It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abnormal Society

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 08:36 AM
link   
What price do you pay to fit in?

Are you sacrificing your individuality to blend into an abnormal society?

I think staying genuine is crucial because it helps us navigate life with integrity.

Being true to ourselves can be challenging, especially in a world that often values conformity over individuality, but it is worth it. Genuine self-expression fosters mental well-being and creates a more meaningful and fulfilling life.

So, how are you doing? I really want to know how you navigate in your life.

And just for a last comment.

I love this quote by Aldous Huxley because I have similar thoughts:

"The real hopeless victims of mental illness are to be found among those who appear to be most normal. Many of them are normal because they are so well adjusted to our mode of existence, because their human voice has been silenced so early in their lives, that they do not even struggle or suffer or develop symptoms as the neurotic does. They are normal not in what may be called the absolute sense of the word; they are normal only in relation to a profoundly abnormal society. Their perfect adjustment to that abnormal society is a measure of their mental sickness. These millions of abnormally normal people, living without fuss in a society to which, if they were fully human beings, they ought not to be adjusted."

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: PrivateAngel

Being true to ourselves can be challenging,

Only if our personal truth doesn't conform to the societal expectations where we live.
I've called myself a pseudo-conformist since secondary school, fact is there are plenty of things that I pretend not to do, plenty of opinions I don't share, and plenty of laws I don't follow.
Thats just living in a human group, or settlement. The main rule I follow is "Does my intended action cause physical injury, harm, or loss to another person?" If the answer is no, and I want to do it, then generally I'll do it.

But while living in a human settlement, I have to be aware of what pisses people off, so I pseudo conform, and save my fights only for things that are important to me.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdultMaleHumanUK

Being true to ourselves can be challenging,

Only if our personal truth doesn't conform to the societal expectations where we live.
I've called myself a pseudo-conformist since secondary school, fact is there are plenty of things that I pretend not to do, plenty of opinions I don't share, and plenty of laws I don't follow.
Thats just living in a human group, or settlement. The main rule I follow is "Does my intended action cause physical injury, harm, or loss to another person?" If the answer is no, and I want to do it, then generally I'll do it.

But while living in a human settlement, I have to be aware of what pisses people off, so I pseudo conform, and save my fights only for things that are important to me.

I enjoyed reading your thoughts.

You live the intelligent way because you choose your battles wisely.

Good for you.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   

The fact I have to wear pants to be a functioning member of society is bullsh*t.

Just sayin.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Being true to ourselves can be challenging, especially in a world that often values conformity over individuality, but it is worth it.

I learned the hard way that life is much easier to navigate if you pretend to conform to group think, especially in a work environment.

When discussing government corruption or the dangers of modern medicine nobody wants to believe they don't have our very best interests at heart, so best to keep your mouth shut.

When I was once asked if I'd ever had any paranormal experiences I answered honestly, only to be labled as a 'freak'. People fear what they don't know or understand; being the object of fear is not what I wish to receive from life so that's a part of me few ever get to see in real life.

The only way I would show people my 'true' self is if I wanted to be an activist who thought I could bring about positive change in the world, which I don't.

I guess that's why I love ATS; I can be my true self, say whatever I like and none of you know who I am.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I really want to know how you navigate in your life.

As a leaf in a river, go with the flow. I know it hurts seeing how this world does work at times. I have no control over that. War has been a part of this planet before recorded history. We would not have these strong, capable bodies without it. To look into the eyes of evil is about exploiting weakness. Hopefully the next generation learns and becomes stronger, it is a trend that has got us this far from all the pain of our ancestors.

What price do you pay to fit in?

It is already a price paid with my existence. As for the company I prefer to keep, Del Bigtree, Mike Adams and Chris Martenson hold the integrity I am looking for.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I am for self expression for sure, it can be both beautiful and terrifying and that is wonderful. However full unbridled expression of “self” is little more then running on instinct like an animal does.

So animals do not get to choose what and how to express they simply are. They always express their true selves without fail, no ego. Higher order animals are different we can lie and deceive hide our true selves. Few animals can do this but some can, apes, whales. Where as lesser animals cannot alter their behaviours.

Altering and choosing what behaviour we express and what we don’t based on or despite how we feel is one of the ways we are different from the base animals.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Moomoo moon!

Even if your rail thin and have tapeworms a moomoo will save you from trouser legs.

Just identify as morbidly obese 👍

a reply to: Moon68

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 05:03 PM
link   
On the bright side, Halloween is coming up and folks will be able to dress up and express themselves and their ideal visions for who/what they identify as the most...Ill be going as myself again (of course, read staying at home where I'm broke as a church mouse in the middle of Nowhere) mainly because I can't afford a costume and face paint.

C'est la vie.

*sigh*

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 06:11 PM
link   

What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
John Wesley

“As I’ve said before, toleration is not a virtue. The Latin tolerare means ‘to bear or endure something.’ Toleration isn’t the ‘whatever floats your boat’ of unprincipled pluralism.

That’s nihilistic toleration

Too much tolerance is negative

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 07:29 PM
link   
How about a Kilt ?

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
On the bright side, Halloween is coming up and folks will be able to dress up and express themselves and their ideal visions for who/what they identify as the most...Ill be going as myself again (of course, read staying at home where I'm broke as a church mouse in the middle of Nowhere) mainly because I can't afford a costume and face paint.

C'est la vie.

*sigh*

Oh come now. You've certainly got an extra sheet and a majic marker. One poor ghost coming up!

Broke sucks but try to think on a bright side. Every day I am older yet I wake up healthy and breathing, I'm so thankful. Especially when I read of other peoples aches and pains and illness.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Abnormal or Design ?

x

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman023
How about a Kilt ?

Not allowed at work. I already looked into it

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

The fact I have to wear pants to be a functioning member of society is bullsh*t.

Just sayin.

You Conformist!!

After reading the OP, I ran out and took a 'dookie' in the middle of the road.

It was a lot more liberating than I thought it would be!

I had this almost overwhelming desire to run around with my butt down low and furiously wag my tail afterwards like my dog does.

edit on 9/13/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos

Altering and choosing what behaviour we express and what we don’t based on or despite how we feel is one of the ways we are different from the base animals.

We are also naturally different from each other, for example, some people might have a genetic predisposition to be more empathetic.

This means that some people may be naturally more empathetic due to their genetic makeup, etc.

Not everything is shaped by our environment.

Even though some people have a genetic predisposition to be more empathetic, then I do believe that everyone can develop their empathy through learning, but for some it just comes naturally so to speak.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

LOL!

Funny you should post that, I was just thinking about being a ghost!

SPOOOKY!

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder

Abnormal or Design ?

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

originally posted by: bluesman023
How about a Kilt ?

Not allowed at work. I already looked into it

tell them you identify as a chick, or a Scotsman.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join