It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Springfield Ohio Preacher "It's Worse than the media says" Haitian was allowed to buy a gun

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

It was just a knee jerk reaction to the other posters comment.

I lived in California when Reagan was governor. I remember when open carry of loaded guns ended.

In addition to repealing open carry gun laws in California, Mulford made it illegal to take firearms into the Capitol. On July 28 it was signed into law by Governor Reagan, who later commented that he saw “no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.”

I pretty much agree with Reagan on that. I really don't want to live where randos with loaded AR-15s are walking the streets intimidating people.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I’m pro guns and want background checks. The man in the video who goes by Baron claims they didn’t background check the man in question. He claimed somehow he was exempt.

If this is true, everyone should have a problem with this. Maybe he was wrong on his facts, but how do you background check someone if they don’t have records in this country?
If we don’t know the history or mental stability of anyone newly released into the country, and we are giving them weapons, that is a problem.

Our felons cannot own firearms and we can verify them. If we don’t know the status of a migrant’s past, and the government it allowing them to possess weapons, this is a recipe for trouble.

Does anyone here want unverified migrants shooting other migrants?

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

I get it, but it kind of pissed me off that someone wanted to bring color into this.
I’m not the whitest person in the room, my mother’s White and my father’s Hispanic , while my grandfather was distant toward us for being mixed. And believe it or not, it was my dad’s father who had a problem with it.
My mom’s side, who are all white, never had a problem with us being mixed.
Many people think blacks are the only ones who experience racism. I heard all sorts of colorful nicknames in school.

My dad had a green card, so I get it, but I don’t want just any Joe smoe to walk into a gun store and be able to purchase a weapon.

I have to be background checked and so should everybody else.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bluesman023

Do you work at the Royal King?

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

What happened to "every one needs a gun"?

This is what conservatives are for no? Pro gun, no checks.
You seriously think illegals or non citizens should have guns in our country? Think hard

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I pretty much agree with Reagan on that. I really don't want to live where randos with loaded AR-15s are walking the streets intimidating people.
lol, I lived in LA for a lot of years and you must be clueless as to how armed gangs are with AR style rifles even full autos. They’re armed to the teeth.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Pretty early in the video the guy says "she makes phone calls ..."

That is how the background check is done in my state. So as far as I know ATF Form 4473 is filled out correctly with federal numbers in the proper lines. That's the info told to the FBI checkers over the phone. That's my state. I've never lived in Ohio though.

As far as time goes: Some states require up to 90 days in state residency for non-citizen gun purchase. I think Ohio dropped theirs recently.

I think the guy making the Youtube video is out of line with his claims.

You asked the question about "How can they even have background to check?" Consider the case of a 17 year old with extensive rap sheet. Turns 18. Gets record legally sealed. Clean slate. Buys guns.

Short term immigrant similar "loop-hole?". The most recent person I know who got a green card had to have a background check done in their home country, as a pre-condition.

edit on 16-9-2024 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

Clueless for sure. There are literally millions of neighborhoods I've never been in.

My LA experience is like '76-'77 RTD Bus from Malibu to Santa Monica and walking up Wilshire BLVD into West LA. Moonies tried to recruit me one time. I turned them down. Scientologists were more aggressive. The word "escape" comes to mind.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Nope i do a lot of shopping there and have purchased guns there.

a reply to: SourGrapes

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   
check google for a form 4473,

Check out line 20. Either I never payed attention to it, or it's new. But WTF is a " U.S.-issued alien or admission number (AR#, USCIS#, or I94#):"?
edit on 16-9-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   

No no. Don't ask me. Ask the gun hugging crowd.

I'm for responsible gun ownership and control.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 12:09 PM
link   

You are preaching to the choir. I am for responsible gun ownership and control. However the people lobbying congress for loosening of restrictions on gun ownership are responsible for this mess.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 12:22 PM
link   

No no. Don't ask me. Ask the gun hugging crowd.

I'm for responsible gun ownership and control.
I think most people including conservatives don’t have a problem with responsible gun ownership laws. I know a lot of gun owners and don’t know of any that want to “loosen” any gun laws including background checks at gun shows.

Can you cite me some citations as to what particular gun laws you think “conservatives” want to loosen?

What gun laws do you think are missing that would solve gun violence?

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Well the NRA is always advocating for loosening of gun laws. And if we look at places like GA and FL they recently passed laws to allow open carry.

And it's hard to point to a specific law. I do think that raising gun ownership age to 21 may help. Also requiring gun owners to have guns under lock and key at all times to limit access to minors would be a good start.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Make of it what you will, but if he was just allowed into this country, and was allowed to purchase a gun, what should we expect next?

Isn't the right to bear arms a God given right?

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BasicResearchMethods

I support bear arms

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

What happened to "every one needs a gun"?

This is what conservatives are for no? Pro gun, no checks.
You seriously think illegals or non citizens should have guns in our country? Think hard

Shall not be infringed.... right?

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Can you cite me some citations as to what particular gun laws you think “conservatives” want to loosen?

What gun laws do you think are missing that would solve gun violence?

I'm looking at Florida here because I remember that after the Parkland school shooting, laws were passed to raise purchase age to 21, bump stocks banned, and red flag law instituted.

Everytown- Florida

For decades, Florida had a reputation for dangerously weak gun laws. In 2018, following the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, the state passed several strong gun laws. The Florida laws include an Extreme Risk process to allow for the temporary removal of guns from people who pose a danger and two measures tightening the gun purchasing process—one raising the minimum age to buy guns and another eliminating the Charleston Loophole. Since the actions taken after the Parkland shooting, legislators have actively worked to weaken Florida’s gun laws and recently repealed the requirement that a person obtain a permit to carry a concealed firearm in public.

Here's what happened in the 2024 session:

Last Session, Florida Lawmakers and Governor DeSantis Enacted Permitless Carry, Despite The Majority of Floridians Opposing Efforts to Erode Common Sense Gun Reform

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The Florida chapters of Moms Demand Action and Students Demand Action, both part of Everytown for Gun Safety’s grassroots networks, released the following statements as the Florida State Legislature begins their legislative session. Last session, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed permitless carry into law behind closed doors despite research showing it could increase gun violence and polling that showed 77 percent of Floridians oppose permitless carry.
Lawmakers have already filed bills which would eliminate mandatory waiting periods for firearms purchases and lower the age requirement to purchase guns from 21 to 18 years old
www.everytown.org... t-efforts-to-dismantle-gun-safety-laws-passed-after-the-shooting-in-parkland/

I like mandatory background checks, red flag laws, permit required to carry concealed, securing away by lock and key from access by minors, felons, mentally unstable, untrained, etc.

Hell! I didn't even mind the assault weapon ban that was in effect for 10 years without the country collapsing.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 08:23 PM
link   

At work we had a conversation with a coworker from Haiti and he said he had eaten cats and liked them. I could go into more detail on whether he had eaten them here, but he didn't catch them or round up strays or steal pets. And he didn't adopt them from shelters.
He's a nice young guy, but Haitians are a weird bunch. I work with a man from the Dominican republic which shares a border with Haiti. Very different.
Years ago urban legends about chinese food places serving cat or dog meat were rampant. Most were probably false, but there had to be some truth to it.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Haiti was where the Clinton foundation did their major child trafficking. There has to be a connection.

<< 1   >>

join