It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My ATS Account just got hacked

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I'm with you mate, I can't imagine for one minute RT being responsible for the hack.
RT loves this site as much as anyone and for all that I disagree with him passionately over Ukraine etc I honestly think he has far too much integrity to be involved in something like that....at least willingly so.

As far as I can tell no-one seems to know who carried out the hack, I guess it could be anyone of a multitude of people/organisations etc.

Fingers crossed and all that.🤞

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I wonder what the hacker thinks he/she will accomplish with this. My guess is that it's simply a cry for attention.

It worked!

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
well they are a admin or mod so yeah thats a given.

What do you mean?

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz
I wonder what the hacker thinks he/she will accomplish with this. My guess is that it's simply a cry for attention.

It worked!

Anyone checking if there was a data breach? My android phone is now doing some strange things like setting my alarm for 4:30am. wasn't me!!!
edit on 2-10-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

The site has been breached, it is not going to be fixed. You should not be using anything important on this site. The email you have associated with this site should not be a good email for you it should be your spam mail account that you set up for using/registering with sketchy websites if you don't have one you do now. Go make yourself a fresh email and start removing the one registered to this site for all of your important stuff. Same with your password whatever password you have or will ever have for this site will be compromised don't use it anywhere else.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
Anyone else getting PayPal payment Request ?

I got 2 so far .

OHOH! WTF is going on? 😬

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Probably nothing.

If most affected members had received PayPal payment request it would be suspicious. One is nothing.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

I get spam all the time. The clue is the completely random email address. I had one from the head of the FBI wanting to refund me millions of $. Oddly, he was based in Lagos....

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
Anyone else getting PayPal payment Request ?

I got 2 so far .

OHOH! WTF is going on? 😬

Paranoia.

posted on Oct, 3 2024 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Possibly the database login and password for ATS housed on godaddy has been compromised. The database login/password needs be changed. Any server side pages that use that login/password need be modified with new login/password.

(post by yuppa removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 3 2024 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
Possibly the database login and password for ATS housed on godaddy has been compromised. The database login/password needs be changed. Any server side pages that use that login/password need be modified with new login/password.

Same Godlike productions again EH?

posted on Oct, 3 2024 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

test

posted on Oct, 3 2024 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: glend

test

You passed

posted on Oct, 3 2024 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Will say one interesting thing about this whole event.

Man do people really take word-of-mouth hearsay and run with the wind! They escalate the hell out of that crap to the point of extreme fear and paranoia. Even when they didn't even witness anything!

Yes, the site is vulnerable to security risks, but that's not a new thing. In fact, that's been a thing going back for years. YEARS! Yet you all still logged in and participated.

You're just as likely to get hacked using Starbucks wifi or swiping your card at the automated gas pump.

But instead let's all go and cry the sky is suddenly falling Hoo-ha!

Anybody been harmed yet? Other than pride?

edit on 3-10-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2024 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AlroyFarms

Yes, the site is vulnerable to security risks, but that's not a new thing. In fact, that's been a thing going back for years. YEARS!

I agree, it's been this way for a while. If I remember correctly, Members have said it was built using a mish mash of tools!! I've noticed the date and edit all have the the color black hexadecimal color code #000000 added so our 'haker' is a bit rubbish really and some of his attempts to change things are very poor and clearly haven't worked!!

Anybody been harmed yet? Other than pride?

I think we all need a doll to point at to show were we've all been harmed!!!

edit on k000000Thu, 03 Oct 2024 05:15:54 -05002024kam5America/Chicago by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2024 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Jokes on you,i LIKE that avatar Trollhole.

posted on Oct, 3 2024 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

yawnn.
edit on 3-10-2024 by yuppa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2024 @ 05:09 AM
link   

a reply to: Kurokage

yawnn.

Past your beddy byes time?

posted on Oct, 3 2024 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Former MOD or admin access holder. very short list of those right?

Right, but neither mods or admins have the tools to change members' avatars, which means the way it was done was not via a normal procedure, which means that anyone, former mod/admin or not, could do it, as long as they could hack the account page.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join