It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth site done with me, self exit interview.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2024 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

I call it Fat Earth vs. Flat Earth

edit on CDT09America/Chicagop35242024-08-15T21:07:35-05:0009America/Chicagopm by ThePsycheaux because: Typo

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazy88

Just google flat earth society Deadpool.

The mod done you a favor rather than getting dragged into their mental illness. Sure it would of been fun pointing out how inconsistent and unreasonable their views are. Expect they do get a lot of that and why so quick to ban you. They want reassurance rather than facts.

There is a much bigger problem going on with the information war these days. It is not just FE, but many other topics that are getting twisted, perverted and turned upside down of reality. Some of it is due to the state protecting its secrets, some of it is more intentional to dumb down and confuse the population to make them more controllable. Some of it is the work of the devil as a master of lies and deception.

Michael Aquino and his work in military intelligence was one working on this psychological war. The communist community is another trying to subvert the public will through disinformation. Trying to invade America through an armed conflict is dumb with its gun culture. Invading America through its ignorance is a much more viable option that has been gaining a lot of ground on the political front.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Birds aren't real.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Hollow cranium, then?

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Not surprising, as some ball-earthers are jerks.

My grade two teacher had us write letters to Santa, paint Easter-eggs, journal about the Tooth-Fairy, read books about a talking bear, and spin the globe on the back shelf, and point-out the iceberg where Santa had his slave enterprise, and tortured elves to make useless toys for spoilt children.

Some folks will believe anything, eh ?

By grade 5 : most of us figured-out that our grade two teacher was just a fantasy peddler.

Some folks just believe stuff, because somebody else told them !!
Imagine that !

I'm here to study beliefs, and Ball-heads are fascinating to me.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: KnowItAllKnowNothin

Sounds very scientific.

Beliefs are one thing facts a different matter.

And the fact is our Earth is shaped like an oblate spheroid same as the rest of the planets in our star system.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 05:33 PM
link   

And all flat-earthers are rational, well adjusted human beings who think free from the restraints of any dogmatic pre-conceptions or dictates.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I will tell you why you cannot persuade a flat earther.

It is because you yourself have not been into space, and neither have they. Your proof is anecdotal to them. You are telling them about something you have never seen yourself; the earth from outer space.

They simply argue, "How do you know it exists? Because some guy told you it did?"

Your books, equations, and "experiments other people do" is not proof to them. They have their own books, equations, and "experiments other people have done."

You see the conundrum? They won't believe it until they see it for themselves.

Sort of like a Christian trying to convince an Athiest about God and vice-versa. It is also like a marriage; till death do they part.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnowItAllKnowNothin

Some folks will believe anything, eh ?

Then why are some topics with flat earthers taboo, and when presented with these topics flat earthers detail and use straw man arguments.

From my own 2nd opening post. Which is part two of the opening post.

originally posted by: Lazy88

If you argue on the cite enough, you realize certain topics a taboo. Like why all the different map projections. Gravity can actually be measured, and varies with density. Why do navy’s not treat the world as flat. Why the direction south means something. Why are dial star atlases accurate at predicting the night sky. Why you can’t use a telescope to bring a set sun back into view. Why a pair of binoculars can’t bring a ship that sailed over the horizon back into view. Anything that is your personal favorite experience that kills flat earth, like if you used a sat phone in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

When a FE does engage in debate, it’s like watching a train wreck. One FE favorite is the sun sets because of perspective. If you ask how prospective physically blocks a single point light source like the sun from view, they will start posting about railroad tracks “rising” in the distance. Or light dies. Then jump to trying to change the subject. They will try to make it about you being a stupid and programmed ball Earther. Or NASA lies. Or NASA as a vast army to keep you from the ice wall the globe labels Antarctica. Or CGI. Or the sun and moon are projects.

Thanks for ignoring my personal experiences, ignoring the earth is demonstrably spherical as confirmed by my own observations and experiences. And proving how flat earthers create these straw man arguments.

Would you like me to start an actual thread debunking FE off my personal experiences. Or maybe you can start a thread on how useful flat earth is concerning tides and piloting small watercraft out to sea off shore. My personal experience would be more in line with swimming off shore to sea.

edit on 17-8-2024 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dapaga

Sort of like a Christian trying to convince an Athiest about God and vice-versa. It is also like a marriage; till death do they part.

Spherical earth is a little more scientific than that.

Like why this dial star atlas is accurate for Australia, South America, Africa.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   
There are tons of legit conspiracies to champion.

A good friend is a FE'er. Sigh.
My rebuttal to them is "Are you too stupid to understand any of the other conspiracies so adopted this one?".
Yes we're still friends.

Totally understand the psychology of FE'ers being interesting theoretically.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think the original Flat Earthers didn't actually believe in it but we're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Trolling, as it were.

Then you have the Creationists and ignorant science deniers, and gullible folk.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

"Birds aren't real."

Obviously 🤣!

Then there is the "Heaven" glass dome, space is water, the Moon, planets and stars aren't real. Etc.

I hadn't heard the birds thing.

edit on 17-8-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

And all flat-earthers are rational, well adjusted human beings who think free from the restraints of any dogmatic pre-conceptions or dictates.

I don't know much, but I would be surprised if you knew "all" FE'ers.

I'm less interested in their beliefs, not sure why.

I'm more interested in normie beliefs.

Have you never wondered why folks believe the things they do ?

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnowItAllKnowNothin

Have you never wondered why folks believe the things they do ?

Sounds like a great thread. This thread happens to be about my experience on a flat earth site.

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Do you have experiences with flat earthers you like to post about?

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88

Do you have experiences with flat earthers you like to post about?

I look at the how they believe, and the why, more that the what.

There are differences between the FE's, and regular folks, in multiple aspects.

Some FE'ers seem to be pro shills, some just amateur trolls, some LARP'ers, some gullible fools.
Seems like some are just folks that seem to need to have beliefs, and when confronted with this world of lies and deception, fall into odd beliefs, being unfortunately unable to sit in a place of unknowing.

‘It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.’
-- Shania Twain

( I honestly don't know if Twain actually ever said that. Mark or Shania. )

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Lots repeated in the opening post.

Let’s focus on “some gullible fools”.

Why would they think the earth is flat from say, watching the sunset and night fall?

Is it from their own observations, or because they choose to listen to “lies and deception” on YouTube?

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I understand what you mean, but I was referring more to the belief of it, and commitment to said belief.

For fun, I'll add that many teens today think Heller Keller never existed. 

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dapaga

For fun, I'll add that many teens today think Heller Keller never existed. 

That’s a new one. I could see maybe Keller being accused of being a charlatan? But from logic. People with disabilities are very real. What does questioning Keller ever existing gain a person. The skeptic in me can see the deeper dilemma of how do you prove historical figures are portrayed accurately. And I can see why Keller would choose to be a charlatan. But can’t see any motive for a group of people to collaborate and total invent a person out of thin air that never existed. For that time, there were many people that could have been the poster child for the poor and disabled. It’s one thing to groom and create a mystic about a person. It’s another thing to totally fabric a person that never existed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join