It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some Wisdom and Understanding .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Seems like you already have wisdom and understanding, or else you would shrug your shoulders and move on.

What do you think life would be like if no one had any troubles? What if there was no sickness or sexual deviance?
Would we learn anything?
Would we have compassion for others if none was needed?
What kind of human would we be?

Take the strength and wisdom you have, learn from it, share it and become better for it.

This girl’s adversity and hardship, if she allows, will either beat her down or make her stronger.
Grow from her misfortune’s and learn from them just as we hope she can.

If she chooses she can take care of this child, probably not the easiest path in life, but it may be what she needs. This child will need her, depend on her and teach her humility.
I know a family whose daughter has Hydrocephalus. They wouldn’t trade her for anything. She has brought them joy they would have otherwise never known if they had gave away or aborted her.

The path in life shouldn’t be an easy one. The choices will at times be hard and almost seem impossible, but reassured we are not given more than we can handle.

Be humble.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Sometimes sh1t happens, and we all have ours to carry, sometimes though you can be of great value helping somone carry their sh1t. Who you chose to help is for you and you alone to decide and you should never feel guilty if you choose not to.
Beware of helping if it's not requested, and even if it was requested thread carefully...

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

I was running through my daily Mind Movie imagining and feeling my Goals for the future . I place myself there , I feel it , I smell it , I taste it , I bring tears to my eyes experiencing the emotions of my future self .

I wish you success in what you aspire to be/are my friend

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I'm looking for a way to understand the Evils around me and yet not allow them to affect me or drag me down. A way to focus on myself and my family yet not seem like a cold hearted bastard.

There is so much evil in the world that it seems almost trivial to strive for more in the face of it all.

Yet isn't this a big part of the WHY we are here in the first place? I know it is for me.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Do you think that too many scars can lead to callus?

It can toughen one up. Can also lead to a pretty dark place having too many black pills. Ain't going to worry about some spilt milk when there are more serious things going on.

One of the first important lessons when entering the medical field is to maintain some detachment from your patients. Still care for them, treat them with respect, dignity and compassion. But if you want to last in the industry you must hold some distance from getting too emotional and empathic or else it will burn you out. There is a lot of trauma that does go on in the hospitals, too take all that pain on board it is a lot to hold.

Finding a distinction between good pain and bad pain helps in navigating this gray zone. For example, physiotherapy can be a painfully process to go through. By targeting the right kind of pain in the right areas it does help the body respond and strengthen up the area. But too much pain in the wrong area can lead to more damage and increased restrictions.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka My daughter is an RN and often when we talk it is along those lines, about how she copes, the places she needs to draw her lines and how she processes it all. She loves what she does and was drawn to it because of how much she cares. She has had to learn lessons.

Thanks for the come back.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 07:14 AM
link   
You need no such thing my friend.

It is simply as you said.

I have lived a very similar story with my ex's sister.

It is heart wrenching to know of young lives being played with for self gratification.

And the repercussions are beyond words...

All you can do is be supportive, if you have the opportunity.

If your path and that of another do not cross beyond a retelling, then it is not for you to intervene.

Continue on your path, continue to light the way for others.

Believe me, it is more than enough.

We don't need to solely save every soul we come across.

In fact, it is not our purpose, and one would likely lose himself in the process.

Never lose yourself.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrotherKinsMan
You need no such thing my friend.

It is simply as you said.

I have lived a very similar story with my ex's sister.

It is heart wrenching to know of young lives being played with for self gratification.

And the repercussions are beyond words...

All you can do is be supportive, if you have the opportunity.

If your path and that of another do not cross beyond a retelling, then it is not for you to intervene.

Continue on your path, continue to light the way for others.

Believe me, it is more than enough.

We don't need to solely save every soul we come across.

In fact, it is not our purpose, and one would likely lose himself in the process.

Never lose yourself.

Thank you for this .

I know life's purpose and meaning is beyond my understanding . I can only hope that what has happened to this young woman will lead to something beautiful.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 10:20 AM
link   

You are touching on something that is far deeper than you probably realise. Something which falls more into the process of “ascension” within the ancient traditions and mystery schools

Within questions which are something like:

”So I understand my own inherent divine nature (initiation) …

… Now what?

What good does this really do me? What does my journey do for the world around me and those within it? What does it mean in the grander scheme of things? And my place within it?”

MYSTERIES are darkness and the unknown, ILLUMINATION is the bringing forth of light

This is why those adept within the mysteries are historically referred to as ILLUMINATED

As with all things, we go forth and seek, because without doing such, the defining beauty of our creation and our ability to seek within it, can seem worthless

Within seeking that which is unknown, can we find ourselves known

Within the darkness, we become the light

(Parallel to Gospel of Thomas)

But it can also work the other way around

So, what do we do with that light?

