It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Retirement and Walz

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: network dude

I came across his paperwork last week.

Released from where by whom? Have a link?

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Was trying to remember who could get a copy of your DD-214. I was think it was the service member or their spouse?

Who's Entitled to a Copy of a Veteran's DD214?

The Privacy Act of 1974 limits access to a veteran's DD214 to only the service member (either past or present) or the member's legal guardian; only these persons will have access to almost any information contained in that member's own record

dd214.us...#:~:text=Who's%20Entitled%20to%20a%20Copy,in%20that%20member's%20own%20record.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazy88

Depending on the individuals training and the needs of the military. It's sometimes in the military's best interest for someone to retire early. I don't know any of the details behind Walz's retirement or what he did and how much the military needed to keep or get rid of him. Replacing someone with 24 years of service with someone with less service would have saved money.

I'm not impressed by Walz or Vance's military service but that won't influence my vote any because I had decided long ago to write in Glen Quagmire.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

It's there in black and white on the form. CSM.

Also here's an article from the national guard website from Oct. 5, 2007. The article mentions that he retired in 2005 as a command sergeant major.

Guard unit recognized for record deployment

Congressman Walz has a personal history with the Red Bulls, having retired in 2005 as command sergeant major for the 1-125th Battalion of the 1st Brigade Combat Team: "I served alongside these Soldiers for many years and I could not be more proud of them. They endured their extended deployment with patience and determination and their distinguished service record in Iraq speaks for itself. Today, every Minnesotan should be proud to call the Red Bulls our neighbors and friends."

I wish that I could find a photo from that time that showed his rank on his uniform.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I was reading that you can FOIA request the documents but PII is blacked out.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   

He knew that he would lose his E9 because he signed the papers comitting to 2 years at the CSM school or 2 years in command whichever comes first. Just because the army didn't catch it at first doesn't mean he didn't know.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 04:44 PM
link   

It's there in black and white on the form. CSM.

Also here's an article from the national guard website from Oct. 5, 2007. The article mentions that he retired in 2005 as a command sergeant major.

Guard unit recognized for record deployment

Congressman Walz has a personal history with the Red Bulls, having retired in 2005 as command sergeant major for the 1-125th Battalion of the 1st Brigade Combat Team: "I served alongside these Soldiers for many years and I could not be more proud of them. They endured their extended deployment with patience and determination and their distinguished service record in Iraq speaks for itself. Today, every Minnesotan should be proud to call the Red Bulls our neighbors and friends."

I wish that I could find a photo from that time that showed his rank on his uniform.

you really don't get it do you ?

Okay I really do not wanna take the time to explain this to you but here goes.

E9 consist of Two ranks . Sergeant Major and Command Sergeant Major . Sergeant Major is a Temporary Rank given to someone Promoted to E9 , But they can only achieve the Rank of COMMAND SERGEANT MAJOR once they complete the course .

Now Waltz for what ever reason never Attended the course which means he was never a CSM . Now what is interesting is on the Paper work that YOU PROVIDED . It says his rank was amended to MSG aka Master Sergeant . Which means they bumped him down to E8 but didn't award him 1st Sergeant but instead put him as a Master Sergeant .

Which means the Army had a real Axe to grind with Waltz .

Now as for the photo you are referring to the Rank he was wearing is Sergeant Major not Command Sergeant Major the ranks look similar but are not the same .

Don't post things that you don't understand mate .

As for the articles you posted, You can post all the articles you want claiming he was this or that but none of them know what they are talking about . They are just parroting what he told them personally .

They Took him at his word and for what ever strange reason he Lied . What happened to Waltz happened because of the way he conducted himself at the end of his career . The Army will F*ck you right out the door make no mistake .

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Once you're coming up on 20 years, you can submit a retirement package.

I believe it's within 12 months. That may vary between the services.

But once you're over 20 it becomes very easy. He went around his chain of to get his retirement approved.

It's more difficult, but not uncommon. And the difficult part is just a matter of paperwork.

I once had a Marine try to re-enlist by going around his chain of command. I caught him and shut it down. But it depends on the people in charge around them.

From all available sources, Walz was a POS, and they just wanted him gone.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Thank you for taking out the time to explain it. I'm still curious if the military has weighed in on this issue. And if not why haven't they.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Thank you for taking out the time to explain it. I'm still curious if the military has weighed in on this issue. And if not why haven't they.

Waltz is a powerful man and Now he's in a Powerful Position with Powerful people in his corner .

What ever happened with the Army is ancient history as far as the Army is concerned . I'm sure they don't wanna go any where near it especially now .

But In truth who knows mate .....

