It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is this why they want to go to mars?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: wrayth

We must first mine the moon until it loses so much mass that it is drawn to the Earth’s surface, triggering a cataclysmic event. Some of humanity will retreat into the depths of the Earth. Those who remain on the surface will stay human, while those below will eventually evolve into a separate species, emerging at night to hunt the surface dwellers for food. Then, a time traveler named Barron, from before the great cataclysm, will appear in this dark future. He will lead the surface humans to victory against the sub-humans. Only then can humanity begin mining Mars.

How exactly does loss of mass reduce orbital velocity? Please show your calculations.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 04:44 PM
link   
What do people think Phobos and Deimos are? They’re not moons as such. Their orbits suggest unlikely gravitational capture by Mars itself. They seem to have some other strange anomalies. Looks to me like asteroids brought into orbit for close planet mining. I mean of course that’s madness because then there would have to have been advanced intelligence on Mars and NASA tells us that is impossible.

As to the OP. Any rocky planet formed like ours will have an abundance of minerals on and within it. Any feasible to mine could be mined, as could smaller planetoids.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Moons are a better choice , the lower gravity gives a better trust to weight ratio.

Mars is a terrible planet to land on because of the atmosphere and the low amount of drag that can slow down your landers.

edit on 6-9-2024 by Greazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Reminds me of Antarctica.

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

You'll have to check with Orson Wells.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

ha Ack Ack I haven't listened to Slim Whitman in a while...

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: wrayth

The idea of mining other bodies in space has been around for decades. Basically, it is a false flag move to bolster interest in exploring space further. Elaborate schemes have been suggested for mining the Moon, asteroids and Mars. Yet, earth has not yet giver her all to the cause. --And she won't until the last shovel is turned for some material or another.

Mars is of interest because it again has been revealed to the public that it could have and did once, millions of years ago, harbor a high-tech civilization. --Not necessarily the reasons for our UFO sightings for centuries (and far before) but in spite of the other space civilizations that came to visit them and us.

Mars has two artificial satellites. Not factory made, but naturally made asteroids. The Martians captured them from the outer ring of Jupiter's asteroids and move them by explosive force into their present unnatural and impossible -by-normal-physics positions in low orbits around Mars.

These tiny "moons" are Phobos and Deimos. The US Viking missions of the late 1970 proved them to be engineered both by their features and positions. But everybody accepts the official words that they are simply natural bodies because they have "always" been there. But investigations of the decays of their orbits will place them within a million years or two of when they were put into place as monuments to Martian prowess. As monuments and work stations, they are both clocks that timed the Martian hour with Phobos and Martian day with Deimos for those below.

There is very little these days that you can believe that comes from the space agencies of our governments. They know all about Mars history and from where the many visiting UFOs come.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well, they will spend taxpayer money to go to mars and mine. Then ship two tons of precious metal to earths orbit where a waiting ship will remove enough of the metal to make it weigh two tons on earth. Using an earth scale to measure the metal on Mars with about a third of the gravity means that when it gets back to earth two thirds of it can be taken and it will weight the same on the scale...most people would not even realize this happened, two tons sent, two tons received.

I think there is way too much ability to cheat with this.

Do we really need gold anyway, do we really need platinum to survive on this planet. We are destroying the earth to get valuable metals that we do not really need to survive. Value of things is judged by people's belief they are valuable most times. We have been conditioned to believe in things that are not actually real. To me a Rembrant is not worth more than a good painting done by a local artist, but somehow we have been led to believe it is. They also convince people that Houses are worth far more than they are so people will borrow money and pay interest to buy them at that high price, real estate brokers get paid by a percentage, if the value jumps way up they make more money. Is your house really worth what they have valued it as....the state governments that collect property taxes love the raise they got lately, even if locked, the value is unlocked with a sale and their taxes are more. We are constantly being led to believe in deceit, we accept it as the way it is.

But remember, you cannot fight city hall. suck it up and pay your property tax due or you will lose your house. Because, we really do not own our house, we pay for it, we pay taxes on it, but if you do not pay your taxes the government seizes it. We do not own our homes unless we pay the government to be able to think we own them.
edit on 6-9-2024 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It seems apparent to some of us that think alot about what has happened and what is going is that gold is important to us and was also to the ancient astronauts for its engineering uses--more than likely their flight apparatui. They would not venture here with any effort solely for jewelry. Humans adapted the lust if not need for gold and it has remained even now as we need more and more of it for our devices.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 12:24 AM
link   
As soon as they realize that the people they are sending to Mars won't be coming back...

Mars will become a Penal Colony.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AnnihilateThis

Just had time enough to listen to your contribution, and all I can say is RIGHT the # ON!

Men are from Mars, Woman are from Venus.

# YEAH!

That intro was EPICAL!

SURE BEATS A SUPHURICAL DULPAH BATH!

:COOL:

edit on 9/7/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
what if we started on Mars, destroyed the planet because of war (Think Myths), and came to this planet to restart in peace?

which did not last long....

I thiought this a very long time ago... seeded from Mars!

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: wrayth
so we all have heard that mars used to be like earth, atmosphere, water etc.
they want to colonize mars.

well if mars was so much like earth, could the reason they want us over there be to mine resources?
imagine how much oil might be under the surface, how much metallic ores etc.?

could there be billions upon billions in resources under mars surface?

No.

The simpler reason is its going to be too over-populated here on Earth and either too hot or maybe too cold.... depending on what happens in the next 50 years or so..

edit on 7-9-2024 by xWorldxGonexMadx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

I didnt do the algebra to isolate mass ir radius, so I'm not sure if lower mass equates to lower radius but mass is a factor in the calculations of centripetal force.

formula centripetal force

Towing asteroids to earth orbit might be the most cost-effective way to to mine space
edit on 7-9-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

You don't "tow" things in space, you aim them and set in motion. Course corrects would be necessary at many points. Phobos and Deimos, to be put in place around Mars, would have required many, many pushes. We can clearly see from the large crater, Hickney, on the end of Phobos, that was where the nuclear explosions were placed to push it along its centerline. The Viking mission of the late 70's revealed too much about the secrets of Mars. Anybody remember when Mars was bone dry as the Moon.....Oh! Wait a minute...!

edit on 7-9-2024 by CosmicFocus because: exchanged an "l" for an "n"

edit on 7-9-2024 by CosmicFocus because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2024 by CosmicFocus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicFocus

Not entirely true there are approaches where you use gravitational forces to tow stuff... Because mass attracts mass, it's an idea that got pushed around during the whole "how to deviate asteroids on collision course with earth" brainstorming. Basically you put a tiny spacecraft in front and it's mass alone effects the trajectory of the rock behind...

The pro of that method is it takes little ressources the con is it takes lots and lots of time... Not really an option for quick response like protecting earth but definetly for reeling resources toward earth...
edit on 7-9-2024 by Terpene because: Lots of time

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   

What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ARM19688

I have always thought there was something very strange about those "moons".

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2
Space terrorists

Have you seen the series "the expanse"... It sure is one heck of a dangerous tool if we ever manage to steer asteroids...

I think we have a pretty good grip on orbital math, thank the gods we don't have a 3 body problem

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Yes. Read the book too.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join