What is a light that shines, without something for it to shine upon? Or more specifically, something with which to shine upon?

There is no easy answer within this, because you are trying to measure understanding of your own light and personal ability to heal through such, with a pain the size of the world itself that can seem immeasurably inconquerable in comparison

This is why most religions view a process like ascension as being dangerous and unnecessary towards the evolution of the individual soul

Carrying forth the waters of initiation (Aquarius "water-barer", from Pisces the "fisherman) to impose an impression of our own initiated soul upon the world, is one of the hardest things that can ever be done in this world

Most struggle to even begin to perceive how the external body of the world, and the internal body of our self, could ever be the same thing

It is also why many modern incarnations of older traditions, such as your own Freemasons, appear to have incorporated many of the aspects of the “externalised” soul, into a structured society and hierarchy and the good things which they seek to do for the world

Similar to the conceptualised "Church" within religion

The idea being that the initiates of such structures, never need seek align to the greater "world", as their journey already exists within a comparable aligned system, Church, society or organisation

Regardless, it is a hell of a thing to become conscious of PAIN and DECAY around you, beyond that which you can control

And again, there is no easy answer for it

Other than to do your best to reduce the scope of your light down, to focus in on the things which you can control

To become the balance and equilibrium (El'ohim) between CREATION and DECAY. LOVE and PAIN

This may not do well to lessen the pain you feel for the world around you and the people, animals, etc within it

But what it does do, is allow you to focus on beauty within the smallest of moments and miracles, and the things which are within your control

The new day, after the dark of night

Remember, it is not about overcoming, but rather becoming one with the cycles (Christ)

As with Atlas, carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders in the Greek tradition

It becomes near impossible for us to live within this world, whilst we carry the weight of its burdens on our shoulders

Remember, that the depth of PAIN, is equal to the height of LOVE. And vice-versa

Without having tasted lemon, could you still say sugar sweet?

It is easy for us to get our appreciation for that which you have, tangled up within guilt for those very same considerations

This is because,
CREATION could not exist without DECAY
LOVE could not exist without PAIN

Yaldabaoth (empathy) is both a gift and a curse, which invites DECAY into our ability to reflect within CREATION

This is why it is the “Demiurge”. Emotional influence outside of self, which can bring death, and all bad things born of it, into the light of our creation

SABOATH - WIKI

Thrown into Tartarus, Ialdabaoth envies his son, whereupon his envy takes on shape and becomes death. From death, envy, wrath, weeping, roar, loud shouting, sobber and grief emerge. Many of these emotions seem to be related to lament during funerals. As mourning was controversial among early Christians, associated with Satan, they might intentionally display disapproval about lamenting the dead and advocated control of emotions. However, this is not explicitly spelled out and some emotions, such as anger for the rulers of darkness, are approved, thus differing from Stoicism.

After Ialdabaoth brought death into the world, Sabaoth creates a host of cherubim, a notion also appearing in Jewish Merkabah mysticism.

Within the process of the initiate, who seeks to understand the nature of the self (I am who I am) Yaldabaoth is important, as it teaches us to see and understand all the things which others may miss

But when it is externally applied, to our place within the world and the grander scheme of things, it can become quite destructive …

If we allow it to

It is the necessity of the “blind God”, within the darkness of the mysteries

But within the light of the Sabaoth (sympathy), it can be like opening a floodgate to all scope and manner of pain, which we were never meant to carry

Pains which are not ours to bare

At least, not in any way other than we are capable of committing ourselves to

Within what you spoke of specifically, I would say, that through your fiance, her work and the systems associated with them, there is little more that you can do in that particular situation

The pain is not yours to carry

That does not mean that it will not hurt you to think of, or that it should not hurt you

Only that you need understand, that the full weight of the burden is not yours to carry

This is the difference between

Yaldabaoth – Empathy
Sabaoath – Sympathy

The Saboath is the “true God”, because though it may feel pains just as truly and heavily as Yaldabaoth, it also knows how to let go of that, which is not its to carry

These types of things are designed to affect us, to influence and change us …

But for the good of our soul, within the understanding of the experience, and the wisdom that we carry forth from it

There is nothing to be gained for anyone, within allowing these things to heavy our hearts, burden or destroy us

Within whatever pain and feeling of guilt you may feel within comparing your life to those less fortunate than yourself, there is also to be found, the seed of greater appreciation for that which you have

