It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrants ... making up ‘75% of arrests in Midtown’ (NYC)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The complete headline from an article published by the New York Post is:

Migrants flooding NYC’s justice system — making up ‘75% of arrests in Midtown’ — as ‘pathetic’ sanctuary city laws handcuff cops

Now, many of us have had our run-ins with the bleeding hearts (or, more likey bots and/or paid shills) who throw up their excuses for the sorry state of affairs:

[snipped]

From the report:

An NYPD spokesperson said overall crime is down so far this year compared to last year, and added, “New Yorkers can count on the NYPD’s ongoing vigilance in every neighborhood.”

However, the spokesperson also noted, “Police officers are prohibited from asking about the immigration status of crime victims, witnesses, or suspects and therefore the NYPD doesn’t track data pertaining to immigration statuses.”

As a result, the only people who have a full understanding of the scale of the problem are the police officers and court workers who see it day in, day out.

“I would say about 75% of the arrests in Midtown Manhattan are migrants, mostly for robberies, assaults, domestic incidents and selling counterfeit items,” a Midtown officer said.

He said the figure is an estimate because “you can’t be 100% sure [they’re migrants] unless you arrest them in a shelter or they’re dumb enough to give you a shelter address.”

So, some bleedin' heart is going to say, "Well, see, crime is down overall!"

Yeah, so what if we eliminated those 75% of illegals being arrested? But, in reality, I doubt that crime is actually down. As a matter of fact, other statements from the same report (see below) contradict that. If there is a reduction in statistics, what they are seeing is that policing is so focused on handling the illegals that a lot of crime is going unreported or is simply not being dealt with due to stretched resources. You know the old Blue City rule: If it doesn't get reported, it didn't happen.

Also from the report:

“Most of the people we arrest are professionals — these aren’t their first crimes,” one law enforcement source said.

The cop added that the Biden-Harris administration’s lax border policies, combined with sanctuary city laws, have allowed the problem to fester.

Crime would be down significantly if there was a wall and we could account for everyone who comes into the country,” the source grumbled. “And more importantly, throw them out if they commit a crime.”

But that would be ... uh ... inhumane, right? I guess it's more "humane" to let them keep walking the streets and committing crimes against citizens.

NYC's sanctuary city poilcy is a big part of the problem. Again, from the report:

The problem is made much worse by sanctuary city laws that mean New York cops aren’t allowed to work with ICE on cases in which they believe suspects are in the country illegally. Additionally, the NYPD says it is barred from tracking the immigration status of offenders.

This makes it almost impossible for authorities to get their arms around the problem, experts and sources on the ground say.

“New York City eliminated a tool to get rid of violent criminals. What a mess,” Jim Quinn, a veteran former prosecutor at the Queens District Attorney’s Office, told The Post.

“The sanctuary city law is pathetic. It’s disgusting. It’s crazy.”

Making matters worse, police sources say, word has gotten out in the shelters about the city’s lax bail guidelines — meaning migrants know they’re going to get kicked back onto the street quickly after they’re nabbed.

As far as the migrant gangs (the ones that have been purposely imported to wreak havoc in US cities and who missions are now in the process of being activatated), the report states:

Meanwhile, Tren de Aragua — the vicious Venezuelan prison gang wreaking armed havoc around the country — has set up shop in NYC and is already tied to hundreds of crimes, including the shootings of two NYPD cops who were trying to arrest a member in June.

The very same pack of thugs has been arming up to facilitate further terrorizing the city, smuggling guns into city-run shelters in food delivery bags to evade metal detectors.

The report goes on to stay, regarding crime being "down:"

“Roosevelt Avenue and 91st Street looks like a scene from ‘Casablanca’ with all the vendors. You can buy food, clothes, toys, electronics, tools and get your car washed,” the NYPD source said of the mass-scale open-air bazaar that has sprung up along the sidewalks.

“The area has become a Third World country, and it seems like City Hall doesn’t care about the taxpayers who live and work here.”

He said Elmhurst, particularly the area along Roosevelt Avenue, has experienced a nearly 22% uptick in crime compared to last year — much of it migrant-related — putting it in second place for the worst increase of crime citywide, trailing only Central Park in Manhattan.

