It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is this why they want to go to mars?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   
so we all have heard that mars used to be like earth, atmosphere, water etc.
they want to colonize mars.

well if mars was so much like earth, could the reason they want us over there be to mine resources?
imagine how much oil might be under the surface, how much metallic ores etc.?

could there be billions upon billions in resources under mars surface?

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: wrayth

No doubt there are many riches there. But getting there, extracting them, and bringing them somewhere to be further processed is a huge challenge in many ways.

ETA. It would not surprise me in the least to learn that NASA or government contractors have done classified studies on what Mars might have to offer in terms of mineral wealth. Probably other countries have done the same. Think about it. In the old days, explorers weren't trying to find shorter routes to India for no reason. It was ALL about money.

Cheers
edit on 6-9-2024 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I was going to say exactly what F2d5thCavv2 said, getting there and back

so instead perhaps we should just invite them here

edit on 6-9-2024 by UpIsNowDown2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Nah, It's for the Martian womenfolk.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   
what if we started on Mars, destroyed the planet because of war (Think Myths), and came to this planet to restart in peace?

which did not last long....

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think that by the time we might begin to mine Mars even by machine proxy many of the resources we could find they like oil will be obsolete.

As well, I don't think it will be governments going to Mars, it will be corporations. Sure they will soak governments for grants which means citizens and taxes so that they can have the monopolies that might come from those resources and then charge the consumer for them. If there isn't a high enough profit in it for them they will forget it. Cynical I know.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Interesting read on resource acquisition.

www.lawonmars.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

Interesting indeed!

Talk about overreach! A bunch of countries who have never even been to space making up rules for what other countries who can go into space can do while they're there. I wonder if E.T. has decided whose property Earth is? And what would the infamous UN have to say about that?

From my perspective, the spoils of space go to the finder. What a foolish notion, some silly little self-appointed Earthlings making up rules for who can do what in space! It's even laughable...LOL!

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Moon68

Interesting indeed!

Talk about overreach! A bunch of countries who have never even been to space making up rules for what other countries who can go into space can do while they're there. I wonder if E.T. has decided whose property Earth is? And what would the infamous UN have to say about that?

From my perspective, the spoils of space go to the finder. What a foolish notion, some silly little self-appointed Earthlings making up rules for who can do what in space! It's even laughable...LOL!

Right?

It seems to me that they could have just copied Maritime Law Law of Finds and Law of Salvage. Woul've been far simpler.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:16 PM
link   

This just showed up in my intergalactic mailbox...

Regarding Mars, just in general, you silly Earthlings need to wake up and smell the coffee! Mars ain't the Moon. You don't say things like "when" you get to Mars, you say "IF" you get to Mars. And that "IF" gets 10x bigger (maybe 1000x bigger) when you start talking about 'returning' from Mars (alive and in one piece).

Just the logistics of getting a group of people large enough to establish some sort of a base to Mars is outside the practical grip of Earthlings at the moment. Oh sure, you greedy bastages will figure it out sooner or later, if there's something there you can pillage for profits. But it won't come in your current generation, or even likely your next generation, not mining on the surface of Mars in any practical way, and returning those spoils to the comforts of Earth. Nope, you're a ways off from that, but not to worry there's still plenty of your planet left to destroy and lots of people left to kill in the meantime.

Shazbot Nanu-Nanu and BYE-eeee!

edit on 9/6/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The resources of Mars would be useful for making things on Mars to be used there. It you want to supply earth, it would be much easier to mine the asteroids. No need to lift everything you made out of Mars gravity. Mars has less gravity than Earth but still a waste of fuel to lift anything other than personel back.

Set up a processing plant on a big astroid then gather the little ones for raw material. Some are probably mostly pure metals. Feed that stock into 3d printers and fly spaceships out.

There's treasure up there in them rocks. We just need to figure out how to get them.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Very good assesment.

A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

Nah, It's for the Martian womenfolk.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

HOT DAMN THAT'S THE FREAKIN' TRUTH!

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Maybe we should go to Venus instead.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 03:05 PM
link   

We must first mine the moon until it loses so much mass that it is drawn to the Earth’s surface, triggering a cataclysmic event. Some of humanity will retreat into the depths of the Earth. Those who remain on the surface will stay human, while those below will eventually evolve into a separate species, emerging at night to hunt the surface dwellers for food. Then, a time traveler named Barron, from before the great cataclysm, will appear in this dark future. He will lead the surface humans to victory against the sub-humans. Only then can humanity begin mining Mars.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

What about a time traveler named Alexander?

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   

There might be a lot of resources there but the price tag to retrieve them is way to high

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Why am I thinking about Oliphants right now?

LOL!

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I had hoped someone would recognize the story. I borrowed the name I used from "The Adventures of Baron Trump," another time traveler.
edit on 2024 9 6 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join