It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrants ... making up ‘75% of arrests in Midtown’ (NYC)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDuckEnergy

46000 of 109000 is 42.2ish percent.

Correct. Which means that 57.8 per cent of crimes were committed by citizens. Noncitizens are more law-abiding, on average, than citizens. Plain and simple.

You are mixing up years to arrive at your figures. You have to compare 2023 figures to 2023 figures, not 2022 or 2024.

edit on 7-9-2024 by Kallipygywiggy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kallipygywiggy
Noncitizens are more law-abiding, on average, than citizens. Plain and simple.

Illegal immigrants broke the law to get here.
That means they ALL are not law-abiding.
Plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kallipygywiggy

From the OP article; quoting an NYPD spokesperson.

However, the spokesperson also noted, “Police officers are prohibited from asking about the immigration status of crime victims, witnesses, or suspects and therefore the NYPD doesn’t track data pertaining to immigration statuses.”

If they don't seek nor track the data all the data you are hanging your argument on is meaningless.

edit on 7-9-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Correct. Which means that 57.8 per cent of crimes were committed by citizens. Noncitizens are more law-abiding, on average, than citizens. Plain and simple.

You are mixing up years to arrive at your figures. You have to compare 2023 figures to 2023 figures, not 2022 or 2024.
Who gives a #. One crime by a illegal is to many. I lived in LA for many years back in the day and watched illegals turn entire communities into cesspools people couldn’t wait to get out of because of the increased criminal element. Saw it happen in CO too. These were what was once nice and safe neighborhoods. So don’t really care about your stats because I’ve seen firsthand these places transformed into #holes. They bring their culture with them and not always the good attributes of it.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   

My friend that is not how math works. Of course citizens are going to commit more crimes than non citizens because there are more citizens than non citizens. That is why you have to look at % make-up of the group vs the % of what they are doing. Think of it like this. Imagine a room where there are 90 ducks and 1 goose. The 90 ducks poop in the room one time and the goose poops in the room 89 times. That is one poop per duck and 89 poops per goose, but if you ignore population size, you just say "the ducks poop more than geese", which is what you are doing here with the crime stats.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Hahaha! Fiddlesticks.

Torture the numbers all you like, you will never make them yield the conclusion you want.

Immigrants are more law-abiding than American natives, period. You daren't believe it because your excuse for hating them would be lost, but there it is.

Why don't you just man up and own your feelings? Most of the people on this thread seem to have the same feelings anyway.

edit on 8-9-2024 by Kallipygywiggy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDuckEnergy
My friend that is not how math works. Of course citizens are going to commit more crimes than non citizens because there are more citizens than non citizens. That is why you have to look at % make-up of the group vs the % of what they are doing.

Yeah ... basic 8thh grade math. Those who support the invasion of illegals seem to have slept through their classes. OR they are just ignoring it and blathering feelings and propaganda that suit their agenda. Either way, the math doesn't lie and they are wrong.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Hahaha! Fiddlesticks.

Torture the numbers all you like, you will never make them yield the conclusion you want.

Immigrants are more law-abiding than American natives, period. You daren't believe it because your excuse for hating them would be lost, but there it is.

Why don't you just man up and own your feelings? Most of the people on this thread seem to have the same feelings anyway.

So your argument is that 1+1 doesn't equal 2 and that saying that it does is torturing the numbers? I sincerely can't tell if you are trolling or not.

Moving on from that, I was trying to use the statistics to show that noncitizens basically DONT commit more crimes than citizens and that the number is basically within a margin of error to their make up of the population.

What is shocking is that when confronted with your own ignorance (I am assuming it is ignorance and not malicious trolling) of how statistics with populations work, you instead call someone you don't even know racist. I don't hate anyone, but if I did, it wouldn't be my family, who is partially made of this group (noncitizens), it would most logically be you, for claiming something that abhorrent about someone you haven't the first clue about.

By your own logic, you are a racist too, so good work bigot. I think it would be more prudent to just report you for insults and trolling and let our friendly moderators handle it. Honestly, your denial of math hurts me on a foundational level.
edit on 8-9-2024 by BigDuckEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I suspect the "midtown" area they are referring to is around the migrant encampment. I bet 75% of the arrests in China town are Chinese too. Does that mean Chinese people have a predisposition for crime or do they just make up the majority of the population in that area?

I'm against illegal immigration as much as the next guy and think we have a huge problem with it. But I refuse to let the media gaslight me like they did with Trump and the left.

This is an obvious gaslighting to get a reaction from conservatives and you all appear to be taking the bait.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kallipygywiggy

From the OP article; quoting an NYPD spokesperson.

However, the spokesperson also noted, “Police officers are prohibited from asking about the immigration status of crime victims, witnesses, or suspects and therefore the NYPD doesn’t track data pertaining to immigration statuses.”

Why do you keep bringing up data that is clearly incomplete?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join