It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOC says that censorship is necessary

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

No I meant more along the lines of Russia actually paying right wing influencers to spread their propaganda.

However I don't mind getting rid of the other stuf or at least putting a disclaimer that it may be propaganda.

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KnowItAllKnowNothin

I thought not but thank you any way Mr. P.

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
a reply to: pianopraze

The Gateway Pundit, CNN, Newsweek, Christian Science Monitor, Fox News, The Hill, Conservative Treehouse (The Last Refuge), Breitbart, Slate, Huffington Post.

Can you match them up?

1) Breitbart
2) Conservative Treehouse
3) The Hill
4) The Gateway Pundit
5) CNN
6) Christian Science Monitor
7) Fox News
8) Slate
9) Newsweek
10) Huffington Post

Well that took some work. I better bookmark this for quick reference.
edit on 24-9-2024 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

No I meant more along the lines of Russia actually paying right wing influencers to spread their propaganda.

However I don't mind getting rid of the other stuf or at least putting a disclaimer that it may be propaganda.

Russia paying someone in the management of a production company, who is no longer employed by that company, is not the same as paying influencers.

There you go spreading disinformation.

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yeah, censorship is necessary. We need to censor every single thing she and her squad says.

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I demand my right to be offended and insulted! As long as I have also have the right to reply...

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

I guess I’m missing an America that no longer exists. Maybe never did.

Democrats used to revel in freedom of expression and the Republicans were the ones calling for censorship.

I guess it’s SSDD just Democrats are "The Man" now… so all the "Fight The Power" “Rage Against The Machine" and “We won’t get fooled again" is a fight against Democrats.

Height of Irony.

Good observation.

Folks seem-to love the puppet-show.

Threads go on-and-on, about what some politician says, and therefore supposedly believes.

But just observing the way they flip-flop on issues, gives it away that they don't believe what they say, any more than the news broadcaster believes in the news stories they are reading, or some person in a white lab-coat peddling toxic pharmakeia on TV believes in the product, or some Hollywood actor whom plays a psychopath in one movie, then plays a loving grandparent in the next year's movie, really is like.

They are owned and operated puppets, with a big stick up their backside.
Selected for their obedience, ambition, ego, greed, and groomed for their roles.
Role-players.

Giving them fancy diplomas, and squiggly letters before or after their name, is a part of the deception.
The call to authority.
One can see it front and center in the Technocrat's playbook.

Sorry for this interruption folks.
Now back to your regularly scheduled PROGRAMMING.

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 01:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Tolkien

That low iQ dingbat graduated Boston University cum laude.

So she was in either top 20-30 percent of her class.

yes 20-30% is close enough for a DEI.

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Meaningless in a time of DEI. Totally meaningless to her ability.

Ability to think and special skills are not her forte'.

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
a reply to: Tolkien

Well now, here is a perfect example of spreading false or at least misleading information.

particularly when that other adult is some low iQ self-appointed dingbat ex-barmaid

In fact, Cortez graduated cum laude from Boston University with a double major in international relations and economics. Hardly indicative of a ''low IQ.'' Also, she is not ''self appointed''. She was elected by the voters in her district. So in that one sentence you have helped to promulgate two different cases of false information.

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 01:43 PM
link   

And WHO decides if that's really lies or a setup to make it look like "Russia", and make it look like "right wing influencers"?

How do they decide what's true?? 🤣🤣🤣

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I get most my news from ATS or Twitter memes - mostly libertarian accounts.

Also watch Tim pool and Clownfish TV - when I’m not watching Sailing or Fishing channels.

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   
How about we eliminate media sponsored propaganda first???

edit on 9/24/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   

AOC along with several other members of Congress are “looking into” ways of “reining in the media environment.” She says that censorship is necessary “so that you can’t just spew disinformation.” Who made her the arbiter of the truth? They’re coming for X.

Twitter video link

Democrats, I once knew you.

Hippies, forever young,

Freedom of expression till Kingdom come.

Now that’s all done.

Remember when Democrats were once persecuted in the hundreds across myriad industries for their alleged ties to communism? It was called the "red scare".

And then there was McCarthyism. Fear of immigration and Russian collusion.

What are they calling it this time? I forget.

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

AOC along with several other members of Congress are “looking into” ways of “reining in the media environment.” She says that censorship is necessary “so that you can’t just spew disinformation.” Who made her the arbiter of the truth? They’re coming for X.

Twitter video link

Democrats, I once knew you.

Hippies, forever young,

Freedom of expression till Kingdom come.

Now that’s all done.

Remember when Democrats were once persecuted in the hundreds across myriad industries for their alleged ties to communism? It was called the "red scare".

And then there was McCarthyism. Fear of immigration and Russian collusion.

What are they calling it this time? I forget.

The end of our Republic.

Unless things change.

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

I am tired of these people just assuming everyone is stupid. Like....ok isn't it my responsibility to determine what I believe and whether I believe so-called disinformation? I mean everyone's definition of disinformation is different, right?

Why do they think we can't figure out what's real and what's not? I think they're just hoping we can't for when they unleash Project Bluebeam.

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 02:23 PM
link   
What if we know that information is Russian sourced from known entities ?
Troll farms for example. Specifically designed to cause informational disarray(?
How should we handle it?

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Wearing a wrist band that goes against the liberal agenda can now land you in jail. If this isn't about ening not only free speech but also the right to free thinking I don't know what is.

A New Hampshire high school called the police on parents wearing pink wristbands featuring two Xs in support of keeping boys out of girls’ sports.

The parents had been advocating for the school to set a policy barring boys from playing as girls, but the school district told them that they could not do anything since a court recently ruled that the term “girl” includes boys who claim to identify as girls in the state’s schools.

The administrators of Bow High School in Bow, New Hampshire, not only told the parents that they could not change any inclusion policies, but they also officially banned the parents from attending any school events for the crime of supporting girls’ sports.

According to the New Hampshire Journal, some parents of the suburb just south of Concord, New Hampshire, were shocked when they received “No Trespassing” letters from school officials informing them that they were banned from school grounds.

“You are hereby prohibited from entering the buildings, grounds, and property of the Bow School District,” the school’s letter told them. “You are also prohibited from attending any Bow School District athletic or extra-curricular [sic] event, on or off school grounds.”

The letter specifically mentions the pink wristbands that the parents were handing out to others at the school soccer game and told the parents that their banishment was because “prior to and during the soccer game [Foote] brought and distributed pink armbands … to protest the participation of a transgender female student on the other team.”

2+2 now =17 in 1984 math terms.

[www.breitbart.com... ng-girls-sports/]

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I do not disagree with what you point out, yet the question is about spreading misinformation, that is what she was talking about in the video, right? What do we do about it. Here, we discuss the issue and point out cases where misinformation appears. I have already pointed out a case of that in another thread.

Here, in your reply, even as I agree with all your points, I also see that by omission, you have spread misinformation by selectively pointing to ''Kamala , AOC and the rest of them do '', without pointing out the entire scope of their adversaries doing exactly the same thing.

Yes it is Misinformation you are quite right and both sides are equally guilty of it .

If Media Networks would simply report the News as it is things would be much different . But alas it is what it is .....

Taking a different perspective of the issues at hand is not Misinformation . It may not be the widely excepted Narrative but it's certainly not Misinformation just because it's damaging to the other side.

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Troll farms for example. Specifically designed to cause informational disarray(?
How should we handle it?

Ignore it.

Tell your friends if it comes up in conversation.

posted on Sep, 24 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
How should we handle it?

In America, you have the freedom to read, not read whatever you want. Be it Russia troll farms, or China's tik-tok,.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join