Business owners and residents of Jackson Heights and Elmhurst said they’ve watched helplessly as the neighborhood has taken a nosedive into a crime-riddled slum.

“People don’t want to come to the pharmacy because of the sidewalks here,” said Jenny Leal, pharmacist at Mi Pharmacia on Roosevelt Avenue, while gesturing to a row of at least 50 vendors who have set up shop in the immediate vicinity.

“The number of prostitutes have doubled in the last two months. They’re starting to act like they are part of the community now,” she said. “We see them every day, it’s like the same people wearing the same outfits. It’s really strange.”

City PBA president Patrick Hendry decried the out-of-control lawlessness taking root across the city, blaming the courts for failing to take a firm enough hand to combat it.

“Our justice system is already failing to protect New Yorkers and hold lawbreakers accountable, regardless of where they come from,” he said.

“But now word has gotten out that you can come to New York to commit crimes and attack police officers and be out the next day. That message needs to change in order to keep dangerous people off our city streets,” Hendry said.

But, WAIT! I thought somebody said that crime was down!? I guess it depends on one's definition of down and where one happens to live. Maybe if you live in Fresh Kills or Battery Park it's all roses and the plight of the plebes just doesn't really matter.

Cont'd next post ...

:
edit on 2024 9 3 by AwakeNotWoke because: typos.

edit on Tue Sep 3 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: edited by staff

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

CONT'D...

Want a dose of irony? Check this out:

A City Hall spokesman pointed to Mayor Eric Adams’ previous calls for the City Council to change the sanctuary city laws. Last week, Adams said, “Right now, we don’t have the authorization to be able to go and coordinate with ICE. We have to follow the law.”

The mayor’s office also said the city is working with the Midtown Improvement Coalition to better police the neighborhood.

The same moronic politicians who caused this problem (Sanctuary city gonna be wonderful! Diversity is our strength!) are now trying to shift the blame to "the law" (the law that they themselves put into place).

I could go on and on, but I think that the point is made. Here is some extra credit for you. There's the embedded video below where a NYC cop admits to letting a double-murderer walk because sanctuary city. If a US citizen resident of NYC killed two people, do you think he or she would be given that privilege? If not, how can you justify this?

Then there's this this ON-THE-STREET report from NYC about the current situation. (Yeah, that one is on Bitchute. You don´t like Bitchute? Shut up, nobody cares.)

To everyone who is justifying the occupation and making excuses for the illegals, I can say with "all due respect" that I hope that you or one of your loved ones is the next person to be assaulted or murdered by one of these thugs. It'd serve you right.

:

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The FBI crime statistics do not support these claims so it must not be true .

The Government would tell us if Illegals were a problem .

Puts head back in Sand .
edit on 3-9-2024 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Of course. There is nothing going on in Colorado. Nothing in California.

Nothing in Indiana.

14 Year old stabbed by illegal.

Note: he had been deported once already.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
The FBI crime statistics do not support these claims so it must not be true .

The Government would tell is if Illegals were a problem .

Puts head back in Sand .

Sand? More like...

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Nothing in Indiana.

There you go again with your White Christen Nationalist extreme right wing rhetoric.

Prepare to be extradited to the EU for trial.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

Nothing in Indiana.

There you go again with your White Christen Nationalist extreme right wing rhetoric.

Prepare to be extradited to the EU for trial.

I suspect that it won't be long that extradition won't even be necessary.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 03:04 PM
link   

— the vicious Venezuelan prison gang

Speaking of which....

Nearly eight million people — more than a quarter of the population — have fled Venezuela in recent years, driven out by economic misery and political repression.
Nowhere is that exodus more staggeringly acute than in Maracaibo, which has been hollowed out by the loss of about half a million of its 2.2 million inhabitants — many of them adults in their late teens to middle age. (The population figure is based on surveys, since the government has not conducted an official census in more than a decade.)

You have to wonder just how many have entered the US since nobody seems to care enough to count them

[archive.ph...-4769.0-4769.343]

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
You have to wonder just how many have entered the US since nobody seems to care enough to count them

One is too many if he or she is assaulting US citizens, murdering, stealing, robbing, dealing drugs, etc.

