It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Super Unscientific Poll

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlest2
So which poll do you believe more? The so-called scientific polls showing Trump leading by just 1% or 2%, or even trailing Communist Kamala, or this one?.

Neither.

The 'scientific polls' are all skewed according to the wishes of the pollster, and because the pollsters dont seem to know what they are doing. THe X poll is just a snippet and it could be skewed because it doesn't get a good balanced sample of the population.

The only poll I believe is the one one election day and even that one I don't believe is accurate.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

Update:

Trump
75.4%
Kamala
24.6%
3,423,463 votes
·
14 hours left
4:56 PM · Aug 20, 2024
·
32.3M
Views

Previously:
Trump
78.6%
Kamala
21.4%
1,130,478 votes
·
22 hours left
·
7.2M
Views
edit on 21-8-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Update:

Trump
75.4%
Kamala
24.6%
3,423,463 votes
·
14 hours left
·
32.3M
Views

Previously:
Trump
78.6%
Kamala
21.4%
1,130,478 votes
·
22 hours left
·
7.2M
Views

totaly don't believe this, but if Harris pics up momentum, then it's totaly legit.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It is possible to find a site that looks at a combination of polls to reach a more accurate conclusion.

But I do understand confirmation bias...even with this approach.

projects.fivethirtyeight.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

We'll see... I saw Don Le-mon out on the streets of NY asking random black people who they'd be voting for and they were all saying Trump, LOLOL!

That one went over like a turd in a punch bowl for him.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz
It is possible to find a site that looks at a combination of polls to reach a more accurate conclusion.

Yeah I'm sure the same site that had Trump at a 1.3% favorability to win in 2016, on the morning of election day, is much more accurate.

Keep up the hard work.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I agree that polls are worthless because the media selectively polls groups for, as others have noted, 'confirmation bias' purposes of their readers.

BUT...there is one thing to note about polls which IS relevant. The MSM constantly reports "polls" to steer public opinion, regardless of their authenticity. This is the opposite of confirmation bias...this is propaganda and manipulation.

You can look at Fox news and CNN doing this all the time when they report Trump or Harris in the lead. CNN will report Trump in the lead, and ironically FOX will report Harris in the lead. It's a "mind F**k".

Furthermore, just about all of these reported "polls", where one candidate is reported to be ahead, are all WAY within the margin of error of the "poll". So, a "poll" will give a stat like 51% to 49%, and if you read the small print, you will see the margin of error is like 6%. So, the whole report is BULLSH!T..

That was well put, manufactured consent, fake polls to make us believe that "most people" think a certain way on any particular issue. PsyOp, major social engineering tool.
Over the last 3 plus years I have read polls that go something like this;

28 percent say country going in wrong direction
68 percent say economy better under Trump
Polls show economy is top issue
Polls show Biden slight edge versus Trump

Polls are rigged. The msm propaganda, lawfare, deepstate, etc..are all in favor of the democrats. Imagine for a moment if Trump had the support of msm propaganda, lawfare, deepstate, etc..
edit on 21-8-2024 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   

So this pole is just Americans or open to everyone?

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOS

I'm in Europe and was able to vote.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

If you can't trust the actual vote where there is a lot of stuff to try and ensure that it is a fair representation of the voters, and you imply that the actual vote is fraudulent, then how could you trust something as obviously partisan as a poll on a social media platform whose manager/owner openly promotes one particular candidate?

So you're saying the X website cheated the poll and it wasn't actually individuals clicking on the "Trump" button? LOL ok..

It's pretty easy to see this was a legitimate poll. It may not prove an accurate representation of people in the whole country. People from other countries likely participated. Most of China's civilian populations supports Trump, because they hate their communist leaders and lack of freedoms.

But since it wasn't a schemed poll, it is getting an answer about how a majority people feel everywhere.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 04:15 PM
link   

How about response bias?
Weighted polling?
Stagnant well polling?
Carryover?

I would like to trust polls. However in current times, the way polls are done can only reflect what the pollster wishes to convey.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: chr0naut

If you can't trust the actual vote where there is a lot of stuff to try and ensure that it is a fair representation of the voters, and you imply that the actual vote is fraudulent, then how could you trust something as obviously partisan as a poll on a social media platform whose manager/owner openly promotes one particular candidate?

So you're saying the X website cheated the poll and it wasn't actually individuals clicking on the "Trump" button? LOL ok..

It's pretty easy to see this was a legitimate poll. It may not prove an accurate representation of people in the whole country. People from other countries likely participated. Most of China's civilian populations supports Trump, because they hate their communist leaders and lack of freedoms.

But since it wasn't a schemed poll, it is getting an answer about how a majority people feel everywhere.

Not saying that at all.

Just questioning where you put your trust.

The X poll, has a vastly different outcome than just about every other poll, for years, and outcome of two elections.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Nobody in their right mind will admit to voting Trump. But we're voting Trump. I have still not met a voter with support for Harris that can't say "Trump" in their reasoning for voting Harris.

That said, I'd bet on Harris. They've done everything to keep Trump out of office. It doesn't stop in August. These idiots are hell bent. Folks have been shot over this election already.
edit on 22-8-2024 by sine.nomine because: Fight! Fight! Fight!

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

How about response bias?
Weighted polling?
Stagnant well polling?
Carryover?

I would like to trust polls. However in current times, the way polls are done can only reflect what the pollster wishes to convey.

So, wouldn't polls that differ greatly from the median value ranges of the majority of polls be more likely to be the ones that are false?

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

So which poll do you believe more? The so-called scientific polls showing Trump leading by just 1% or 2%, or even trailing Communist Kamala, or this one?.

Neither.

The 'scientific polls' are all skewed according to the wishes of the pollster, and because the pollsters dont seem to know what they are doing. THe X poll is just a snippet and it could be skewed because it doesn't get a good balanced sample of the population.

The only poll I believe is the one one election day and even that one I don't believe is accurate.

Many Americans are so full of doubt and distrust, that they cannot look at things rationally. It's fairly obvious which are more likely the truths, if you apply some sceptical investigation of all the facts from as many sources as possible.

edit on 2024-08-22T03:10:08-05:0003Thu, 22 Aug 2024 03:10:08 -050008am00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join