It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Retirement and Walz

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Just a simple question after a little background.

I served in the military, but did not retire.

For my enlistment. I would sign a contact for so many years.

How did Walz retire so conveniently? Can you retire anytime after 24 years? If you have enough points from good years?

Or do you still have to fulfill the time you signed to extend your enlistment per contract? Did he take something like a hardship discharge because he was elected to office?

Just curious.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazy88

You become eligible for military retirement at 20 years which is when I retired from the USAF.
edit on 2024 8 21 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   

regardless of when you retire, it's important that you don't pretend you are or were something you aren't or weren't. Like having your DD214 showing your rank as E8, but claiming you retired as an e9. that would be a bad move.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

You become eligible for military retirement at 20 years which is when I retired from the USAF.

Thank you for your service...

when asked, do you refer to your retirement rank at a level you didn't complete training for

🚨NEW SUPERCUT: Here are twenty documented instances of Governor Tim Walz falsely claiming his rank of Command Sergeant Major.

x.com...

Reporter asks Holder why he didn't vet Tim Walz

x.com...
edit on p000000318pm086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

So re-listing for extending by contract for whatever amount of years agreed upon is secondary to retirement?

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Thank you for your service...

when asked, do you refer to your retirement rank at a level you didn't complete training for

Thank you.

I would say whatever is listed on your DD-214 with what completed training is listed. But I didn’t retire.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 02:53 PM
link   

His stint was in a National Guard unit which if I recall doesn't have contracts.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I'm not a member of X and cannot watch that video.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: billxam1

That doesn’t sound right. How do you have the power to stop an individual from going awol? Absent without official leave.

I think it’s more like this.

District of Columbia National Guard

dc.ng.mil...#:~:text=All%20initial%20enlistment%20contra cts%20are,an%20Army%20National%20Guard%20unit.

Your Commitment
If you have never served in any branch of the military, there are few things you need to know. All initial enlistment contracts are for eight years - that is you will have an eight year military service obligation. However, all eight years do not have to be served in an Army National Guard unit. For example, a Soldier can serve for as little as three years in a unit where there is a requirement to participate a minimum of one weekend each month and two weeks for annual training. The Soldier can then reenlist or spend the remaining five years in the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR). In the IRR there is no requirement to attend weekend drills or perform a two week annual training. Many benefits, however, require a six year enlistment and the remaining two years can be spent in the IRR or the Soldier can reenlist.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 03:00 PM
link   
But things might be different for a E-8 / E-9 at retirement age?

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

I'm not a member of X and cannot watch that video.

It's Walz saying 20 different times over the years he retired as a Command Sergeant Major.

Im not in the military but a few persons I know in the Guard seem to think it's a big deal.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I came across his paperwork last week. There in the document it shows his rank as CSM with a paygrade of E9.

And then we get the correction form there that lowers his rank from CSM to MSG and paygrade from E9 to E8.

So from what I'm reading online. Is that he had the rank and paygrade. But when he retired they lowered both rank and paygrade. Because he retired before completing coursework at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy, along with other requirements associated with his promotion.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Thank you for proving that he lied about his Final Rank upon retirement .

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I believe I heard he was also introduced as a combat veteran which he wasn't and failed to correct the interviewers.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Seriously? I post the paperwork that shows his rank at retirement that shows he was a CSM. And then you are like, "Liar, liar pants on fire!"?

Is it too small? Maybe I should underline it in red for you.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 03:44 PM
link   

ummm maybe you don't understand the Military or what you posted......

He was NEVER an E9 , yes he was given the Rank because the Army assumed he would complete the SgtMajor Course .... he never did .

So from what I'm reading online. Is that he had the rank and paygrade. But when he retired they lowered both rank and paygrade. Because he retired before completing coursework at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy, along with other requirements associated with his promotion.

it shows his rank was amended to E8 upon retirement . Though he has gone on and on and on about how he was a E9 .

Hints he Lied is it really so hard to comprehend the man lied ?? He is a Politician it's what they do regardless of your love for him he lied get over it.
edit on 21-8-2024 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

He wasn't deployed to a forward unit from what I've read. So yeah. He probably should of clarified that he was deployed but was never in combat.

Though Walz has said that he did serve in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. And you can see him saying this back in 2007.

www.c-span.org.../user-clip-rep-tim-walz-minn-serving-operation-enduring-freedom#

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 03:52 PM
link   
If you know the right people you can do whatever you want.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   
He was in the National Guard RESERVES, which means he served one weekend a month and two weeks every summer in a "summer camp." He did hop on over to Italy for a few days one time. That's an average of THIRTY-EIGHT DAYS a year. He NEVER carried a weapon, NEVER was in a combat zone.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead
If you know the right people you can do whatever you want.

I know the people in the military records department always seemed to have the best awards, commendations, and merits. Strange how that works. 😁

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join