Just one is too damned many!

I have no problem with legal immigrants, those who go through the proper channels, follow the laws and add value to the society and the economy. I am a legal immigrant myself, having left the US for another country. I respect my country of residence. I respect and integrate into the culture. I abide by its laws. I speak the language. I do my best to add value to the place where I live. I have friends here and they appreciate my presence.

I don't murder. I don't assault. I don't rape. I don't steal. People like my being here.

:
edit on 2024 9 3 by AwakeNotWoke because: ETA.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'll add this:

I don't feel particularly sorry for NYC as an entity. Their retarded politicians have put the structure in place for this to happen, and their retarded voters have put those politicians in office. So, you get what you vote for.

It is a pity and a damned shame that what once was considered one of the grandest cities in the US is now a blight, but I have always believed that people get what they deserve.

At what point to people wake up and stop putting up with the abuse?

:

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AwakeNotWoke
I'll add this:

I don't feel particularly sorry for NYC as an entity. Their retarded politicians have put the structure in place for this to happen, and their retarded voters have put those politicians in office. So, you get what you vote for.

It is a pity and a damned shame that what once was considered one of the grandest cities in the US is not a blight, but I hvae always believed that people get what they deserve.

At what point to people wake up and stop putting up with the abuse?

Makes you wonder, they just arrested a Chinese spy working for Hochul. Just makes you wonder how much influence the Chinese have over the state of New York's policies. Like.....yes great idea to let a bunch of criminals and unknown people into your state. Put them in hotels, give them free food.

It weakens America and thats what China wants.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

LOL Yeah, that's me, Christian White Nationalist.

Flying scares me. They would not be able to get me past the TSA.

And while I know I'm considered a racist for pointing out these stories, I'm still waiting for all the people that claim this isn't happening, to go stay at these hotels, apartments and whatnot, to prove us all wrong.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Moon68

LOL Yeah, that's me, Christian White Nationalist.

Flying scares me. They would not be able to get me past the TSA.

And while I know I'm considered a racist for pointing out these stories, I'm still waiting for all the people that claim this isn't happening, to go stay at these hotels, apartments and whatnot, to prove us all wrong.

Stay at the hotels and apartments? Hell, no!

I'm waiting for them to open their homes to host these poor blighted souls. NYC is about to evict thousands from their shelters. Nearly every one will be looking for a place to stay. Most will have to live on the street, homeless in the coming New York winter.

How many of these bleedin' heart saints do you think will open their homes to let a few of these "refugees" live with them?

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 06:21 PM
link   

To be honest, I've ran out of sympathy for the big cities. They voted for the people who are responsible for these policies and now it's blowing up in their face.

If you voted for Biden/Harris, Eric Adams, Gavin Newsome, Brandon Johnson in Chicago or any other Progressive, you have only yourself to blame.

You were warned. You didn't listen.

*shrug*

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 06:29 PM
link   
but but but but but but but

the liberal msm says
the liberal msm says
the liberal msm says
the liberal msm says
the liberal msm says
🤣🤣🤣
Immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than U.S.-born Americans, studies find

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hehehehe but technically aren't they mostly criminals? Aside from the ones claiming "asylum" or "refugee" status, aren't most of them by default criminals because they've illegally crossed the border? If we don't catch them it doesn't count though right? Like I could just decide to be a hobo riding the rails killing people, but if I never get caught I'm not a criminal, right? We don't catch probably a fraction of the people illegally crossing, we don't even know the supposed identities of the ones that get away, so its not even really a crime to illegally cross the border is it.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than U.S.-born Americans, studies find

However, the spokesperson also noted, “Police officers are prohibited from asking about the immigration status of crime victims, witnesses, or suspects and therefore the NYPD doesn’t track data pertaining to immigration statuses.”

If the police are prohibited from asking about immigration status ... how do the technocrats do a studdy that shows immigrants are less likely to commit crimes?

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

That is what I said earlier. Liberals say, If it didn't get reported, it didn't happen.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3

originally posted by: xuenchen

If the police are prohibited from asking about immigration status ... how do the technocrats do a studdy that shows immigrants are less likely to commit crimes?

Amazing ain't it 😉

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join