It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Falsely Claims Harris Rally Numbers are Fake

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Trump falsely claims Harris rally numbers are fake:

www.bbc.co.uk...

Is this not desperate "fake news"?

"Mr Trump, the Republican taking on the vice-president in November's election, said on his Truth Social platform, external that it was a fake and there was “nobody” there waiting for her.

However, in multiple other images and videos, some taken by people present but also by TV news teams and agency photographers, you can see a large crowd of people at the event."
edit on 12-8-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I’d be careful disseminating or even viewing false info if you’re in the UK.

They seem to be sticklers about it atm.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

How is it false?

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
"Mr Trump, the Republican taking on the vice-president in November's election, said on his Truth Social platform, external that it was a fake and there was “nobody” there waiting for her.

He was bloviating and exaggerating. It's what he does.
All politicians do it. But the way he does it is almost an art form unto itself.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Sorry, but that picture in the article is layered. I've been messing around with graphic design for years; Adobe everything. The foreground image is real but has been rendered through some type of AI generator. It's the "smeared" cartoon-ish effect it has on the people in the image.

I can see 3+ layers of crowds blended together. It's real (sort of) but spliced together, IMO

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Love "bloviating"!

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

There are loads of them. As in "multiple".
edit on 12-8-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

He was bloviating and exaggerating. It's what he does.
All politicians do it. But the way he does it is almost an art form unto itself.

Idk, exaggerating to me would be a politician claiming they had better results on a certain issue than they really did.

Claiming a photo is AI is a bold statement. That’s not exaggerating something. His claim was no one is there.

I don’t think this is necessarily new or alarming for him, but I think it’s a bad look. When he makes claims like that, it typically only resonates with his base. He already has them, he shouldn’t worry about constantly giving them laughs with owning the libs.

He needs to focus on independent and swing voters. And I would guess most of them would see a claim like this and just see a guy who can’t keep his calm in a close race.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:41 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

But, but reflections on the plane!

link   

link   

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Trump falsely claims Harris rally numbers are fake:

www.bbc.co.uk...

Is this not desperate "fake news"?

However, in multiple other images and videos, some taken by people present but also by TV news teams and agency photographers, you can see a large crowd of people at the event."

I wonder why.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Claiming a photo is AI is a bold statement. That’s not exaggerating something. His claim was no one is there.

Yeah ... that's what I'm talking about ... his claim that 'no one was there' is an exaggeration.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion
Would claiming you are a combat veteran when you’re really not qualify as exaggerating?

Claiming to be a combat vet when you aren't, and claiming to have retired as a Command Sgt Major when you didn't ... that's Stolen Valor ... and it's illegal. Those are exaggerations for sure because they have some basis in fact but in the end aren't true ... but they are ILLEGAL exaggerations. Pretty sure it's against the law.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No, you're right. It was false to state "no one was there". The pictures speak for themselves.🙄 Again, just my opinion.

The utter disconnect people seem to have regarding just how far video and imaging tech has come along is troubling. I say troubling because as AI became a thing, it was clear that it would become more difficult, if not impossible, to distinguish between real and completely manufactured.

"If it wasn't filmed or photographed, it didn't happen." Isn't that the going consensus? What a great way to condition people to accept nothing less, so they never question the proof right away giving the ruse time to sink in.

They have software now that can edit video as it's being filmed in real time. There was an article on it years ago with a guy filming a tire on a car and deleting the rim as he was filming it!!

I trust my eyes, attention span and experience. Ymmv.

edit on 12-8-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:53 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join