It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth site done with me, self exit interview.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Dapaga

I would say many great authors have great editors. So you could legitimately ask, are most authors authentic? Or creations of their editors? In the context Keller was an author.

edit on 17-8-2024 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazy88

Still different for most people who can walk outside and watch the sunset in realtime.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: KnowItAllKnowNothin

Have you never wondered why folks believe the things they do ?

People's beliefs are shaped by a mixture of different factors, like their upbringing, culture, education, personal experiences and the social environment in which they exist.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88

Lots repeated in the opening post.

Let’s focus on “some gullible fools”.

Why would they think the earth is flat from say, watching the sunset and night fall?

Is it from their own observations, or because they choose to listen to “lies and deception” on YouTube?

Who knows ?

Your guess is probably better than mine, as you seem to enjoy putting some effort into the debunking process, giving you more interaction time with FE believers.

Good that you're asking questions.

Why do you believe in a spheroidish Earth ?

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   

To be a Flat Earther you have to believe satellites are fake, the ISS is fake and so on and on and on.

Which is, quite simply, bonkers.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Never mind….
edit on 18-8-2024 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnowItAllKnowNothin

Not the point of this thread. See opening post, and you get several reasons as those listed as taboo to flat earthers. And other hints.

Or as Oldcarpy so elegantly put it…

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

To be a Flat Earther you have to believe satellites are fake, the ISS is fake and so on and on and on.

Which is, quite simply, bonkers.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   
UFO’s also seem to be taboo with flat earthers. Must be the no space thing in their delusion. It’s a shame one conspiracy blocks flat earthers from participating in one of the biggest conspiracy theories going on today? That might have some truth to it.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   

It's quite simple to my mind.

In 4th Grade, my teacher had a scale(sort of, enough to make a point at least) model of the Sun, Earth, and moon; each spherical (probably because spheres are easier to make than almost spheres).

With that one model, she could and did demonstrate how day and night changes; how seasons change; how Solar eclipses occur; and how Lunar eclipses occur.

Since all these movements are happening simultaneously, it is most probably true, since the theory has not been disproved in many centuries.

Flat earthers cannot produce a single model to demonstrate day/night cycle and season cycle as simultaneous, with a million years or so of working on it. So it's either a non-viable theory, or it has been disproven in many ways.

edit on 18-8-2024 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

Cool story.

We had a cut-away model of the Earth, showing the names of all of the different layers, and how thick they were.

But they can't fool me, as I know that nobody really knows what's below about 10 clicks, or so.

Why do you figure that some folks pretend to know stuff, that they clearly don't know ?

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Science?

Measuring seismic waves?

Does this not fool you?

Deny Ignorance.

www.sciencefocus.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Why do you figure that some folks pretend to know stuff, that they clearly don't know ?

Okay. So the last FE guy that I conversed with was an Uber driver who used GPS (Global Positioning Satellite) setup to navigate about. Anyways, the conversation was fairly scattered since I interrupted a few times with stuff like "I don't quite grasp the whole Space/Time continuum system of these days, so using classic mechanics I would say that gravity is a force which causes acceleration of objects from their inertial state." That was my response to him saying, "the Scientists are quacks! They don't know if gravity is a force or not."

So when I got home I watched some youtube videos and read some web articles with names like "Relativity for dummies" until I got the gist of frames of reference or paradigm shifts. Ahah! In one paradigm there is no absolute 0 position from which to lay out a 3 dimensional coordinate system. In that paradigm "free-fall is the inertial state", therefore gravity is not a force.

But in the paradigm of classic mechanics we can make up a frame of reference in which we pretend that there is an absolute 0 point and chart a coordinate system from there. It's an abstraction that we have been doing for hundreds of years without even questioning since Descartes time. But it totally works for regular everyday Solar System area physics.

The thing with "normies", "ball-earthers" like me, is we learn some stuff, even some reasons why that stuff is probably factual and useful for everyday things, then we go about with our lives not constantly rehashing in our minds all the names and dates of various experiments which demonstrated this and that. Unless of course, if our everyday life is as a teacher of those experiments.

FEs, on the other hand, if obsessively dedicated to spreading FE "theory", are constantly thinking about objections to Ball-Earth theory.

I have been advised by wise youtubers to not beat myself up because I couldn't whip out a handy response to a FE objection.

Back to why someone would pretend to know things. My hypothesis is defense mechanism. To say "I don't know", seems weak. The questioner may then claim unfounded victory. If that happens, the FE is re-enforced in his own mind. And the Normey is to blame for the error persisting in the World.

So therefore: It is better to pretend, than to cause the collapse of civilization as we know it.
edit on 19-8-2024 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Cool story.

We had a cut-away model of the Earth, showing the names of all of the different layers, and how thick they were.

But they can't fool me, as I know that nobody really knows what's below about 10 clicks, or so.

Your example has nothing to do with the actual shape of the earth.

Soo. All that lava and magma has to come from somewhere. Something has to explain tectonic plates. Or at least fault lines, and how mountains are formed. And how rocks form. And there has to be something about why the earth has a magnetic field. And why underground nuclear testing creates seismic waves that bounce around the inside of the earth like it’s a big bell.

You have a better model?

Added…

It’s not about “fooling you”.

It’s about creating useful models that help to predict nature and explain why things happen. Nobody claims the models are perfect.

Back to FE vs spherical earth. The heliocentric model has created useful dial star atlas that are useful for accurately predicting the night sky. Accuracy not achieved by FE. Heliocentric model is accurate and is being tweaked. FE was abandoned for something more useful.
edit on 20-8-2024 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2024 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Excellent post FH !

I would agree that just about everyone, regardless of belief-systems, has many "gimmes", that we must just incorporate, so as to not be constantly doubting everything.

Sorry if I have been contributing to the collapse of civilization as we know it, but so much of it is fake BS, that sometimes it's hard to just sit on the sidelines and watch it self-destruct.

I don't know much of anything.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Excellent post FH !

I would agree that just about everyone, regardless of belief-systems,

I see the heliocentric model has a combination of a clock / gravity engine. It has principles and science that allows accurate forecasts and to create things. The forecasting of tides. To creating clocks and electrical systems that run off dropping weights.

Would you say the reasons I understand a four stoke internal combustion engine is a “believe system”.

edit on 21-8-2024 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join