It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My mask is gone…

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 07:39 PM
link   

As I painted this on my face,
my heart went to a fast pace,
Will this peel, or make me derail.

It’s not the first time with this silly mask,
At least I quit this freakin flask,

I used to hide with my friend Jack,
We drank so much I always would yak,

Jack and I always played tunes,
All alone in the ruins.

Forget the flask,
I went straight for the glass.

One day I got so sick of Jack,
He almost gave me a heart attack,

I looked in the mirror before I died,
Omg did I cry,

I wrecked my life,
Lost my wife,

Took off my mask and never looked back…
This disease will always live in me…

Today I am eight years sober…I made a choice to quit drinking, smoking and tossed out my adderall RX on the same day. It’s was the worst pain EVER to throw out your best friends and addictions but gained my life back. Anyone with a desire to stop can do it…one day at a time…♥️
edit on 27-8-2024 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Wow you must be strong to give up all 3 on the same day, I must ask though did you end up in the hospital or seeing a doctor? That's very dangerous stopping Adderall and alcohol at the same time but congrats nonetheless

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMisguidedAngel

Wow you must be strong to give up all 3 on the same day

theres a saying if you don't hang around slippery places, you won't slip and fall, or some say it if you don't want to fall, don't hang around slippery places. some people even have to cut all ties to those that they hung around or could be better called enablers.

if your addicted to something you have to turn it lose, and if your addicted to multiple substances or vices you should turn them lose to, because you may start to substitute one for the other more dominant one.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

One day at a time. Good man JJ, I"m glad for you.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Hey, Congrats!

I stole this off Etsy.

I just figured if the mask is gone
and you don't mind us looking ...
edit on 27-8-2024 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMisguidedAngel

To be very open, I was on adderall for 18 years. My body kept needing more and more to feel the same. I was on 20 mg 3 times per day IR instant release. That was not enough so I found another doctor to write me another RX.

Finally when I tossed it ALL out I shook for a month and had withdrawal that lasted 6 months.

I was so ready mentally to quit that I did not go to the hospital.

The nicotine withdrawal was so bad. My mind was craving nicotine and so was my body. After 10 days the nicotine left me and I was stuck with the physical addiction. I snapped my wrist every time I craved nicotine.

It was not easy but I made it!

Thank you!

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Yes, I also stoped meeting friends at a bar. I flushed them out of my life too.

I never drove drunk. The bar was walking distance from my house. 1/4 mile. Liquor store was close too. I am so done with drinking that nothing could ever make me pick up a drink!

Thank you for what you wrote!

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Thank you, one day at a time! The fight to stay sober is so worth everything!

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

I love it. Thank you. I was hiding for a very long time. You are free to look!

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 12:14 AM
link   

You are welcome.

It may be the thought that counts, but the amount of trepidation overcome counts for more.

I'm going to steal that for my new signature.
edit on 28-8-2024 by FullHeathen because: spelling

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Inspiring. And always good to hear people sobering up. 8 years is an accomplishment. Great job!

For me the substances took off the mask. And one day at a time it went back on strangely enough. Returned to my overanalytical awkward self.

When I was younger I used too many party drugs. Consistently and abusively. Increasingly cut with nasty sh*t. Towards the end it seemed like they were selling some meth cut crap only analogous to MDMA. Not to mention to deteriorating quality of the coke I abused habitually.

It got old. Sick of crap and feeling like crap.

When I said "no more" it was a 2019 New Years Resolution and i went out with a rave on New Years Eve. And ot was the worst night of my life. Followed by the worst month ever. Unceremonious ending to the excessive party days.

But I was a wreck with a theme song at times. It screwed with my brain chemicals. Endless scenes of making everyone pay attention to my emotional state.

Sorry to talk about myself again. I relate to losing your chemical "friends." Those party drugs killed my natural fear of crowds and social settings. For better or worse.

The substances kept me running. Wanting to go out and run some more. The other theme song.

Returned mostly to introversion since.
edit on 28-8-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Way to go, JJ! Congratulations for the anniversary and for many more to come.

You are a living epitome of willpower over dependence; all at once, eliminating the triple threat in your life is a testament to your fortitude and test of character... there's no going back!

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Congratulations you've found your path..,

Addiction is a bitch, I had my own 5-7 year late teens early 20s run and I was married to a functional alcoholic, and while I wasn't an angel by any stretch. I mostly stopped the daily intake and would partake on the weekends, she continued the daily downward spiral that was 23 years ago, but from what I understand she is just now doing better.

Be glad you are a survivor

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Congratulations on transmuting your pain and anguish into personal redemptions. Better living through chemistry ain’t always so. I like your story as you’ve given your accomplishment a breath of exclamation and staged some art to boot. Way to go JJ!

Bravo Sir!

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I totally can understand you. The chemical can change brain chemistry in odd ways. We were both changed!

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Thank you kindly. The thought of having a drink is always in me but my will to never drink again is stronger!

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

You know how hard it is. For you to see her that way is hard enough. You can never tell someone to quit. I am happy for you and it’s amazing she is doing better.

Addiction is a bitch!

Thank you!

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

Thank you kindly! It was fun removing the art from my face!

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 08:46 AM
link   

congrats on sobriety. I hope you stay strong, and can truly enjoy your life. Always know that no matter what things are like now, they will get better. They always do. Well done!

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Thank you kindly. My life has improved 199% I no longer worry about hiding my secrets. I now feel safe!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join