It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the smallest minority

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 09:44 PM
link   
As the times we live in drive me further and further right, I came across this wisdom from Rush Limbaugh several years back that answers the question in the title of this thread:

We have a lot of people who love to talk about minorities, do we not? The minority is put upon, needs special consideration, special rights... The minorities are not granted equal treatment, and minorities need special considerations, it’s not fair that they’re a minority. What is the smallest minority on earth? This is not a trick question. What is the smallest minority on earth? Mr. Snerdley, I will start with you. Nope. The smallest minority on earth is not wealthy people. Dawn, do you want to take a stab at what is the smallest minority on earth? You’ll never get it, but when I tell you what it is, you will think it’s brilliant. Strawberry blondes are not the smallest minority on earth. Brian, you want to take a stab at it? Don’t tell me owners of Spanish speaking radio stations. What is the smallest minority? You’re never going to get it. The white male is not the smallest minority on earth. People would never get this ’cause we’re not conditioned to think this way.

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. We are all different. We are all individuals. We are being told to sacrifice our individuality. We’re being told we must assemble in other groups of victims. Well, not all of us because some of us are the victimizers. The smallest minority on earth is the individual and thus those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities… But the smallest minority on earth is you, as an individual. You have individual rights, as granted by God, who created you, and our founding documents enshrine them: Life, liberty, pursuit of happiness. [....]

From this link:

www.americanthinker.com...

I have to admit, there is no doubt in my mind that individual rights are being trampled on for the fake and ridiculous identity political scheme. If you are not thinking this by this point and time when viewing what the "west" has to offer, then you are blind to reality.
edit on Sun Aug 25 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: snipped large quote

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 11:40 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kallipygywiggy
a reply to: berbofthegreen

[snipped]

Instead of lamenting that fact, maybe we should think about why it happened.

It's called backlash, or perhaps blowback.

Maybe a review of the following will shed some light on the phenomenon. (And mind that this was recorded almost 50 years ago!)

Maybe people are as mad as hell and are not going to take it anymore and this is a place where it starts. Just maybe.

Or maybe it's where freedom comes to die with a whimper.

:
edit on 2024 8 26 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

edit on Mon Aug 26 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Sheesh, the feelz are important if they're ours arent they....

What individual rights specifically are being trampled?

That should be easy, right?

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Some of the blind are just utterly lost and will never wake up.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 04:12 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Forcing everyone to conform to some ridiculous ideal of what is supposed to be 'the norm' is a tyranny that takes away from the the true liberty of accepted individuality.

Right-wing 'conservatives' are anti-liberty.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Opossum19
Some of the blind are just utterly lost and will never wake up.

They are desperate to not be 'woke'.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Absolutely!

I remember listening to Rush live, when he spoke those words.

He was always ahead of the times, seeing what the left was instigating, way before the main stream.

I miss Rush, he was a great man who spoke The Truth.

I appreciate you sharing.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Forcing everyone to conform to some ridiculous ideal of what is supposed to be 'the norm' is a tyranny that takes away from the the true liberty of accepted individuality.

You are of course aware of the utter hypocrisy of your post, right?

The right is FOR liberty of the individual and for individuals taking care of themselves and the consequences of their action.
The left is for nanny states with dependant underlings who can't even open a jar of pickles without asking their overlords.
Communism, it's in the name. It's not called individualism.

It's the usual case of the far left ideology that everyone has to be acceptant of leftist ideas, but you lot can still hate/ ban/ cancel/ slander anyone who just as deeply has differing opinions?

Yeah, you didn't think this through properly..

edit on 26-8-2024 by Hecate666 because: Stuff added

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 05:52 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 06:16 AM
link   

If you are not thinking this by this point and time when viewing what the "west" has to offer, then you are blind to reality.

What alternative are you suggesting we pursue which is not the "west"?

Rush Limbaugh was a part of the "west".

==========
Reality:

In a small town was a church building that had a name over the door: Church of the Alienable Rights, one of those things that deserved a double take.

So the war causing rhetoric of 1776 mentions "self evident" and "Inalienable rights, Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness"

This is not self evident. If life were inalienable than nothing and no-one could die. No one could ever fall into a position from which they could not extricate themselves.

War rhetoric doesn't seem like a very sound basis upon which to order ones view of reality. I am quite certain that those revolutionary rhetoricians have all died. Hence it is self evident that right to life is not self evident.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Looks like when you saw "Rush Limbaugh" in the OP, you ticked into a wild frenzy of horrible prejudice and mental breakdown. 🤣🤣

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Trampled ? How about obliterated

Starting with the First ....

Freedom of the press is a Constitutional guarantee contained in the First Amendment

The nation’s founders believed a free press to be one of the basic freedoms necessary for a new, democratic society. They acknowledged that belief in state charters and constitutions, and ultimately in a set of amendments, the Bill of Rights, to the U.S. Constitution that guaranteed certain rights of citizens and states.

Freedom of the press remains a precious and vital liberty, ensuring that people can criticize public officials, expose government corruption, and distribute material on virtually any subject imaginable, free from most prior restraints and other forms of censorship. It is notable that though 18th century newspapers were often highly biased and often irresponsible in their claims, the nation’s leaders saw protection of the press as a valuable check on potential corruption and official misdeeds.

Flashback 2020

www.breitbart.com...

"“We went through a very open process, a very inclusive process. It was bottom-up, I don’t know if you know that. That’s what I’ve been told to say,” Newsom laughed on the Pod Save America podcast:

edit on 26-8-2024 by MetalThunder because: Carpe Diem

edit on 26-8-2024 by MetalThunder because: whats up with linking ?

edit on 26-8-2024 by MetalThunder because: ATS really buggy today

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 07:06 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 07:57 AM
link   

It wasn’t that long ago the “fringe people” could be arrested for just being who they are.

They’ve always been, but lived in the shadows because they had to. Forced there by polite society.

Their “Free to Be” is hard earned.

Let them keep on fighting for their equality.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

It wasn’t that long ago the “fringe people” could be arrested for just being who they are.

They’ve always been, but lived in the shadows because they had to. Forced there by polite society.

So I think then what you are looking forward to is what most people call "revenge". To be honest with you, the left is jailing people for their political views all over the "west". Since two wrongs do not make a right, the third wrong will.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: berbofthegreen

originally posted by: Annee

So I think then what you are looking forward to is what most people call "revenge". To be honest with you, the left is jailing people for their political views all over the "west". Since two wrongs do not make a right, the third wrong will.

NO

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Why don't you back it with facts for once? Show us something that loses true liberty for you in NZ that I have now here?

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join