It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrants ... making up ‘75% of arrests in Midtown’ (NYC)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I've even seen official on-line police blotter pages where there would be a photo of a man who was obviously negro, asian or hispanic, and right beside the photo under race it says caucasian or white.

That is not an uncommon practice.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 12:41 AM
link   
This illegal invasion of America is getting out of hand.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
This illegal invasion of America is getting out of hand.

I'm thinking that getting citizenship in Mexico, renouncing my US citizenship, then slipping across the border illegally might be my best chance at a comfy retirement.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I do feel sorry for them. They were gaslighted into voting for those scumbags who want us dead because America stands in the way of their NWO government.

originally posted by: AwakeNotWoke
I'll add this:

I don't feel particularly sorry for NYC as an entity. Their retarded politicians have put the structure in place for this to happen, and their retarded voters have put those politicians in office. So, you get what you vote for.

It is a pity and a damned shame that what once was considered one of the grandest cities in the US is now a blight, but I have always believed that people get what they deserve.

At what point to people wake up and stop putting up with the abuse?

:

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 06:44 AM
link   
MY lib friends quoting NPR will get nowhere with me. I am asking "who do you trust and why since they all lied to us??

I can't trust propaganda machines to EVER tell me one thing. Their lies have ruined their credibility for freakin ever.

originally posted by: xuenchen
but but but but but but but

the liberal msm says
the liberal msm says
the liberal msm says
the liberal msm says
the liberal msm says
🤣🤣🤣
Immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than U.S.-born Americans, studies find

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

Long, scary article without a single verifiable fact in it. The headline claim is just an 'estimate' based on no actual data, and the source is an anonymous police officer. Scaremongering rubbish.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kallipygywiggy

Long, scary article without a single verifiable fact in it. The headline claim is just an 'estimate' based on no actual data, and the source is an anonymous police officer. Scaremongering rubbish.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Some people are convinced that if it's not on CNN or MSNBC, it must be discounted.

These are reports from people who are on the ground, interfacing daily with the situation. Anybody who thinks that they will get the unvarnished truth from the government or government gundog media is just simple minded. If government mouthpieces or the mainstream media says it, the opposite is probably true.

There is the rare occasion when they are finally forced to admit the truth because the truth becomes widely known (usually due to the efforts of independent media), but even then they try to twist in any way they can.

The NYPD cop who said that he had to let a double murderer go because of sanctuary laws; you discount him because CNN didn't announce it? Do you expect MSNBC to tell you these things?

No, I won't follow those who have proven themselves to be liars time and again. I'll trust people who are on the ground, engaging the situation on a daily basis and are not driving a politicised agenda. If you think that people telling the truth about what they see daily on the streets is political, then you are a big part of the problem.

:
edit on 2024 9 4 by AwakeNotWoke because: typo.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kallipygywiggy

I'm curious, if you can't collect data scientifically, because NY banned science, what avenue do you have to find out information? You would have to ask the people who actually do it, right? And you are suggesting that this newspaper leak the names of sources/whistleblowers?
edit on 4-9-2024 by BigDuckEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 04:21 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Move over MS13-there's a new kid on the block!

Venezuelan gang takes over Chicago apartment building
[americanmilitarynews.com...]

El Paso on high alert as dangerous Venezuelan gang described as 'MS-13 on steroids' surges into US
[www.foxnews.com...]

And for those who have a fear of Fox news and their spoiler alerts:
[www.dailymail.co.uk...]

How many Venezuelans are here? %00,00? 1,000,000? 2,000,000? Who knows; certainly not the current administration.
What a travest the last three and a half years have been.

FJB and the kamal he rode in on.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 03:57 AM
link   

I love it when progressives are left scratching their red baboons asses not knowing how to solve a problem that they created and had intended for someone else to solve it for them.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Some people are convinced that if it's not on CNN or MSNBC, it must be discounted.

Maybe, but I'm not one of them.

There is the rare occasion when they are finally forced to admit the truth

Maybe, but this isn't one of them.

I'll trust people who are on the ground, engaging the situation on a daily basis and are not driving a politicised agenda

The NY Post has no political agenda?

News Corp is independent media?

Have you just landed from Cloud Cuckoo Land?

Away with you and your scaremongering tripe!

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Kallipygywiggy

We have numbers from 2022. ICE and the ERO numbers suggest about 20000 felons were on their non-citizen list. Per NYC arrest reports about 35000 people were charged with a felony as their most major offense. That would roughly be about 57% of felony arrests. This isn't perfect, because this only covers people and charges where the suspect was immediately charged. I assume it would be less if NYC actually reported the numbers/cases to ICE so they could verify citizenship.

As of now, I would fact check this story as false because even the most generous number is much less than 75% based on past trends.
edit on 5-9-2024 by BigDuckEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDuckEnergy

Hey, folks, we got a "factchecker" here!

"Official" gov't figures (whether reported by the gov't itself or its lapdog propaganda "media" arm) have consistently been proven to always be skewed in favor of the narrative.

It's generally safe to assume the opposite of what we are fed.

Next?

:
edit on 2024 9 5 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AwakeNotWoke

"Official" gov't figures (whether reported by the gov't itself or its lapdog propaganda "media" arm) have consistently been proven to always be skewed in favor of the narrative.

It's generally safe to assume the opposite of what we are fed.

Next?

:

What narrative is skewing the crime to be 57% and not 75%? Do you actively think the difference makes the situation not a problem? 57% is horrendous.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 01:10 AM
link   

The brutes, spoiling your innocent, heart-warming far-right fantasy. Blast them!