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Who's Entitled to a Copy of a Veteran's DD214?

The Privacy Act of 1974 limits access to a veteran's DD214 to only the service member (either past or present) or the member's legal guardian; only these persons will have access to almost any information contained in that member's own record

dd214.us...#:~:text=Who's%20Entitled%20to%20a%20Copy,in%20that%20member's%20own%20record.

Where is that allowed in the The Privacy Act of 1974 ?

Care to cite and quote a source?

Anyway. Before I went full time Navy, the below DD-214 looks like DD-214 when I left the army reserves.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 06:28 PM
link   

There is some info here.

Request Military Service Records

Records of individuals who left service less than 62 years ago are subject to access restrictions and only limited information or copies may be released to the general public within the provisions of the law. The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and the Privacy Act provide balance between the right of the public to obtain information from military service records and the right of the former military service member to protect his/her privacy. See Federal Records Center Program to access these records.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Sorry to be a skeptic. But let’s put this in perspective.

The military I was in took me 6 months to get my security clearance when I switched to the navy. And took forever to get my DD-214 from the Army Reserve because they “lost it”.

Somehow. In a timely manner you got the DD-214 of what is the closest thing to an enlisted god (master Sargent and above) that happens to be a governor and now on the presidential ticket. From a FIOA. Where the DD214 you showed looks nothing like a service DD-214 I have ever seen. But looks likes a generic DD214 example from those con-sites trying to get money from you for something you should be able to get yourself?
edit on 21-8-2024 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I'm still curious if the military has weighed in on this issue. And if not why haven't they.

I'm not trying to offend anyone but the military can be a pretty dark place. It's by nature very secret and confidential. Lots of things go on behind the scenes and rank is a serious thing.

Sometimes people are asked to leave but allowed to keep their rank and get an honorable discharge and it's in everyone's best interest to keep quiet.

Point is that the military doesn't usually talk about anything if they don't absolutely have to.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 07:08 PM
link   
There was also a document circulating around about how Walz didn't know his Unit was going to be deployed and he put in the retirement papers before they knew. Later it was proven the story was fake and he did know. The dates were purposely edited to fake-out people. The whole Walz thing is a hide and seek game of horrible lies and BS. 🤣🤣

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Weekend Warrior it's what we called them when i Served.
My Stint was 4 years full time NG is Part Time.

originally posted by: schuyler2
He was in the National Guard RESERVES, which means he served one weekend a month and two weeks every summer in a "summer camp." He did hop on over to Italy for a few days one time. That's an average of THIRTY-EIGHT DAYS a year. He NEVER carried a weapon, NEVER was in a combat zone.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

regardless of when you retire, it's important that you don't pretend you are or were something you aren't or weren't. Like having your DD214 showing your rank as E8, but claiming you retired as an e9. that would be a bad move.

I had to show my DD214 to get my Veteran license plates and Veteran status on my license.

Isn't that racist?

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88
But things might be different for a E-8 / E-9 at retirement age?

Absolutely, you are on to something. The guy was in a long time. It is ok to retire. It is the part where his unit was about to be deployed that he took the chicken # route. He was a Good Time Charlie. Just in for the good time. The lying about his retirement is just scummy but the lying about combat is real bad.

Based on that alone it seems like he is a coward for bragging about being at war with weapons he wanted banned when he retired before he was assigned to the battle theater.
edit on 21000000033120248America/Chicago08pm8 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Oh yeah. The government moves at it's own pace. I had to do the run around to get a C number. And that took forever to get through the steps. And then at the end they were like. Oh you don't need it. like wtf. If I didn't need it. Why make me go to GSA and get fingerprinted. Why did you make me do the FBI investigation? Could of told me sooner. So Annoying.

Also. I don't know in what way the dd-214 was obtained. I was just saying that it's possible to get service docs via foia if they allow it.

edit on 7Wed, 21 Aug 2024 19:48:41 -0500America/Chicago24580 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Here's a link to a news article that may be of interest: LINK

The article contains an 'open letter' by two retired Minnesota National Guard "Command Sergeant's Major" wherein the accusations of Tim Walz's stolen valor are fully laid out...

Here's a summary from the article:

In an open letter posted to Facebook in 2018, retired Command Sergeants Major Thomas Behrends and Paul Herr leveled the bombshell allegations, saying that Walz retired from his 24-year tenure in the National Guard after learning that his battalion would be deployed to Iraq.

“On May 16th, 2005, [Walz] quit, betraying his country, leaving the 1-125th Field Artillery Battalion and its Soldiers hanging; without its senior Non-Commissioned Officer, as the battalion prepared for war,” Behrends and Herr wrote.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join