It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$30,000 To New Homebuyers in Oregon — As Long As They Are NOT US Citizens

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: CarlLaFong

As I live in Oregonistan, my new name is El Guapo Grande

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I looked around their website and cannot find where to apply for the $30,000 with Hacienda CDC. I want my noncitizen wife and my noncitizen friend to put in applications. Then sue when they are denied for being Asian.
edit on 2024 8 22 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

Because your kids aren't (D)ifferent.....

Funny thing is...my son-in-law is (D)ifferent, Latino...and his family LEGALLY immigrated to the US.

See, that's where you fluffed up.....

edit on 22-8-2024 by wAnchorofCarp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Between 13,000 in SNAP benefits 6,000 in cash and now this?

I could see people already established here in the US going back across the border and coming back in undocumented.

I'd move to Rural Oregon for 30,000 in a heartbeat

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If Harris wins can conservatives denounce their US citizenship, fly to Mexico then walk across the southern border and get some of these perks and rewards for breaking the law?
Asking for a poor friend that's struggling to make ends meet.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Could it be a "legal" way to get illegals the right to vote, ie. if you own a house are you automatically a US citizen?

No. You must physically reside for 5 years (3 if you are married to a citizen) and must demonstrate firm grasp of language and civics, including basic US history. I assume they will waive that portion because progressive values.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   
FWIW Oregon's 5th district was flipped to Republican in 2022, they may be politically terraforming because they are worried about losing the 4th district.

www.politico.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
If Harris wins can conservatives denounce their US citizenship, fly to Mexico then walk across the southern border and get some of these perks and rewards for breaking the law?

Only if you aren't white. It's possible you can self identify as an apache attack helicopter (made of parts largely manufactured in Mexico and Taiwan) and qualify that way.

edit on 22-8-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 05:41 PM
link   

This, from a leftist taxpayer-funded organization...is wrong on so many levels.
THIS is blatant discrimination against American citizens...and should be illegal.

Hacienda Community Development Corp. is participating in a taxpayer-funded down payment assistance program that gives money to non-citizens to buy homes in Oregon while excluding American citizens from eligibility, according to records provided to the Daily Caller.

Hacienda CDC is partially funded through the Economic Equity Investment Program (EEIP), an equity-based beneficiary project established through the Economic Equity Investment Act (SB 1579), which the Oregon legislature passed in 2022. The organization receives millions in Oregon state taxpayer money and federal taxes through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), according to its recent annual report.

dailycaller.com...

My young daughter and son-in-law ARE US citizens...they work hard, are currently living in Oregon, and are struggling to be able to own their own home.

AND yet,...their own tax dollars are going directly to illegal aliens in order to give these illegals a $30k down payment for a new home; a down payment my children are not allowed to receive BECAUSE they are LEGAL US citizens.

How is this fair or legal?
How is this not discriminatory?

I’m a noncitizen, send me a link to sign up and I’ll help out your kids 👍

Oh I see you must reside insitu for several years, that’s just raycist.
edit on 22-8-2024 by Dalamax because: Eta

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

They're 1-upping California.

CA is only giving 25k to illegals for buying houses.

But in California, Non-Citizens get ZERO Percent (0%) interest charged to their home loan. Some have NO mortgage payments due.

www.sfexaminer.com... cae238152b.html

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax

This, from a leftist taxpayer-funded organization...is wrong on so many levels.
THIS is blatant discrimination against American citizens...and should be illegal.

Hacienda Community Development Corp. is participating in a taxpayer-funded down payment assistance program that gives money to non-citizens to buy homes in Oregon while excluding American citizens from eligibility, according to records provided to the Daily Caller.

Hacienda CDC is partially funded through the Economic Equity Investment Program (EEIP), an equity-based beneficiary project established through the Economic Equity Investment Act (SB 1579), which the Oregon legislature passed in 2022. The organization receives millions in Oregon state taxpayer money and federal taxes through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), according to its recent annual report.

dailycaller.com...

My young daughter and son-in-law ARE US citizens...they work hard, are currently living in Oregon, and are struggling to be able to own their own home.

AND yet,...their own tax dollars are going directly to illegal aliens in order to give these illegals a $30k down payment for a new home; a down payment my children are not allowed to receive BECAUSE they are LEGAL US citizens.

How is this fair or legal?
How is this not discriminatory?

I’m a noncitizen, send me a link to sign up and I’ll help out your kids 👍

Oh I see you must reside insitu for several years, that’s just raycist.

In some states its best to legally erase your citizenship and your sex.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 05:59 PM
link   

a reply to: chiefsmom

We have given them tens of thousands of dollars.
They both have jobs (he is in construction and she is part time waitressing) and are still struggling to afford an actual house of their own in Bend.

Right now, they are raising two young boys in a trailer.

Trailer isn't bad! I assume you mean mobile home not like a travel trailer. What I did is I bought an old 2000 year mobile home for 12k it was in decent shape but motivated seller and put it on the land I already had, then we lived in it while building our house and now I rent that trailer out to a lady who is perfect I mean quiet pays on time and the mobile home is a good distance away from my house so it isn't like we are next door neighbors or anything.

Are they buying the trailer or just renting it? Trailers can be a good investment sometimes even though people have preconceived notions about them and their depreciation.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

originally posted by: watchitburn

They're 1-upping California.

CA is only giving 25k to illegals for buying houses.

