It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFKjr asked Harris for Cabinet post in exchange for dropping out and endorsing her

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   
RFKjr asked Harris for a Cabinet post in exchange for dropping out and endorsing her

LOL, what was RFKjr thinking or more likely not thinking? Jeez, read the room don't seek out anything if it was possible they would have come to you. Looks like weak sauce

Ridiculously stupid move if true, as if the Democrats are going to force him off the ballot in NY and give him a place in the administration

his faltering campaign looks as if it's on life support. Even before this wild idea...

www.cnn.com...

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s campaign reached out to Vice President Kamala Harris’ campaign to arrange a meeting about a possible role in her administration if he drops out of the race and endorses her, a Kennedy campaign official and a Democratic official told CNN.

The approach from Kennedy’s team occurred last week, and no meeting between the two candidates materialized, the Kennedy campaign official told CNN.

The effort to meet comes weeks after Kennedy and former President Donald Trump met in person during the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee, where the two discussed a possible role for Kennedy in a potential Trump administration in exchange for an endorsement.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
RFKjr asked Harris for a Cabinet post in exchange for dropping out and endorsing her

SO he's a typical politician ... looking for favors in return for giving them ... selling out ... lack of standards and lack of integrity.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Trojan horse maybe?

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   

This makes him everything his detractors said he is ostensibly.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

SO he's a typical politician ... looking for favors in return for giving them ... selling out ... lack of standards and lack of integrity.

Sanders was no different.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Kennedy is calling it FAKE NEWS so who knows?

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   

If this happens it’s a couple extra points for Trump.

I think RFK would have taken more away from Trump than Harris. Though, before I would have imagined RFK would have taken more votes from Biden than Trump.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Beat me to it lol

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

That's what I thought. I cant' see RFK doing that.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Not sure I buy that.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

what was his last name again.....?

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Why not? I'd believe him way before I believe anyone working for Kamala.

If true, why wouldn't she have taken him up on it?

I'm calling B.S.

He was quick to say it's not true.

Kamala's people lie about everything, why believe this one?

edit on 16-8-2024 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   

That certainly benefits the harris campaign by turning away independent voters. Time will tell...

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm going to go a step further and say that he probably contacted the TRUMP campaign and an insider told Kamala's team, so she could get out ahead of it.

Solely my opinion.
edit on 16-8-2024 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

I don't believe any of them.
They are all politicians.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

Didn't Trump offer RFK a position in the administration?

Or do I have that wrong?

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Some authority and influence > no authority and influence

He is positioning himself to put out fires if Harris wins. The man on the inside who dampens the worst effects of a Harris administration.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Yeah, she does not really need him and his votes will take away from Trump more than her base so..............

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I smell a rat. This guy is a joke. He holds a name of liberal devotion and he espouses numerous ideas that appeal to conservative conspiracy types. Just who will lose votes to him is the quandary.

Is he just a goof ball or could he be playing the role of killing any chance to establish a viable avenue for an independent or third party to arise.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:45 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join