It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$30,000 To New Homebuyers in Oregon — As Long As They Are NOT US Citizens

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This, from a leftist taxpayer-funded organization...is wrong on so many levels.
THIS is blatant discrimination against American citizens...and should be illegal.

Hacienda Community Development Corp. is participating in a taxpayer-funded down payment assistance program that gives money to non-citizens to buy homes in Oregon while excluding American citizens from eligibility, according to records provided to the Daily Caller.

Hacienda CDC is partially funded through the Economic Equity Investment Program (EEIP), an equity-based beneficiary project established through the Economic Equity Investment Act (SB 1579), which the Oregon legislature passed in 2022. The organization receives millions in Oregon state taxpayer money and federal taxes through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), according to its recent annual report.

dailycaller.com...

My young daughter and son-in-law ARE US citizens...they work hard, are currently living in Oregon, and are struggling to be able to own their own home.

AND yet,...their own tax dollars are going directly to illegal aliens in order to give these illegals a $30k down payment for a new home; a down payment my children are not allowed to receive BECAUSE they are LEGAL US citizens.

How is this fair or legal?
How is this not discriminatory?

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

Because your kids aren't (D)ifferent.....

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Can you help your kids get a lawyer?

Cause that is what I would do.

Utter and Absolute BS.
If you are here illegally, why can you buy a home?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

Funny thing is...my son-in-law is (D)ifferent, Latino...and his family LEGALLY immigrated to the US.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   
this sounds like something a up and coming lawyer would love to litigate for the exposure and not the $. It also needs to be widely exposed. These are the policies of the left, the same policies that are on the ballot this November. I'd be calling someone over this idiocy.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

Funny thing is...my son-in-law is (D)ifferent, Latino...and his family LEGALLY immigrated to the US.

that just makes the kick in the nuts a bit more prophetic. Lawsuit.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The really sad thing about this is that it's not even surprising. It's par for the course.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

We have given them tens of thousands of dollars.
They both have jobs (he is in construction and she is part time waitressing) and are still struggling to afford an actual house of their own in Bend.

Right now, they are raising two young boys in a trailer.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   

while this concept in the OP is wrong, as it excludes one group while promoting another, don't ever mistake being poor when young as a bad thing. You need perspective in life to understand what "the struggle" really is. Living paycheck to paycheck, making ends meet just barely. Those are the character builders that help shape the rest of their lives. It can work as a driving force to work harder for success. Not trying to tell you how to parent, just offering perspective from a guy who started out married with one kid in a trailer. I woudln't change the education I got for any ammount of money.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This is probably yet another Democrat effort to overload the legal system. This program is most likely illegal. But they do it anyway. ☠️

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Sounds like Hacienda CDC, being "partly" funded by tax money, might be another money funnel that donates to Democrat Campaigns. 😊

😉

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Our government is not allowed to discriminate, and this is discrimination. I think half a million Americans should start a lawsuit to force them to stop this action. The government has for a long time to get people to immigrate here,,,,given people who got residency an incentive to help them get started, but then they could not get anything from any assistance programs for a specific number of years...no food stamps, no welfare, no healthcare. I talked to some muslim people who got money to buy a motel, fifty grand was what they received, and they bought little dumpy strip motels in Kentucky and an other state with that money....the guy I talked to was the owner, he and his wife lived in the motel and rented rooms and took care of all the cleaning and maintenance. He had another relative who did that in another state. At that time, back in the nineties, it paid for his whole dumpy motel. My uncle and I stayed there when I picked him up from Arizona. The next morning when I checked out I asked him about the other people coming and going, he was open about it, he said he gives discounts for working girls and without them and their tricks he would not have enough income to make it. The room we stayed in was pretty decent and clean including the john, but evidently some rooms were full of Johns

Back then a person could go to the doctors or to a clinic for thirty five bucks, it is not like that anymore. This program is different, I see no evidence of a requirement to support yourself. If I were to move to Canada I would need to have enough money to support myself to become a citizen. I can see the government helping people buy a business to support themselves with no other financial assistance for say ten years, but this is not the case with illegals in this plan evidently.

There are lots of people who are citizens and work that cannot afford to buy a home, heck, they can barely afford to rent a home. I suppose the government will waive property taxes for these immigrants too, and stick piles of them in an area to form segregation which is part of racism.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Oh...I totally agree.
We help when asked and as needed in emergencies (especially for the kids)..as does his family.

Nevertheless...they both have a great work ethic and I have no doubt they will eventually get to where they hope to be.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 12:14 PM
link   

that kind of education is one money cannot buy, and the lessons learned are carved in stone. I don't want to see my kids struggle, but struggle is what makes you stronger. Tell them a fat guy they never met, is proud of them, and to keep working for the future, it will get better and it will get easier, but not tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   

They're 1-upping California.

CA is only giving 25k to illegals for buying houses.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Could it be a "legal" way to get illegals the right to vote, ie. if you own a house are you automatically a US citizen?

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 12:22 PM
link   

As I live in Oregonistan, my new name is El Guapo Grande

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Could it be a "legal" way to get illegals the right to vote, ie. if you own a house are you automatically a US citizen?

It's OBVIOUS that's the game.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The Republic is dead.

LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC!

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I wonder why there are so many undocumented immigrants in the U.S.

Biden on the border:

Surge the border!

Don't detain people just because they crossed illegally.

I'll stop the border crossings when they exceed 2500 per day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join