As I said at the start of this post, you are touching on something much deeper than you realise. A conundrum which has haunted the minds of all the wisest people to ever walk this Earth

The guilt is a symptom, of your ability to perceive something greater than yourself

Hold yourself within the perception of this pain, rather than the measure of its emotional reflection

Feel worthy of your graces in life, and see gratitude instead

It is OK to want something extra in your life

You can understand that you are lucky and be appreciative of such, without needing to feel guilty

I'll post something I wrote a while back in a second post in a minute, which may be of some help to you
edit on 18 9 24 by Compendium because: Spacing and corrections

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I need to go back and re-write this at some stage. As it was written a very long time ago, and is very thin and rushed in parts

But you get the idea ..

1:1
Find better within you, so you can be better. It isn't who you are as a person that is ever 'not good enough', only the parts of you which can be improved

1:2
When you think of the best way you could possibly be, what is the feeling that goes with it?

1:3
It's not a question of can you do it, but 'can you see it being done'?

1:4
It is unrealistic to believe if the belief brings you nothing, but it is not completely without merit

1:5
More self-confidence opens more opportunities and within this, belief is essential

1:6
When you think of the past do not think about how it has found you falling short

2:1
Look at it as the essential process towards becoming who you wish to be

2:2
There is a difference between having something better and having something extra

2:3
Seeking better seats discontent

2:4
Which plays to a deficit when you need move forward

2:5
Hold everything you have as precious

2:6
Because the better you seek could just as easily become worse

2:7
Nothing permits when nothing is asked

2:8
Giving is the same as receiving

2:9
As it goes further than the expectation of nothing gained

2:10
Something is better than nothing, and for every something over your purpose, there is someone with nothing in need

2:11
Do you seek better as one with something, to those with nothing?

2:12
It is not to say that because others have less you should feel content, only appreciate that you have more than they

3:1
You move forward from here grateful for every bit extra that you receive

3:2
The less you're concerned with having a better life

3:3
The more you enjoy the path to finding it

3:4
So many ask the question of what this world holds for them and the meaning of life, without asking why it is they think they ask the question

3:5
Is tomorrow going to be any different if the answer were to be given? And is the meaning of life to be found within the answer, if indeed it even could be given?

3:6
It is less about what the meaning of life is, and more about how we can bring meaning to life

3:7
The answer itself, lays within our ability to ask the question

3:8
The question, is the answer

4:1
We have belief, because we seek understanding in something greater than ourselves

4:2
But what could be greater than ourselves, as those capable of seeking such understanding?

4:3
Remember that you do not need to be right, in order to find peace within what you have learned about this world

4:4
And others need not be wrong, in order for you to appreciate their journey in all the beauty of its difference, when compared to your own

4:5
To believe, is not to see an end to the questions. Because without these questions, such belief would hold no meaning

4:6
If everything were to be answered, all at once, life would hold little meaning

4:7
Life is precious, because it can be held within contemplation of itself

4:8
This is what we are

5:1
We are neither the question posed, nor the answer in any culmination or definitive form. But the consideration of all which comes in between

5:2
The fluid nature of water, is exactly the same as that of thought

5:3
Though both can be held within you perfectly, it is much harder to hold them within your hands for offering

5:4
And we would drink of the waters from our own hands, before we would from the hands of another

5:5
This is the essence of experience. It is amazing. It is horrible. It is beautiful, and it is disgusting

5:6
But it is yours. And what more could you, as yourself, ever need?

5:7
And within the same likeness with water, belief represents our thirst. A taste in reflection to our own specific needs and wants

5:8
So where does purpose fit in to all these things?

5:9
Is their purpose within belief?

5:10
Do we drink just to sustain ourselves? Or does it form our part within processes far bigger than ourselves?

5:11
Why should we be here tomorrow to sate our thirst? Or maintain our beliefs?

5:12
When the sun sets tomorrow, what difference was made by us being here to eat, drink, breathe, believe, love and feel pain?

6:1
Is the world better off tomorrow, than it was today, because I was here to do all these things?

6:2
Did my understanding of this world help to lessen our collective pain in some way?

6:3
Do we know more? Do we love more? Do we pain less?

6:4
We can see that this world loves us. We can believe that we were created for something greater than ourselves

6:5
Yet we can still overlook the reason for why we are able to do such things. Which is purpose

6:6
The question itself is not the problem. Just as the answer is not the solution

6:7
The important part of looking for, finding, or understanding your purpose, is within the experience itself

6:8
Along our journey we can exist within a state of creation. Or we can exist within a state of decay

6:9
Which we represent, is ours to choose. Regardless of our differences, how we live, what we understand, or what we choose to believe

6:10
You need not know where you are going, to find your way

7:1
You need only take the next best step that you can possibly take

7:2
The best step that is available and open to you

7:3
It may not be much, but where it leads you, may be huge

7:4
When all is said and done, and your time in this world is done. It will be the things you did not do, that you will likely regret, more than the things you did

7:5
What is it that you will leave behind?