But in California, Non-Citizens get ZERO Percent (0%) interest charged to their home loan. Some have NO mortgage payments due.

www.sfexaminer.com... cae238152b.html

Big old 404 on the link. No surprise there!

Update: nvm. I just did a search and found it. grrrrr here is what it says:

“The social and economic benefits of homeownership should be available to everyone. As such, the California Dream for All Program should be available to all,” wrote bill author Assemblymember Joaquin Arambula, D-Fresno.SO - it should be available to everyone?? and it also says:

“When undocumented individuals are excluded from such programs, they miss out on a crucial method of securing financial security and personal stability for themselves and their families.” Wait, what?! This makes me so aggravated and I don't even live in Cali~ I think they need to revise it to show the truth...that white families can't even afford a home so they are the ones left out the most. And this doesn't just apply to California, it applies to almost all the other states as well.

This is just totally bs

edit on 22-8-2024 by TruthJava because: added text and a rant or two

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna

a reply to: chiefsmom

We have given them tens of thousands of dollars.
They both have jobs (he is in construction and she is part time waitressing) and are still struggling to afford an actual house of their own in Bend.

Right now, they are raising two young boys in a trailer.

Trailer isn't bad! I assume you mean mobile home not like a travel trailer. What I did is I bought an old 2000 year mobile home for 12k it was in decent shape but motivated seller and put it on the land I already had, then we lived in it while building our house and now I rent that trailer out to a lady who is perfect I mean quiet pays on time and the mobile home is a good distance away from my house so it isn't like we are next door neighbors or anything.

Are they buying the trailer or just renting it? Trailers can be a good investment sometimes even though people have preconceived notions about them and their depreciation.

I used to have an ex who did the same thing, if it's done right and isn't in Tornado Alley it's a good workaround for a lot of people.

If I can ever afford land again, I'll do the same thing. Well, either that or do the storage container house thing so my family would have a place to stay.

All I'll need 7-10 acres at most

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Only if you aren't white. It's possible you can self identify as an apache attack helicopter (made of parts largely manufactured in Mexico and Taiwan) and qualify that way.

I'm as pasty white as a bloodless ghost but I identify as a mminority with 000.000.,000.00% POC blood; does that count?
Would I have to become as liberal as Warren for that to work?
Conversely, maybe I could identify as a helcopter; 'helicopter mom' should qualify, shouldn't it?

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Fellow Oregonian here.

My new name is Roberto Risita Picante.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I can only find the Daily Caller article. And one other referencing The Daily Caller. And that is based on an X-Users post.

I looked on the specific page and could not find that post on their website or FB or Twitter. I found The one in the article seperately. I found The Casa20 Lending program. Under "community lending"

WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE?

The program is open to select Hacienda clients in the Portland area. It is designed to serve moderate-income, first-time homebuyers. Moderate income means households at 80%-120% of the area median income, or $85,000-$127,000 per year for a Portland family of four.

That doesn't seem right.

Okay, found The way home program..

www.haciendacdc.org...

Preparing prospective homebuyers for homeownership

Clients work closely with financial coaches and HUD-certified housing counselors throughout the entirety of the home-buying process. In addition to mortgage readiness and financial fitness workshops, we provide various opportunities for down-payment assistance.

And this.

This program is made possible by a one-time funding allocation from the Oregon Legislature and contributions from our network of trusted lenders and other partners — banks, credit unions, and real estate agencies.

I guess the one time allocation was in 2022.

So along with Oregon's one time allocation, they survive on donations too. And they work with banks.

From what I've gathered they may exploit an IRS loophole to award funding for non-citizens with Tax ID numbers. But that's ALSO all the following lenders or charitable donations enabling that too.

Advantis Credit Union
Bank of America
Consolidated Community Credit Union
First Tech Federal Credit Union
JP Morgan Chase & Co
Key Bank
OnPoint Community Credit Union
Point West Credit Union
Rivermark Community Credit Union
The Collins Foundation
The State of Oregon
Umpqua Bank
Unitus Community Credit Union
US Bank
Washington Trust Bank
Wells Fargo

So don't hold your money at Bank of America, Wells Fargo, or US Bank, because your fees go to giving non-citizens houses.

I thought this reddit comment nailed it.

This is transparent ragebait.

Hacienda CDC is a Latino-focused nonprofit and offers a wide variety of housing assistance programs, this is just a new one of a variety they offer - in addition to a variety of affordable housing developments and business development operations. Also, while Hacienda CDC does receive tax dollars, they also partner with banks and donors to help administer and fund their services.

I’m all for calling out shady nonprofits for weird identity politicking, but Hacienda CDC is among the few that have a clearly defined mission that they actually deliver on and help strengthen the communities they serve.

Maybe people without SSN yet default on loans less?

That's a lot of financial institutions lining up to work with these people.
edit on 22-8-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Another idiotic attempt to appear humane. Hacienda and their ignorance just raised the cost of homes in Oregon by $30,000.00 or more. And even crazier, people will celebrate this. Way to go Oregon 🥴

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Not if you're white. The system doesn't work that way for the ones they say are privileged. Sure wish I could see some of that privilege. Ironically you have to be black to notice it.

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I would be fuming . It's is rubbed in our faces on purpose IMO , to get reactions, to gauge our reactions, and to flaunt that they are totally in control and there's not a damn anyone's going to do about it or anything that can be done.
I'm pretty jaded by now.

Also their goal , btw, to demoralize.
It works.

edit on 23-8-2024 by ScarletDarkness because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join