle of hurricane season

Congress granted FEMA nearly $20 billion in funding for 2024

www.nbcnewyork.com...

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has run out of disaster relief funding for the second year in a row before the peak of the Atlantic hurricane season has even arrived.

The agency, which is funded by Congress, uses the disaster relief fund to aid state and local governments in preparing and recovering from natural disasters including earthquakes, tornadoes, wildfires and hurricanes.

The DRF also provides financial assistance for the Individuals and Households Program which helps eligible disaster survivors with funding for temporary housing and other disaster-related expenses.

The United States has already faced 19 climate disasters this year with losses exceeding $1 billion each, according to FEMA.
Can’t we just borrow some from our buddy Zelenskyy? We’ve sent $175 billion to them since 2022. Meh, we didn’t need it, did we?
I don’t even know why the US citizen pays taxes anymore.

You can put a stop on a check for a personal payment or purchase. Why are we not demanding the same of Congress with the $ for Ukraine, Taiwan, and Israel?

Seriously.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Easy to rip off Biden-Harris agencies. Wait till the lookback audits occur!
💣

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well Just Look at the FEMA website !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😬😁

Inclusion, Diversity, Equity
and Accessibility in Exercises
Considerations and Best Practices Guide
FEMA

1. Purpose
A whole community1 approach to exercises embraces the diversity of the community and considers
equity and inclusion at every step of the process. This inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility
(IDEA) guide advances the agency’s strategic goals by helping whole community exercise program
managers and exercise planning team members recognize and include multiple distinct stakeholder
perspectives, concerns and characteristics. This guide is consistent with the Homeland Security
Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP),2 which provides a flexible, scalable and adaptable
approach for planning and conducting exercises.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MrGashler

You have any insight into how we can keep finding $ for foreign governments or let the Pentagon get away with multiple audits that don’t add up?

In other words, how does Biden know there “is no more money” if we can always find another few $B’s for anyone and everyone else, except the American taxpayer?

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
How about we not give any money to people who build houses on stilts over water? Or on the side of a cliff? Why are we even allowing them to build there in the first place?

Well, 99.99% of those homes were built by the people or a relative and they weren't given a damn thing by the gov to begin with is how they would put it. I know the pride of those poeple in being who they are living there is deep.

What we need to do is not allow building in places a Licensed Engineer deems flood plain. The side of a steep hill is usually not occupied. It was the roads under those hills that got buried. Cars with people in them according to the videos around Black Mtn NC.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I just happen to be reading a article on DEI and FEMA ........interesting read for sure

FEMA’s DEI Crippled Hurricane Helene Response - LINK

FEMA was unprepared for the flooding because under Criswell, a DEI hire whose resume included being “the first woman commissioner of New York City Emergency Management”, the agency had shifted from disaster management to DEI disasters.

Goal 1 of FEMA’s Strategic Plan was to “instill equity as a foundation of emergency management”. FEMA’s Objective 1.1 was also not disaster management, it’s to “cultivate a FEMA that prioritizes and harnesses a diverse workforce”. FEMA’s leadership was required to make its priority “integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion in delivering the agency’s mission.”

edit on 2-10-2024 by tarantulabite1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

Because they don't want to give it to the American people. They don't get political points or significant kickbacks or line their buddies pockets by helping out the American people.
The Pentagon gets away with failing multiple audits because the people who would be in a position to hold them accountable don't want to end up Epstein'd.
The entire government needs to be uprooted and left to die while we rebuild from scratch. So much of government consists of drones who only exist to justify their positions. They claim to have oversight on spending, but all the oversight consists of is 5 people needing to approve a purchase that is 5-10x the reasonable cost for a given item.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MrGashler

Ah. Thank you for the honesty.

A lot of what you lay out is what is surmised, but yeah, accountability seems to be lacking in many sectors of society. It’s been my experience in my current job too.

I suppose government at all levels would be a part of that.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: theatreboy

How about we stay on topic. If you want to talk about DEI start another thread.

If you would of actually have read the OP you'd see that.

The United States has already faced 19 climate disasters this year with losses exceeding $1 billion each, according to FEMA.

So yeah. The answer is that the money allocated has already been spent. And nothing to do with DEI.

FEMA’s DEI Crippled Hurricane Helene Response

It looks like DEI DID play a part in hurricane Helene's response, so yes; on topic.

[www.frontpagemag.com...]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join