It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Just Found Oceans of Liquid Water on Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead
a reply to: Justoneman

You may be right about the snow. It's been so long I can't remember. I mainly remember the gate keepers trying to pretend it wasn't happening at all.

The photos of the craters with water flowing down show the crater then dark streaks begin to form running down and then they dry up and look normal again.

Anyway, I guess my point is that the OP seems in line with this. There is water underground and occasionally it seeps out.

Yes and if there is water we can make H2 and O2 for both fuel and breathing. Then more CO2 will be there and we could help a greenhouse with our CO2 being pumped to one there on Mars. The game changer is having water means fuel and so much more.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Where there is water, there is life.

At least in nature that’s the way it works. I have never heard of scientists drilling into an untouched body of water through the ice, and finding it to be 100 percent, organism free. Life is everywhere and even on Mars, there was life, and likely still is. a reply to: gortex

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I thought that snow was CO2 but I am not certain. The issue for water is there is no longer and atmosphere to keep gases trapped on Mars.

The ice at the Martian poles is mostly made from water but there is some carbon dioxide in there too according to NASA.
Mars also still has an atmosphere albeit a thin one , but it's still enough produce pretty clouds.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
I’d wager a pretty high chance of martians then as well.

Would be pretty cool if the first alien world we discover is a subterranean bioluminescent ocean.

And that makes subterranean mars bases more feasible.
a reply to: gortex

The abyss........... what a great film

all the best

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Hey, those are some great gifs ! 👍

It seems to me if you have clouds you would have rain (or snow).

I knew about the polar lander observing snow but I wonder if these clouds around the rovers ever produce rain.

Any thoughts as to why they wouldn't ?

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

Not too sure if it rains on Mars but if it does it probably wouldn't be water.
I think I'm right in saying that it rains sulfuric acid on one of the planets in the solar system.
I could easily be wrong about both.

All fascinating nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I think I'm right in saying that it rains sulfuric acid on one of the planets in the solar system.
I could easily be wrong about both.

All fascinating nonetheless.

Titan has rivers and lakes of methane.

My question though is why does main stream "science" act like water on mars is so out of the box ?

It's got clouds. There's literally water in the air.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I don't know mate.
I just really enjoy reading about this sort of stuff. At my age some of it sticks, some of it doesn't.....an expert I am most definitely not.

I was wondering if there's all this water locked inside Mars and there is at least some sort of atmosphere with water in it.....what would it take to terraform Mars or is that still a ridiculous idea?

edit on 13/8/24 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Because of the low air pressure due to its thin atmosphere liquid water can't form on Mars so it can't rain but it can snow at the poles although much of it sublimates before it reaches the ground.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: ARM19688
I think most of us would be genuinely surprised if there wasn’t life on Mars.

Define "life".

Intelligent life? Or, just living organisms?

Well that’s a can of worms. Right now most likely organisms. Previously who knows. I mean there are a great number of people in the USA seemingly willing to vote for a woman who is close to being a retard, so defining intelligence is quite difficult these days.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Very cool.

There used to be polar caps and green 'rivers' in old pictures. I was taught they melted every year and would create the 'canyons' we were seeing. This was late 70's. It was speculated you were seeing growth each season.

Is this another Mandela Effect taken away?

edit on 8132024 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Because of the low air pressure due to its thin atmosphere liquid water can't form on Mars so it can't rain but it can snow at the poles although much of it sublimates before it reaches the ground.

Well that's what they say but clouds are water. Not a gas form but a liquid form. So I guess they're
either wrong or straight up lying about it .

And those clouds aren't at the poles either

The main stream view just doesn't seem to quite add up to the evidence.

At the very least they should say liquid water on the surface won't last very long before sublimating, but instead they just tell you it's not possible at all.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I do agree with the OP though - there is a very good chance that much water means life right now on Mars.

Depends on its ph and salinity.

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I guess my point is...if water is below the surface of Mars, then it must have gotten there from being on the surface at some point. Thus my statement about possibility of finding a 'path' for migration of the water 'might' make that water more accessible (to preclude drilling).

They talk about a "mid-crust composed of igneous rock with thin fractures filled with liquid water" and a reduction of porosity with depth, so I suppose the water (if it's water) may have infiltrated down from the surface through the rocks, without any clear "path".

Also, the fact they talk about "thin fractures filled with liquid water" makes me think it's not a kind of underground sea but more like a sponge filled with water.

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
It cant be beyind our means to drill 10km down
I know it's way way more than we have currently drilled on Earth - which is about 1.23 km down, but why not keep going

It's 10 times that, the Kola Superdeep Borehole SG-3 reached 12,262 metres.

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   

There are photos from NASA showing liquid water flowing down the sides of craters.

There are photos from NASA showing something flowing down the sides of some craters, there's no way of knowing if it's water or not. Many people even say it's not liquid but dust, as those flows get wider as they go down the slope, while liquid flows get thinner.

Also there are photos of NASA rovers where it really looks like the wheels just rolled through mud.

Very fine dust, like cement powder.

edit on 14/8/2024 by ArMaP because: spelling

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Oh come on now. We all know it's water.

Initially they tried to say it was rocks rolling down a hill. Until it was pointed out that that was not possible because there are no rocks at the bottom of the streaks among other things.

Have you ever gotten a paper towel wet? Then you know that water wouldn't just run down in a thin line. It would fan out at the source as it's absorbed into the sand. Just like we see in the craters.

Main stream science even said it was water until the powers that be found other "scientists" to spit ball any idea other than water.

Sort of like they came out and said that Martin meteor had fossils of organisms in it then tried to say it didn't. ...it does.

Or how bout the article in the OP where it's mentioned that no signs of life have ever been found on mars. Yet the Viking landers data said otherwise. ...so they had to come up with excuses to sweep that under the rug.

NASA - Never A Straight Answer

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

No rain on Mars, as there's not enough pressure for water to remain in liquid state, it boils instantly.

Venus.

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 10:18 AM
link   
There use to be a really good gif of water flowing down the side of a crater. I can't find that one but this one is pretty good.

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 10:19 AM
link   

It's got clouds. There's literally water in the air.

Clouds can be of any thing, and if they are of water then the water is either vapour or ice, there's not enough pressure on Mars' atmosphere for water to remain in the liquid state.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join