In fact, the scaremongering rubbish you posted is even wronger than they said you were. Read on, and be enlightened.

Per NYC arrest reports about 35000 people were charged with a felony as their most major offense. That would roughly be about 57% of felony arrests [are of noncitizens].

The population of NYC is roughly 8.3 million.

This includes about 3 million legal, documented noncitizens.

Additionally, there are an estimated 835,000 illegal noncitizens resident in NYC.

In other words, noncitizens, legal and illegal, make up just under half the city's population.

Now, what do we see when we look at arrest figures?

In 2022, to take the year you chose, the total number of prosecuted arrests (where charges were filed) was 92,272 (lots more information at that source, too, including an ethnic breakdown of arrests; take a look).

I can't find a number for noncitizen arrests in 2022, but in 2023, when the total number of arrests had risen to 109,303, there were 46,396 noncitizen arrests. In other words, well under half the arrests were of noncitizens (documented and undocumented).

The record shows clearly that noncitizens are slightly more law-abiding than noncitizens. Anyone who is acquainted with the facts is well aware of this and, besides, it stands to reason. People are undertandably more wary about committing crimes when they are in a foreign country.

There is, as the OP's NYP article admits, no official way to tell whether the arrested noncitizens were documented or not, but there is also absolutely no reason, absent prejudice, to believe that the proportion of illegals was higher than what demographic data would lead us to expect. This whole thread is based on a barefaced lie. The lie was allegedly told by some bigoted NYC cop, but who knows? Maybe the NYP just made it up to stir up their loyal MAGA readers.

edit on 6-9-2024 by Kallipygywiggy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   

The brutes, spoiling your innocent, heart-warming far-right fantasy. Blast them!

In fact, the scaremongering rubbish you posted is even wronger than they said you were. Read on, and be enlightened.

Per NYC arrest reports about 35000 people were charged with a felony as their most major offense. That would roughly be about 57% of felony arrests [are of noncitizens].

The population of NYC is roughly 8.3 million.

This includes about 3 million legal, documented noncitizens.

Additionally, there are an estimated 835,000 illegal noncitizens resident in NYC.

In other words, noncitizens, legal and illegal, make up just under half the city's population.

Now, what do we see when we look at arrest figures?

In 2022, to take the year you chose, the total number of prosecuted arrests (where charges were filed) was 92,272 (lots more information at that source, too, including an ethnic breakdown of arrests; take a look).

I can't find a number for noncitizen arrests in 2022, but in 2023, when the total number of arrests had risen to 109,303, there were 46,396 noncitizen arrests. In other words, well under half the arrests were of noncitizens (documented and undocumented).

The record shows clearly that noncitizens are slightly more law-abiding than noncitizens. Anyone who is acquainted with the facts is well aware of this and, besides, it stands to reason. People are undertandably more wary about committing crimes when they are in a foreign country.

There is, as the OP's NYP article admits, no official way to tell whether the arrested noncitizens were documented or not, but there is also absolutely no reason, absent prejudice, to believe that the proportion of illegals was higher than what demographic data would lead us to expect. This whole thread is based on a barefaced lie. The lie was allegedly told by some bigoted NYC cop, but who knows? Maybe the NYP just made it up to stir up their loyal MAGA readers.

I got the noncitizen numbers from ICE/ERO. The NYCJA source does have a "racial breakdown" as well as age, etc but without going line by line and verifying the race of the alleged, it is hard to take it at face value. NYC and other big city policing has had racism issues in the past as well as misracing people (remember that not everyone reports race the same way) which is why citizenship is am easier standard on which to base it.

Speaking of which, I have found reported 4 different numbers for undocumented noncitizens for NYC, ranging from 500k to 1.2 million. These different sources can't even get their story straight on how many new undocumented people came to the city in 2024, ranging from 130 to 215k. Using the numbers you posted, that would mean noncitizens are arrested for 42% of the arrests and make up 36% of the population. Meaning they do commit a small amount more of crime. That is seemingly a very scant difference, but does go against the claims that noncitizens are less criminal than citizens by a very small amount.

This is the issue with all of this and figuring out what is actually true and not true. If NYC won't report to ICE, ICE can't produce numbers of relevance. Notice how their more recent reports are on who ICE themselves apprehended in NYC. This is a pain point for the city that their mayor even complained about. Eric Adam's has demanded that the decade+ old situation of sanctuary city status be changed and that migrant crime would "destroy the city". His words. If the city hasn't reported accurate numbers in decades, how would we even be able to use the info we do have, like we have been trying to do in here, to find anything close to the truth?

Should we take the mayor's statements at face value or do you think he is pandering to voters?
edit on 6-9-2024 by BigDuckEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Using the numbers you posted, that would mean noncitizens are arrested for 42% of the arrests and make up 36% of the population.

Could you show how you arrived at that?

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Using the numbers you posted, that would mean noncitizens are arrested for 42% of the arrests and make up 36% of the population.

Could you show how you arrived at that?

46000 of 109000 is 42.2ish percent. Depending on what you wanna take for population, VERA reportd 29% for immigrants in the NYC metro. If you take just the city proper of 3.1 million into the estimated 8.2 million of people, you get 37.1ish percent. My 36 was not accounting for 2024 numbers and there has been a huge influx of immigrants from 2022, bringing it up to 37.1%. So technically true that they commit more than their population of crime, it is so close does it really matter?
edit on 6-9-2024 by BigDuckEnergy because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join