7:6
What part of you will live on, when you are gone?

7:7
This will be your life after death, on Earth

7:8
This is purpose

7:9
Your ability to look back at your life, at the end of your time here, and know you did well

7:10
You did good, and you left behind love and creation, rather than pain and decay

edit on 18 9 24 by Compendium because: Spacing and added YouTube link

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Compendium

I was hoping you would respond thank you very very much .

Your Insight is so appreciated .

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Compendium

3:4 So many ask the question of what this world holds for them and the meaning of life, without asking why it is they think they ask the question

3:5 Is tomorrow going to be any different if the answer were to be given? And is the meaning of life to be found within the answer, if indeed it even could be given?

3:6 It is less about what the meaning of life is, and more about how we can bring meaning to life

3:7 The answer itself, lays within our ability to ask the question

3:8 The question, is the answer

I see . I've never looked at it like this .

I've heard it asked many times " What is the meaning of Life? " " What is our purpose? ''

If someone broadcast live tomorrow on Television that they know the meaning of life . It would be a lie .

There is no Universal Meaning to life . We are not all here for the same reason or purpose and if we were what would be the point .

Every individual has a different meaning in which they are to discover or live out in this Life .

Our life is the sum of our individual choices.

Walk into room #1 and meet your future wife , Walk into Room #2 and have your legs chopped off. Though one may seem unfair I am confident the reason for that occurrence can be traced to something deep within your own being .

Don't be angry your legs were chopped off but rather be thankful it wasn't your Head .

I do wonder though. Do all of our individual choices affect our life's direction even at the youngest most innocent age ? Or is it only after a certain age or maturity is reached do we start our true journey .
edit on 18-9-2024 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Our life is the sum of our individual choices.

Walk into room #1 and meet your future wife , Walk into Room #2 and have your legs chopped off. Though one may seem unfair I am confident the reason for that occurrence can be traced to something deep within your own being .

Don't be angry your legs were chopped off but rather be thankful it wasn't your Head

I do wonder though. Do all of our individual choices affect our life's direction even at the youngest most innocent age ? Or is it only after a certain age or maturity is reached do we start our true journey

Yes, but examining things as a result of "choice" can in itself become a little bit of a trap. Like looking at the reflection of a reflection, trying to work out where the reflection or "choice" originated from

Like pointlessly chasing blame across generations of wrong-doing and reaction

For some, all choice amounts to is picking the lesser of two bad outcomes. For some, there is no choice to be seen at all, let alone made

It is far better to look at these things in terms of PROBABILITY (Prophecy) and POSSIBILITY (Prayer)

That way, nobody who could rightfully be considered a victim, can ever be said to be responsible for the hand they may have inherited without fault of their own

This is why I suggested you "Hold yourself within the perception of this pain, rather than the measure of its emotional reflection"

It is best to view our lives, as being like the seeds which are sown within "the parable of the sower" within the Bible, and more specifically in the gospel of Thomas

I'll give you some basic context to the meaning of these verses, from my own experience

I was going to the hospital to see my Dad, who had bladder cancer at the time. As I did every day whilst he was in the hospital. At the same time, another friend of mine, same age as myself, was also in the hospital with multiple myeloma blood cancer

Every day I would try to bring in a little bit of my own light and happiness. And every day I would leave taking a little bit of their darkness and sadness with me

Not just them, but everyone I encountered. Some in palliative care, with little hope or joy to speak of

One day as I was leaving, I noticed the dried-out husk of a mango seed sitting on the concrete in the middle of the parking lot, in the blistering heat

And for a moment I felt a sorrow quite unlike I had ever felt before, which made my cry

A seed, so perfect, which had been shaped from the dawn of time and creation itself ...

And it now lay in the middle of a barren and burning concrete lot, as far from soil, water, or anything within this world that could love and nurture it, as a seed possibly could

It had come so far, yet it never stood a chance

(9) Jesus said, "Now the sower went out, took a handful (of seeds), and scattered them. Some fell on the road; the birds came and gathered them up. Others fell on the rock, did not take root in the soil, and did not produce ears. And others fell on thorns; they choked the seed(s) and worms ate them. And others fell on the good soil and it produced good fruit: it bore sixty per measure and a hundred and twenty per measure."

