It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFKjr asked Harris for Cabinet post in exchange for dropping out and endorsing her

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Have you familiarized yourself with Chase Oliver......?

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

I was all set to vote Libertarian. That's how I lean.
When I go Libertarian I'm thinking 'Ron Paul'.
Chase Oliver is no Ron Paul.
So I'm not voting for him.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Ive yet to meet an actual Libertarian who supports Oliver.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

What are his views/stances that prohibit such?

Genuine question not got a clue.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think that recent dead bear story, paired with the brain worm running joke, just sank his campaign.

Humorous moments can do that to a politician, anybody remember Howard Dean?

If true, the 4th key of Alan Lichtmans 13 keys to the White House just fell for the Democrats.

4. No third party: There is no significant third party or independent campaign.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Omg, he went to Harris AFTER he went to Trump for the same thing?

Not even a month has passed since he made the same offer to Trump. Remember when RFK Jr's nephew or son recorded the phone call on his phone and then posted it live? And RFK Jr apologized and had it taken down?

RFK wanted a White House job in exchange for endorsing Trump: report

How can we be sure this isn't just his allegedly "taken care of" brain worm making the calls and the decisions for him?

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Extremely disappointing if true.
I would tend to believe him, but who knows?
HIs vaccine stance makes him taboo to the current WH crowd.

As for putting out fires? How long do you think he would last with all the DEI and progressives in the WH crowd?

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Hope it's not OT, but I just found out RFKs wife was the actress on Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Hollywood and D.C. are like peanut butter and jelly.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 05:25 PM
link   

How so very disappointing....I thought he had more character than this .... just another politician for sale to the highest bidder...

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

I was all set to vote Libertarian. That's how I lean.
When I go Libertarian I'm thinking 'Ron Paul'.
Chase Oliver is no Ron Paul.
So I'm not voting for him.

me too!

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 05:53 PM
link   

If Kennedy doesn't mind getting yelled at and being treated like a slave, he picked the right boss.

edit on 1682024 by WeMustCare because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

If Kennedy doesn't mind getting yelled at and being treated like a slave, he picked the right boss.

Yeah.
Why would he want to take the Iceberg Sightseeing Cruise on the Titanic?
That's the equivalent to Harris's campaign.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

If this happens it’s a couple extra points for Trump.

I think RFK would have taken more away from Trump than Harris. Though, before I would have imagined RFK would have taken more votes from Biden than Trump.

I disagree if he pulls from any party it's the Democrats, in normal times he would have run as a Democrat in 2024. That was deep-sixed by the DNC PTB

It's fairly well known they wanted no competition for Biden and they wanted the same for Harris, thus dropping this story from the Harris campaign might be false or an embellishment.

only one side wants him off the ballots in certain states and it isn't the Republicans I submit Exhibit A

news.yahoo.com...

The Washington state Democratic Party planned to file an appeal Friday of the secretary of state’s determination that Kennedy qualified for the November ballot. He is one of nine minor party candidates approved for the ballot by state election officials Tuesday.

“We believe that the Robert F. Kennedy Jr. campaign did not follow the rules. We do not believe they can prove that they did,” said Stephen Reed, communications director for the state party.

edit on p000000318pm086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

What do you suppose he and the party that nominated him can do, either now or in preparation for a significant third party run in 28? From what I know I have serious doubts that he or the divided party he represents can emerge from insignificant 3% status by then to really have a chance of establishing Libertarian as a viable choice for voters.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Extremely disappointing if true.
I would tend to believe him, but who knows?
HIs vaccine stance makes him taboo to the current WH crowd.

As for putting out fires? How long do you think he would last with all the DEI and progressives in the WH crowd?

It's especially important to play your small role where it's feasible even by a tiny fraction. Isn't that why we vote? He's one more grain of sand on the scale and we need all we can get. Futile or not, trying in vain is far superior to not bothering and wondering what you could have changed. Maybe that's what RFK is trying to do.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

Well he has tried to meet but there may be some misinformation as to 'why'. But based on him reaching out to both parties is downright weird.

At the moment, Kennedy says he is continuing to campaign with the expectation that he will defeat both Trump and Harris, making regular interview appearances, releasing an “America Strong” plan for bipartisan governance and planning upcoming rallies in states such as Arizona and Nebraska. But he has also left open the possibility of bowing out of the race if he finds another way to bring about the change he seeks in the country, his advisers say.

“From the beginning of this campaign, we were saying people should be talking to each other,” Kennedy said Wednesday in an interview. “That is the only way of unifying the country.”

Kennedy said he hopes Harris reconsiders his offer of a meeting. “I think it is a strategic mistake for them. That’s my perspective,” Kennedy said. “I think they ought to be looking at every opportunity. I think it is going to be a very close race.”
www.washingtonpost.com...

In response:

Kennedy said in response to the report that he had reached out to all the candidates, but never asked the Harris campaign for a Cabinet position.
www.msnbc.com...

The attempt to arrange a meeting with Harris follows an in-person discussion between Kennedy and former President Donald Trump in July at the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee.

Following his July 15 meeting with Trump, Kennedy wrote on social media, "Lots of rumors going around about my meeting this morning with President Trump. Our main topic was national unity, and I hope to meet with Democratic leaders about that as well. No, I am not dropping out of the race."
www.cbsnews.com...

He has bashed Kamala Harris quite thoroughly so I don't know why he would ever try to mend a bridge with her, especially since he holds no political position, he doesn't have much to offer her or Trump at this point. His interaction in 2014 with a dead bear cub didn't help either and in fact, was quite damaging IMHO. Especially considering the whole story, some really bad judgement there. And his campaign seems to be going down the toilet.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Yeah.
Why would he want to take the Iceberg Sightseeing Cruise on the Titanic?
That's the equivalent to Harris's campaign.

For one thing, RFK jr. wouldn't have to worry about the Democrat machine trying to kill him, which is why Biden declined to grant Secret Service protection to candidate Kennedy.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Everyone wanting to work with Kamala's campaign has to prove they are fully vaccinated and boosted for Covid-19.

Source: gettr.com...

And maybe a MonkeyPox vaxx requirement is coming soon.
🤪

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The major media outlets have been proven without a doubt to be untrustworthy message bearers for whoever has the deepest pockets.

Kennedy has stated the story is false.
Think we already knew that.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2

originally posted by: underpass61

Kennedy is calling it FAKE NEWS so who knows?

That's what I thought. I cant' see RFK doing that.

unless RFK Jr was purposely putting on 'Wolves clothing' for a reason

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join