It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 11 and her mother, 34, stabbed in Leicester Square , London

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Most Security Guards get paid minimum wage.....they get paid to spot and stop shoplifters, not people trying to stab random people to death.

Now I have my issues with Islam, but I'd be disingenuous if I wasn't to point out that it was probably a Muslim who tried to stop and prevent this attack.

None of us should be so blinded by hate and/or our preconceived opinions that we can't recognise and acknowledge good when it happens.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I don’t hate but I also recognize benign tumours are still cancer.

To be part of Islam is to be part of Islam. Just because the right hand is giving the thumbs up and the face is smiling doesn’t mean the left hand won’t stab me.
a reply to: Freeborn

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:17 PM
link   

That's your choice, entirely up to you.

I dislike Islam and I've been pretty clear about that for quite some time, but I've met enough Muslims to know that not all of them are consumed with the hatred that seems to be so prevalent in many of its followers.

But I don't wish to derail this thread - possibly a discussion for another time and place?

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Edit to avoid derailing thread.
edit on 12-8-2024 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Best wishes to the victims.

Not to demean the event, but the UK is lucky most of their attacks are with knives, and there is normally only 1 or 2 victims. Never dozens, like we have here in the States. Once our crazies get going, you're not safe anywhere, not in a church, or a mosque, or a club, a concert or a school.

And even then, our cops are so scared of guns, you can have a hundred of them waiting outside a school, crapping their pants, not wanting to go in and save lives.

So much easier dealing with a knife.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Silly me I keep forgetting the Brit’s think just totally different. Can’t wrap their heads around the need for defence.

a reply to: BedevereTheWise

On a thread about multiple British citizens bravery intervening against an armed attacker.

Where you implied you wouldn't have done anything without being paid.

edit on 12-8-2024 by BedevereTheWise because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Off topic

edit on 12-8-2024 by Athetos because: I removed the a Muslim game show video

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Without being armed*

I implied he wouldn’t have done if he wasn’t being paid IE if he was just in the shop and not the guard of said shop. Granted that pure speculation.
a reply to: BedevereTheWise

edit on 12-8-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It is the copy-cat affect. An entire society is permanently glued to mental/psyhcological influence machines without even understanding how it is weaponized against the individual. A century of neuro-science .... they can pick what group to trigger when they want too and already know from statistics a guaranteed manifestation based on the number of medication prescribed and what is in the government medical files of everyone.

They can trigger random knifings, acid attacks, poisonings, suicides you name it. A good chunk of human society has no idea they are operating on someone else's template for them which they have voluntarily sunk into chasing dopamine and serotonin release cycles from cleverly manufactured brain manipulation devices. They paid for the science centuries ago, and own all the resources to target anyone they want on a whim.

If your in Britain and have a reclusive, isolated introverted relative with known psychologist with a prescription that is on the internet 24/7 better keep an eye on them. Nobody ever knows which person from the control groups can be triggered, but they all mostly have the potential. It is just a matter of saturating their senses long enough to get pone to pop.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Most Security Guards get paid minimum wage.....they get paid to spot and stop shoplifters, not people trying to stab random people to death.

Now I have my issues with Islam, but I'd be disingenuous if I wasn't to point out that it was probably a Muslim who tried to stop and prevent this attack.

None of us should be so blinded by hate and/or our preconceived opinions that we can't recognise and acknowledge good when it happens.

The guy seems like a good example of immigration that works - at some point his family arrived on these shores and he's turned into a great addition to Britain.
It's ironic that social media is awash with 'see , Muslims are good' type posts. I find that to be rather bigoted - tuming an entire religion into the actions of one man. I doubt this man would want himself defined by his religion. Personally I define him by his acts.
Very few people have an issue with people who come into this country legally and become part of our society, whether they are Muslim or Christian, Hindu, Seikh etc.
The issue is illegal and unchecked immigration and the societal burden and risk that poses.
This man seems to be no part of that.
I think those using him as a political pawn are no better than the far-right clowns who blame Muslims for everything.

edit on 12/8/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Start a thread on it and I'll gladly contribute....but that game show has absolutely # all to do with today's stabbings.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Thats true and it was completely off topic.

I’ll remove it myself

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
It's so sad that the Uk has turned into this.

It was inevitable, and what's sadder still is that people never stopped it in the first place. Apathy has swept the land in the last few decades. Same for a lot of places. People either moaned and complained and muttered below their breath or swept any issues aside in favour of something more "acceptable". All while paying stupid prices for stupid things, soap operas and gameshows for distraction and getting take-aways and going to Tescos and IKEA to consume.

Beautiful Country, spoilt as usual by selfish and ignorant people on so many sides with a hint of Americanism just to make things more superficial.

Welcome to the human condition.

Big Ups to the Kid and Mom, thoughts with them.
edit on 12/8/2024 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I agree entirely.

People are denounced for labelling all Muslims terrorists when acts of Islamic terrorism occur - people are told you can't judge a whole religion on the actions of one person. (If only it was just one person).
So obviously the same applies to instances like this.

I'm usually pretty vocal with my criticisms of Islam and Muslims when acts of terrorism/grooming etc occur.
I just thought it would be rather disingenuous if I didn't acknowledge this guy today.

I still have my concerns regarding Islam in general.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Spot on Freeborn, this man deserves all credit due!

t.me...

Interview with the security guard who disarmed the man that stabbed an 11-year-old girl and her mother at Leicester Square in London today.

Well done Abdullah. You are a hero!

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: cherokeetroy

Everyone should take a moment to post some "offensible" content. Safety in numbers.

The risk of being arrested in England for something the thought police feel is arrestable can't be understated , MET police officers are trawling through social media according the the MET police chief , given my job I can't afford to be arrested.

If you're in another country you're probably safe but here the police state is cracking down on us.
They want this reaction , you're doing exactly what they hope for. If you remain silent , they win and you have lost your country and your freedom already.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: gortex

Everyone should take a moment to post some "offensible" content. Safety in numbers.

The risk of being arrested in England for something the thought police feel is arrestable can't be understated , MET police officers are trawling through social media according the the MET police chief , given my job I can't afford to be arrested.

If you're in another country you're probably safe but here the police state is cracking down on us.

Indeed - good advice.
It's so sad that the Uk has turned into this.
There's absolutely power in numbers. Don't let these criminals silence you for speaking up and speaking the truth! That's how dictatorships work.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Odd that they don't know the people they cowardly attacked, sounds like they had severe mental health issues and were known to authorities but weren't forcibly sectioned from initial info.

Radiogenoa is a white supremacist from Italy who regularly posts fake or misleading content and wants all non-white people deported from Europe so best to take any of their claims with a hefty pinch of salt.
'White supramacist' aka nationalist and truth speaker. How dare white people in Europe want to reclaim their nations as theirs .
Newsflash: this is all by design and going exactly to plan. They want to eliminate the west and free speech so they can bring in their 'great reset' . Look up the Kalergi plan.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Latest:

BBC News - Man stabbed girl, 11, eight times, court told
www.bbc.com...

"Ioan Pintaru, a Romanian national with no fixed address, is also charged with possession of a bladed article."
edit on 13-8-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Romanian, no fixed address, my guess is probably schizo.
We just don't take care of any of these people, merely throw them on the streets and call it care in the community.

Same as that guy in Leicester, shoulda been in a home, where its safe but instead turfed out to sink or swim.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join