It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walz’s claim that he was at Tiananmen Square protests undercut by unearthed newspaper reports

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Looks like the hackers got me!

I need the one with the Eagle on it. I don't think the Soviet era symbols fits my style, but I guess it is tough stuff.

ETA

Thanks for the help "MyATS got hacked" thread!
edit on 1-10-2024 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

My apologies for the long second quote. Something went wrong with the copy and past. Ment to only quote the part that was showing he had lied.

Here it is:

An issue of the Alliance Times-Herald dated May 16, 1989, features a photo of Walz touring a Nebraska National Guard storeroom. In the photo’s caption, the paper notes that Walz “will take over the job” of staffing the storeroom from a retiring guardsman and “will be moving to Alliance,” Nebraska. A separate newspaper article about Walz’s planned trip to China published by a Nebraska-based outlet in April 1989 reported that he planned to travel to China in early August of that year.

When asked by CNN if Walz was in Hong Kong during the Tiananmen Square protests, the Harris campaign was unable to provide evidence to substantiate Walz’s claim.

A source close to Walz told CNN that “the point Gov. Walz is making when he discusses this is that some folks in the World Teach program discussed dropping out after Tiananmen Square, but he continued on with the program because he believed it was important for the Chinese people to learn about American democracy and American history.”

A news paper clearly stating that Walz planed a trip later that year. Not the time frame of the massacre.

A presidential campaign that can't supply any other evidence.

And a anonymous friend who deflects and doesn't defend the claim.

It's clear he wasn't there; why lie about it?

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Vermilion

This is the NYT source. Taken right from the article you gave.

www.mprnews.org...

Walz never states definitively that he was there during the massacre.

“I was in Hong Kong on June 4, 1989, when, of course, Tiananmen Square happened. And I was in China after that. It was very strange ‘cause, of course, all outside transmissions were, were blocked – Voice of America – and, of course, there was no, no phones or email or anything. So I was kind of out of touch. It took me a month to know the Berlin Wall had fallen when I was living there,” he said.
www.cnn.com...

His own words quoted by CNN from this interview…

24323.mc.tritondigital.com... 0038129/1c3da022-ec7e-4a7f-91dc-a78e00380a9d/63bfec09-26d4-4169-b8fc-aa6c014124be/audio/direct/t1560540630/Tim_Walz_with_Chad_Hartman.mp3?t=1560540630 &in_playlist=44fb8925-fb04-4712-903e-a78e00380aa1&utm_source=Podcast

At around the 2:15 mark you’ll hear his lies from his own mouth.

Or this X link too.. x.com...
edit on 1-10-2024 by Vermilion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna
a reply to: Dandandat3

What is the psychology of something like this? I mean. The guy wanted a date he will always remember for his wedding and picks the date of one of the most shockingly brutal displays of authoritarian anti-democracy mass murder? You couldn't pick I don't know....Flag Day? Or what I mean is it that hard to remember your wedding anniversary if it doesn't fall on some holiday or major event day?

Poor Gwen. I guess she went along with it so I don't feel that bad for her but still.

That was the part of the article that peeked my interest in this story. I could care less if a know lier is found to be lieing about something.

But who plans their wedding to commemorate a human tragedy? That's just ... well weird.

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Walz wacky wife was the one who admitted to opening her windows during the Floyd riots so that she could smell the burning tires.

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

Walz wacky wife was the one who admitted to opening her windows during the Floyd riots so that she could smell the burning tires.

Like Nero fiddling around enjoying Rome burn. She must feel like a little g god whiffing the death and rubber.

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 09:17 PM
link   

He has never met a lie he didnt like.

So many red flags with this guy how on earth did the choose him, heck Kaine was a better pick back in the day than this clown.

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

He has never met a lie he didnt like.

So many red flags with this guy how on earth did the choose him, heck Kaine was a better pick back in the day than this clown.

It was a great way for Obama to use Holder to get rid of Walz and Harris at the same time for this throwaway election.
They know they aren’t going to win, might as well throwaway the rest of trash with it right.

<< 1   >>

join