It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Springfield Ohio Preacher "It's Worse than the media says" Haitian was allowed to buy a gun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I was surfing through Youtube and came across this video where a preacher in Ohio claims he witnesses what he believed to be a Haitian migrant purchasing an AR rifle at their local Rural King.

Some of you may have already seen this mans video of him talking at Springfield city commision meeting.

I encourage watching the entire video, but the gun purchase starts at 19:25

Make of it what you will, but if he was just allowed into this country, and was allowed to purchase a gun, what should we expect next? I don't know how a background check could work for this. How could someone like this be vetted without prior knowledge of their background?

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Ohio gun control laws:

The following people may not own or possess a firearm under Ohio law:

A fugitive from justice
A person who is under indictment for or has been convicted of a violent felony offense or has been adjudicated a delinquent child for an offense that would be a violent felony offense if committed by an adult
A person who is under indictment for or has been convicted of any felony drug offense or has been adjudicated a delinquent child for a drug offense that would be a felony if committed by an adult
A person who is drug dependent, in danger of drug dependence, or has chronic alcoholism
A person who is under adjudication of mental incompetence; has been committed to a mental institution; has been found by a court to be a mentally ill person subject to a court order; or is an involuntary patient other than one who is a patient only for purposes of observation

I don't see any restriction against lawful documented immigrants.
edit on 15-9-2024 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

Federal Law

An alien legally in the U.S. is not prohibited from purchasing firearms unless the alien is admitted into the U.S. under a nonimmigrant visa and does not meet one of the exceptions as provided in 18 U.S.C. 922(y)(2), such as possession of a valid hunting license or permit.
May aliens legally in the United States purchase firearms?

See also: quick-reference-sheet-fo r-non-u.s.-citizens-purchasing-a-firearm

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Looks like someone needs to reach out to the Rural King and ask questions. Media should be camped out in front of the store.

Find out why this particular gun store can sell guns to illegals. Were they told to sell them guns?

Eta: perhaps these Haitians aren't illegal. If they are indeed LEGAL immigrants, what documentation is required for background checks?

Can immigrants vote AND buy guns, now?
edit on 15-9-2024 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

I believe the verdict is out whether he was legal.

With all that is currently going on in Springfield there is a chance he is not “legal”.

If he was legal you would think he could speak some English rather than using a translator.

“ During the English test, you must demonstrate an understanding of the English language including the ability to read, write, and speak basic English.”
US citizen and immigration

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   

There is a difference between Naturalized U.S. Citizen and legal non-citizen resident. A permanent non-legal resident is what is called a green card holder. No citizenship test required.

I personally took a green card holder (my business partner in the early '90s) to a gun store to purchase a gun. No problem.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   

What if their "documentation" is temporary pending court decisions on asylum? 🤣

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Exactly, what is their status, while waiting for their legalization court date?

Are they all given temporary alien status? Can they get drivers licenses while waiting for the immigration court date?

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes
a reply to: xuenchen

Exactly, what is their status, while waiting for their legalization court date?

Are they all given temporary alien status? Can they get drivers licenses while waiting for the immigration court date?

For all we know, they have the same status as anybody else here on a vacation visa? 😉

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I don't see any restriction against lawful documented immigrants

Except the devil is in the details. Asylum seekers are not immigrants. It is a nuance the escapes most people. Legalisee is a double edged sword. Odds are they are considered non-immigrant visa. Different processes have different results.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The man in the video claims there was no background check and he didn’t have to fill anything out, he says he was exempt. Maybe he doesn’t know what he actually witnessed, but if this is true we are in trouble.

Most likely your partner had a background check.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

Yess. See the check sheet I linked to earlier. quick-reference-sheet-fo r-non-u.s.-citizens-purchasing-a-firearm

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Maybe he doesn’t know what he actually witnessed, but if this is true we are in trouble.

But he was talking to some city counsel. Maybe somebody can go check the paper work. Not me. I don't live anywhere near there.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 05:55 PM
link   
My son-in-law is a resident alien and is not allowed to own a firearm. Maybe that has changed since Biden took over, if it did, maybe I will have to bring him out shooting at the gun club I belong to. My grandkids are citizens, so they are allowed to have guns, so is my daughter, just not him.

My son-in-law is not a problem, he is not going to shoot anyone unless they threaten his family. But he has not been trained in gun safety and safety is not just something you learn by going to a gun safety class. I grew up with guns, safety is carrying a gun, paying attention to your surroundings, and looking past the deer or partridge you are shooting at to make sure there is not someone standing behind what you are shooting at. Sadly, I have hunted with many people who should not be allowed to use a gun, they get buck fever when they see a deer...they do not look around to make sure it is safe. I also am against deer blinds, you cannot see them very easily, the guy in orange is not visable and most blinds can't stop a rifle bullet.

Even if you are a good shot and hit a deer, that bullet can keep going after that. I have left a lot of animals go because I could not assess the safety of shooting in the area behind the deer. Especially when the deer is running. Do I know anyone who has killed someone deer hunting? Yes, a friend shot his son-in-law with a stray bullet...he could not even see the guy behind some evergreens. He did not get charged with anything, but it has bothered him his whole life after that incident happened.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Here at the Rural King in KY the form is filled out on a computer screen.
Supposedly the Software is ATF Approved and Yes there is a Background Check.

originally posted by: SourGrapes
Looks like someone needs to reach out to the Rural King and ask questions. Media should be camped out in front of the store.

Find out why this particular gun store can sell guns to illegals. Were they told to sell them guns?

Eta: perhaps these Haitians aren't illegal. If they are indeed LEGAL immigrants, what documentation is required for background checks?

Can immigrants vote AND buy guns, now?

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 08:03 PM
link   
OMG, a black guy has a gun 😱😱😱

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
What if their "documentation" is temporary pending court decisions on asylum? 🤣

What if you are actually the reptilian overlord that ATS has been looking for? Really makes you think.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Euronymous2625
OMG, a black guy has a gun 😱😱😱

It says alot about someone when the first thing they point out is the color of someones skin. No one here, but you, has brought this up.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 09:24 PM
link   

What does the Black Panthers have to do with this?

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 10:10 PM
link   

What happened to "every one needs a gun"?

This is what conservatives are for no? Pro gun, no checks.

<<   2 >>

join