It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 11 and her mother, 34, stabbed in Leicester Square , London

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The stabbing happened this morning near the TWG Tea shop in Leicester Square , the woman and child were taken to hospital where the child is said to have serious injuries but they are not believed to be life threatening thanks in no small part to Abdullah the shop's security guard who tackled stabby boy before he was arrested by police.

In an update this afternoon police have said there is no suggestion the incident is terror-related and they don't believe the suspect and the victims are known to each other making this a not terrorism random stabbing attack on a Mother and Child in one of the busiest areas of London.

More details and footage of the suspect in the video below.

edit on 12-8-2024 by gortex because: Self Censorship

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think we need to ask for the death penalty to be brought back, there is no other valid punishment for brutally murdering a child in public than a life for a life

Lets hope the mother and daughter make a full recovery from there injuries but there is the mental aspect for them to heal from also, for that i propose the scumbag that did it is tied up in public and kicked in the nuts by the mother until she feels she has justice

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

There was a stabbing in Ireland, also.

edit on 12-8-2024 by gortex because: Self Censorship

Everyone should take a moment to post some "offensible" content. Safety in numbers. What will they do, arrest the whole world?
x.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Just depressing to see this.
Firstly i hope both the woman and child are ok and can recieve the help they will need to process thuis.
Secondly I hope there is no reaction in terms of riots or violence.
Govt should clear up immediately who this man is and not leave it to speculation.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: cherokeetroy

Everyone should take a moment to post some "offensible" content. Safety in numbers.

The risk of being arrested in England for something the thought police feel is arrestable can't be understated , MET police officers are trawling through social media according the the MET police chief , given my job I can't afford to be arrested.

If you're in another country you're probably safe but here the police state is cracking down on us.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Everyone should take a moment to post some "offensible" content. Safety in numbers.

The risk of being arrested in England for something the thought police feel is arrestable can't be understated , MET police officers are trawling through social media according the the MET police chief , given my job I can't afford to be arrested.

If you're in another country you're probably safe but here the police state is cracking down on us.

Indeed - good advice.
It's so sad that the Uk has turned into this.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Just depressing to see this.
Firstly i hope both the woman and child are ok and can recieve the help they will need to process thuis.
Secondly I hope there is no reaction in terms of riots or violence.
Govt should clear up immediately who this man is and not leave it to speculation.

Or people could stop making up stuff online until the facts are known.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Odd that they don't know the people they cowardly attacked, sounds like they had severe mental health issues and were known to authorities but weren't forcibly sectioned from initial info.

Radiogenoa is a white supremacist from Italy who regularly posts fake or misleading content and wants all non-white people deported from Europe so best to take any of their claims with a hefty pinch of salt.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   
And if the government says the man is Muslim and it was ideologically motivated. What then?

More nothing?

Islam needs reform. But until islams leaders are calling for change nothing will change. What is happening is what the heads of Islam want to happen. That’s what people need to realize.

And sorry to say, Islam probably isn’t ever going to reform.
a reply to: UKTruth

edit on 12-8-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I'm continually amazed by how the violence we take for granted here in the USA, is front-page news in the United Kingdom.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I didn't share any of this person's claims, I shared a video clip and unless it's been CGI'd or AI, I think the footage speaks for itself. The point though, is the legal threat I'm supposedly facing for sharing information from any source.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

And if the government says the man is Muslim and it was ideologically motivated.

Of course that's possible.
But what about the Security Guard who tackled and dealt with the piece of #?
His name is Abdullah; I'd stake every penny I have on him being Muslim.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Athetos

And if the government says the man is Muslim and it was ideologically motivated.

Of course that's possible.
But what about the Security Guard who tackled and dealt with the piece of #?
His name is Abdullah; I'd stake every penny I have on him being Muslim.

Regardless of people views I hope this is a statement we can all agree on.

Det Ch Supt Christina Jessah from the Met paid tribute to the staff and members of the public "who bravely intervened in this incident", saying: "They put themselves at risk and showed the best of London in doing so."

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 02:56 PM
link   
And all he did was his job.

The one he is payed to do.

Do you think he would have stopped it if he wasn’t payed to do so?

a reply to: Freeborn

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
And all he did was his job.

The one he is payed to do.

Clearly I spoke to soon.

You think a shop security guard (probably minimum wage or not much more) is paid to take knife wielding
attackers outside where he works?

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Do you think he would have stopped it if he wasn’t payed to do so?

Clearly you wouldn't. Thankfully for the mother and child there was people will decency and courage there.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:01 PM
link   
What is he guarding then? What security does it bring?

Maybe, I can’t say. I wouldn’t intervene in unarmed. If I had my gun I would simply shoot the man.
If I had a bat I would attempt to cave in his head.

Other than that I can’t really say. I wouldn’t attempt to fight a man with a knife unarmed.

But if I had a stab vest and night stick I might give him go.

If I had a fire arm I would require zero thought to intervene and end the attackers life.
a reply to: BedevereTheWise

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:03 PM
link   

What is he guarding then? What security does he bring?

He is a shop security guard.

He is there to stop shoplifters.

Not deal with attempted murders.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Silly me I keep forgetting the Brit’s think just totally different. Can’t wrap their heads around the need for defence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join