Some fell on the road, and the birds gathered them up
Some, never stand a chance

Others fell on the rock and did not take root
Some become victims to their circumstances or environment

And others fell on thorns; they choked the seed(s) and worms ate them
Some become the decay of their environment or circumstances

And others fell on the good soil and it produced good fruit
Some find their way, or are lucky enough to get to know their potential

It bore sixty per measure and a hundred and twenty per measure
We are the result of not only our environment, but also the choices we make within it

In my case, I took the dried and semi-damaged seed home, to plant it in a pot with good soil, with the promise of giving it a space in my yard, if it decided it still wanted to live

And it sprouted faster, and prouder, than near any seed I had ever seen

Producing purple leaves immediately as its very first leaves, as if making me its own promise of the fruit it will someday come to give me in return

(10) Jesus said, "I have cast fire upon the world, and see, I am guarding it until it blazes."

We should only cast the fires, that we ourselves are capable of tending to

We should only take responsible, for those things which are within our control

We should only take on pain or burdens, which are rightfully ours to carry

Though the experience of pain may not be within our control, the choice to carry it is

The next verse goes on to state, that when we bring "that which is dead" in, we invite it into "that which is living"

We introduce sadness into the flavour of all our joys

"This heaven shall pass, and so too shall the one beyond it"

I refer to this in one of my songs as "the feeding of the empty"

You can give all the happiness and "heaven" you have to give to these types of pains, and they will still need more

"This pain we feel, won't subside in a heart like mine"

(11) Jesus said, "This heaven will pass away, and the one above it will pass away. The dead are not alive, and the living will not die. In the days when you consumed what is dead, you made it what is alive. When you come to dwell in the light, what will you do? On the day when you were one you became two. But when you become two, what will you do?"

The point is to choose LOVE, despite PAIN

If we as the one, allow the second to influence us? Then what good are we to another on such things?

The psychological considerations within what you are exploring are immense

As deep as any consideration into "what is choice?'

Or "what is it exactly that is within my control?"

Could I be doing more? Could I give more?

These types of things have the ability to destroy us, if we are so inclined to allow ourselves to drown within the depths of just how much we can "feed the empty"

Should I stop and pick up every mango seed I see fallen by the way and tend to them?

Do I have the resources, time and energy to do so?

Where would I plant them all?

But more importantly, would it actually lessen the pain I feel, even if I committed everything I have and am?

Or would it only make it more painful, for all that I fall short on

Like in "Schindlers list", when Schindler comes to realise just how many people he saved, and all he can do is weep for the many more he could have saved. "If he had only tried a little harder, or given a little more"

The emptiness will take everything, if you let it

It is there to be mindful of and acknowledge. So that it can guide us and help us build a better world

But it cannot be at the loss of joy and the expression of beauty and creation itself

Otherwise, all such pain and the lessons to be learned within it, would be pointless

"Be grateful it was not your head", as you stated

It does not mean you can't be sad if you lost a leg. Just that you should never let it define you, or the harden your eyes to the world

I like to say, "There is nothing more beautiful than a person with one eye, smiling to bring joy into the lives of those with two"

As with gospel of Thomas, this is choosing to bring life into death. Rather than death into life

edit on 18 9 24 by Compendium because: Fixed paragraphing and added picture of the mango tree in my yard today

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 08:21 PM
link   

How do I move past this , how do I accept that other people's lives are not my responsibility . I cannot help but imagine her suffering when I’m trying to imagine a bright future for my family and I.

Do you also feel the pain and suffering of the 6 billon others that have a worst life than you do? Do you feel they are your responsibility too?

I call this the Bady Jesscia syndrome. In 1986 Baby Jessica fell down a small well, and it took tremendous effort to rescue her. The whole country watched in real time crying out to save her and when they pulled her out everyone cheered.

But what about the other 80,000 children that go missing or worst each year? Nothing...

When we focus on one then it is a big deal to us, but we don't care about all the others because they are not directly in our reality. I would say provide care and help at whatever level you can and tell yourself you at least help a little.

The other day an old lady was stuck at the gas pump with an empty tank, and her debit card wasn't working. She came up to me and was frantic and said she had to get her granddaughter, her card wasn't working, she had no gas..... etc All I said was "do you need gas?" She looked at me and just said...yes. I said OK not a big deal and pumped 40 bucks into her car and said have a nice day. Sometimes little things are big.

edit on x30Wed, 18 Sep 2024 20:26:20 -05002024261America/ChicagoWed, 18 Sep 2024 20:26:20 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join