It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blinken indicates he would decline any offer to stay on under Harris

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of Blinken but at least he seemed semi-competent, makes me wonder who Harris would tab for this important position during a crucial and critical period with Russia, China, Iran, Israel, etc.

Blinken indicates he would decline any offer to stay on under Harris

www.washingtonpost.com...

Although he has served in foreign policy roles across multiple Democratic administrations, Blinken has worked most closely over his career with Biden, who hired him when he was the senior Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and took him along when he became vice president.

The acknowledgment — not a surprise, but still the first public acknowledgment of his plans — is another indicator that a Kamala Harris presidency would probably have a different foreign policy team from that of President Joe Biden. Harris has indicated she would generally continue Biden’s approach to international affairs, but she has also struck a more critical tone toward the Israeli government and civilian deaths in Gaza.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Question! Can any Obamas or Clintons serve as secretary of state?

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna

Yes, they both are elegible for the position.
edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:16 PM
link   

This position has been given to Liz Cheney.

Mark my words

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I don't care what race, gender or religion they are so long as they know when to give up on peaceful discussions to play the hawk.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Mark my words

Ahh then do we get back a warmongering Cheney! That is so laughable because of the likelihood of it being the case. It would also be the height of irony.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Blinken is a hack, so who cares!

He should go find a bridge to jump off of!

Wrong guy, oops! Still not my hero, but not who I intended.
edit on 9/6/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

are you a time traveler??!? 1/1/1908! tell me your secrets! I need to go back........to the future! hehehehehehehe thanks just wasn't sure well who all could do that position like if you can get disqualified somehow by being president before or doing it before.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Harris looks like she's trying extra hard not to shape shift.

edit on 6-9-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Mark my words

Dick Cheney just said he's voting for Kamala!

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Mark my words

If Harris wins. If not, Liz will have to go play cards with Kinzinger.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   

edit on 6-9-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Blinken is a hack, so who cares!

He should go find a bridge to jump off of!

Damn FCD, what exactly would you prefer to discuss...

I know you have heard the saying the devil you do know #1 when you have ineffective leadership having competent diplomats helps tremendously in trying to turn down the temperature

besides LOL look at the VP selection, I have no faith in Harris being able to put together a decent cabinet, at least Biden has some experience.

and #2 this seems to be such a precarious moment in our country's relationship with the rest of the world. I can't recall a more urgent time since the '60s even then we had better candidates

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I misspoke. I got Blinken confused with Milley.

My apologies. My error.

Milley should go jump off a bridge!

ETA - Regarding the balance of your statement(s)...if Harris is elected to leader of the free World, it won't matter who the Secretary of State is. We'll all be doomed regardless. Worse, is the clown, Walz, the Communist (who makes Bernie Sanders look like a moderate Communist) in the VP slot.

edit on 9/6/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna

Pretty sure none of the Obamas or Clintons would want to be shackled with the travel responsibilities not to mention the diplomatic and public responsibilities. I damn sure, can't see HRC taking orders from Madame VP, unless she is installed like Dick Cheney was. Even then having a Clinton or Obama publically in her administration is highly unlikely.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Kamala's brother-in-law will be given this or the A.G. job.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I misspoke. I got Blinken confused with Milley.

My apologies. My error.

Milley should go jump off a bridge!

ETA - Regarding the balance of your statement(s)...if Harris is elected to leader of the free World, it won't matter who the Secretary of State is. We'll all be doomed regardless. Worse, is the clown, Walz, the Communist (who makes Bernie Sanders look like a moderate Communist) in the VP slot.

Probably, but not to harp on the obvious negative economic impact of a Harris/Walz administration domestically, we could see ourselves embroiled in more conflicts and wars internationally. Think about how different the world might be if Bush had sent somebody different than April Gillespie to talk with Saddam about the invasion of Kuwait, well unless they wanted war all along, a distinct possibility.

Regardless our escapades in Iraq and Afghanistan now seem like they did not accomplish the intended goal except making those connected to the MIC and the rebuilding of both countries incredibly rich, which was the likely intention anyway.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 04:14 PM
link   
With Blinken's predisposition to lying, it would be smart to believe this is another ruse. Keep in mind he's a founder of WestExec. 😃

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Mark my words

NWO-a-go-go

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

Kamala's brother-in-law will be given this or the A.G. job.

I Could see him as Attorney General, and was reading about him, another Democrat employed in the past by PepsiCo.

But yes considering Kamala blows with the wind who, the DNC installs as in her cabinet will be interesting as that is where the decision making will be coming from

top topics

<<   2 >>

join