It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harris wants to change the rules for the debate, no, really.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:37 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

The Donald Trump and Kamala Harris campaigns traded barbs Monday over debate rules Monday, with the former accusing the latter of playing "games" as Harris' team seeks to make microphones live throughout the event.

After Trump suggested in a Truth Social post that he might skip the ABC debate on Sept. 10 in Philadelphia, spokesman Jason Miller said the Harris campaign was trying to change the set-up of the debate that had already been laid out.

"Enough with the games," Trump spokesperson Jason Miller told Fox News Digital in a statement. "We accepted the ABC debate under the exact same terms as the CNN debate."

not sure if folks remember what they said a few weeks ago, but here this is.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now as a refresher, way back then, Biden had just dropped out, and Trump was going to debate the anointed candidate Kamala Harris rather than Joe Biden. Although the deal was made with Biden, not Harris, there was much screeching from the left about this being a sign that Trump was afraid. Scared to debate her. Well, things have taken a little turn. It now looks like she has realized she is well out of her depth and is trying to change the rules of the debate already agreed to (as argued by the left vehemently). So at this point, can we just have the debate at FOX? Or do we need another safe space for Harris? I only reference the "safe space" aspect in light of the Tom Cotton interview done on ABC this weekend, where the host argued about the policies that are no longer Harris' policies, although she has not said anything at all about said policies. So essentially, the host was arguing for her as if he was part of her campaign. Not what a legitimate news organization should be doing, unless they are in the tank for the left, and not afraid to admit that. (which makes the debate that much more of a hostile environment for one side)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Trump should hold a press briefing and show how Kamala is trying to change the debate rules. Since all the media wants this debate badly, they will pay attention.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Harris campaign senior advisor, Brian Fallon, said that ABC and other networks should encourage both Trump and Harris to keep their mics on throughout the entirety of the debate.

"We have told ABC and other networks seeking to host a possible October debate that we believe both candidates’ mics should be live throughout the full broadcast," Fallon said. "Our understanding is that Trump’s handlers prefer the muted microphone because they don’t think their candidate can act presidential for 90 minutes on his own. We suspect Trump’s team has not even told their boss about this dispute because it would be too embarrassing to admit they don’t think he can handle himself against Vice President Harris without the benefit of a mute button.The Vice President is ready to deal with Trump’s constant lies and interruptions in real time. Trump should stop hiding behind the mute button."

The mute button is there to keep either candidate from constantly interjecting when someone is given a window to respond, because apparently grown adults competing for presidency don't know how to be patient and wait their turn.

Is this actual debate or they swap back and forth answering preselected questions from the moderator when they aren't busy trading insults like one of those roast battles on YouTube?

edit on 26-8-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   

How much safer can we make Kamala's policy exposure bubble for her?

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

this should be filed under things you can't make up.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

Obviously to not debate, but to allow her staffers to report her policies to the press, and then when they are wildly nutty and everyone notices, they can correct the record, and find out what policies she should say she likes, like no tax on tips. If you want to force her to speak to the press, you are raycist.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   

We can put her in the basement and do Zoom calls and pre scripted pod-casts.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

We can put her in the basement and do Zoom calls and pre scripted pod-casts.

But can all that "JOY" still be expressed from a basement?

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   
She should make a Venn Diagram to present her proposal.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Looks like this might have been trolling by her camp.

Either get him to argue to keep the mics muted, or take the bait and agree for them not to be.

If they argue against it, almost looks like Trump needs the mics muted. If they take away muted mics, he might not look as calculated as last time.

In either event, this story will probably wash out by days end.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

it will have to run it's course without the help of ATS lefties. They kind of stepped in it already, and don't have enough time to clean off their shoes.

It's sofaking hypocritical and ironic, something I enjoy pointing out. Trump has said, he doesn't really care, but since they made such a fuss about the rules, they shouldn't change them. Sounds about like Trump. I liked the mute mic's for both candidates, so they couldn't just do like I do, and prove the he who is loudest, is rightest.

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Bingo! Kamala wants the "mute" removed so Donald Trump will be rude and talk over her when she's trying to talk.

She's a "Black Indian lady", after all. Huge victim potential!

edit on 2682024 by WeMustCare because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Looks like this might have been trolling by her camp.

Either get him to argue to keep the mics muted, or take the bait and agree for them not to be.

If they argue against it, almost looks like Trump needs the mics muted. If they take away muted mics, he might not look as calculated as last time.

In either event, this story will probably wash out by days end.

If he's smart, he'll keep his points short and sweet and let her do most of the talking. She'll do more damage opening her mouth for five minutes than he could do in an hour. Just keep passing her the mic and try not to laugh in her face because it's impolite to make fun of the mentally handicapped unless you are Shane Gillis. Who incidentally does a killer Trump impression.

edit on 26-8-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Kamala didn't come away from the debate with Mike Pence damaged...or did she?

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

A fly landed on Mike Pence, or did something else happen during that time? I think that was it.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I’m guessing they’ll both do poorly compared to real debates of the past.

My prediction is Trump will focus on her too much, and she won’t really make a case for any of her unknown policy stances.

Then they’ll both complain about all sorts of variables besides them both possessing agency to be an adult.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: WeMustCare

A fly landed on Mike Pence, or did something else happen during that time? I think that was it.

I thought the fly was walking into a Kennedy's mouth when he was giving the Democrat response to Trump's state of the union..the one where Nancy failed to poison the President, then tore up the speech on live TV.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   

This whole debate issue is a crock as far as I'm concerned. It is said that Harris is squirming and it is said that Trump is squirming etc etc etc. But here is what has crawled under my skin and we can blame it on whoever we choose.

Although the deal was made

What is this crap about a ''deal''. Since when has this debate question been a question of ho wins the bargaining process. It should not BE a bargaining process or making a ''deal'' between the to contenders. It should be the voters right to hear the two discuss and debate the issues, not some reality show of comeuppance.

Yeah yeah, I know, the entire process is tainted. The moderators don't moderate, they pick and choose the questions to ask depending on their own affiliation and they control the flow of the debate blah blah blah.

The Democrats should quit playing this game and just go with what has been established. So should Trump. But let us not forget that it was Trump himself that time after time in the primary season said, nah, I'm not going to debate those others because the free flow of ideas that could arise during those primary debates is meaningless.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   

If he's smart, he'll keep his points short and sweet and let her do most of the talking.

Key point here, ''if he's smart'''. That is exactly the tactic he should employ. As far as Harris goes, i would bet my bottom doller that she goes after his personal trigger points to get him to talk way more than he should.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Former/Next President Trump says Kamala is running scared: gettr.com...

He then began autographing Vietnamese money for patrons: gettr.com...

Earlier, Trump attended at ceremony honoring Americans Biden-Harris let die in Afghanistan, 3 years ago: www.breitbart.com...

Donald J. Trump: What energy! What empathy! What a great President!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join