It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harris wants to change the rules for the debate, no, really.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   
n/m
edit on Mon Aug 26 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

originally posted by: CarlLaFong
a reply to: network dude

How much safer can we make Kamala's policy exposure bubble for her?

We can put her in the basement and do Zoom calls and pre scripted pod-casts.

But can all that "JOY" still be expressed from a basement?

I realized earlier what the JOY actually is that they are campaigning on! Jokes On You! Seems an apt description of the Harris campaign over all.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
a reply to: TzarChasm

If he's smart, he'll keep his points short and sweet and let her do most of the talking.

Key point here, ''if he's smart'''. That is exactly the tactic he should employ. As far as Harris goes, i would bet my bottom doller that she goes after his personal trigger points to get him to talk way more than he should.

Don’t forget that it goes both ways.
Trump will trigger her off her game easy enough.
Just ask Tulsi ☝️

I expect epic Harris word salads and an obscene amount of Trump eye rolls when she does.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

After a trillion dollars and 50 years of "work", The CIA should have some of those "trained to kill", by now. A much more humane way to get rid of bad people, than killing thousands to get to a few!

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Why have the debate hosted by Fox? I have a better idea...

Put them both in an open arena, dressed in full armor, leather shields, each with a sword and a spear.

Let 'em settle this thing the old fashioned way.

Put on PPV and let the winner take the proceeds for their campaign.

But seriously (well, I was kinda serious there), I'd pay money to watch harris try to debate Trump.

:
edit on 2024 8 26 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Is this actual debate or they swap back and forth answering preselected questions from the moderator when they aren't busy trading insults like one of those roast battles on YouTube?

I would love to see a real Lincoln/Douglas styled debate between these two about their stances on topics.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Make Kamala nervous so she laughs at something that's not funny, like she did 3 years ago, when told Americans were blown up in Afghanistan.

Video of Kamala's Reaction - Three Years Ago Today: x.com...

😡

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

So, will she be drug tested before the debate? We haven't heard much about that and if anyone in this Administration is puffin a fat one, it's her.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Apparently, so she can attempt to fact-check Trump on the spot or something along those lines mute button-wise.

Trump does not like being fact-checked for obvious reasons.

Nor does he appreciate women who like to change the rules, so.............
edit on 26-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong big enough
There isn't a cubby hole

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
a reply to: WeMustCare

So, will she be drug tested before the debate? We haven't heard much about that and if anyone in this Administration is puffin a fat one, it's her.

Alcohol too. That's one of things that attracted Kamala to Walz. The DUI he lied about, to get elected.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Jonathan Karl is such a Liberal boot licker in that video with Tom Cotton, you would think he is running for president the way he is defending those positions.
But Cotton completely owned that clown Liberal loser.

As far as the debates, my only question is who are they going to replace Harris with when she self immolates on the debate stage?

The Liberal supporters think it was shocking when it happened to Biden, just wait until it happens to Harris.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Trump just gave an answer to a reporter saying he was going to be ok with live mics, in fact he prefers it that way.

The Harris campaign then put out a snarky statement following that, saying Trump has made up his mind, but there is still a chance his handlers could overrule him. They're talking about his campaign managers, Chris LaCivita and Susie Wiles.

I don't care one way or the other at this point, they are both adults and can do this either way. A president of the US should adjust to any situation. I just don't want to see Trump back out, for any reason, as he's been saying for two days now. Last night, before bed, I already caught articles saying he canceled the debate, and I was disappointed already. Just don't give him any reason to, I want to see this debate.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 03:00 PM
link   
As RFK jr said and I paraphrase

My Father(Robert Kennedy) and Uncle (John F Kennedy) loved to debate and they would be appalled that a Democrat couldn't defend thier points of view and policies in a vigorous debate

The Democrats assert Trump is Putin's lap dog if she can't out-debate Trump how can the world expect her to handle Putin, Xi, Kim, Bibi, etc in negotiations or worse a confrontation?

Life as the leader of the free world doesn't afford you the control to have every situation meticulously tailored to your best individual skill set.

IMPROVISE, ADAPT, and OVERCOME are leadership buzzwords for a reason, it's always been applicable in the real world outside the DC beltline, the same DC beltline Harris is snuggly tucked into.

We need to cut through the middleman err woman BS and ask Obama politely if he would just set the rules once and for all and we can go on from there.

edit on p000000318pm086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

it's funny seeing the idea that Trump has handlers and he would listen to them, after seeing 4 years of Jeff Dunham's Walter as the CIC. Almost seems like projection, but I'm sure it's just me.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Here's what Trump just said about the debate rules on camera when asked by a reporter, perhaps we will see Harris take questions from reporters on the same issue or hell other issues, any issues

x.com...

Trump just now on the muted mics during the debate:

“We agreed to the same rules. I don't know. It doesn't matter to me. I'd rather have it probably on, but the agreement was that it would be the same as it was last time. In that case, it was muted. I didn't like it the last time, but it worked out fine. I mean, ask Biden how it worked out. It was fine, and I think it should be the same. We agreed to the same rules, same rules, and same specifications, and I think that's probably what it should be, but they're trying to change it. The truth is they're trying to get out of it because she doesn't want to debate. She's not a good debater. She's not a smart person. She doesn't want to debate.”

edit on p000000318pm086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Mahogani

it's funny seeing the idea that Trump has handlers and he would listen to them, after seeing 4 years of Jeff Dunham's Walter as the CIC. Almost seems like projection, but I'm sure it's just me.

We'll see.

If his handlers DON'T overrule him then he'll stick with being ok with live mics. They won't persuade him to change his mind.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

For sure. We will see how she can maintain her composure. I have to wonder though, do we have more examples of Trump losing his or her hers. Who will come off as the one who cracked.

Certainly she will be getting training on his trigger points and how to punch them without being openly denigrating while maintaining firmness. He, as pointed out by Tzarchasm needs to talk as little as possible due to his known tendency towards hyperbolic cacophony.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The agreement was for muted microphones.

To try to change that now is disingenuous.

Doesn't matter if one or both want it to not be muted.

They'll just squabble and squabble.

The agreement was already made. Leave it alone.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join