It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy Rains Revealed Possibly The Oldest Dinosaur Bones Found So Far

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Come on guys, haven't you realised yet that dinosaur bones/fossils are the Devil's way of deceiving us?

The dinosaur bones turned into fossil fuel is the true evil.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Why?

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Why?

Because it be very very bad.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I suspect most fossil fuels come from decomposed plant matter. Sure, animal matter as well but proportionately definitely mainly of plant origin.

Or maybe God made it when he created the Earth but that dastardly Devil tried to interfere by placing all those 'Dinosaur' remains just to trick and confuse us?

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Warning! 😦⚠️ Creationist alert!

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Ha ha ha.

Remember when cooperton and the guys would be all over a thread like this trying to spread their creationist beliefs?
Some lively discussions.

I love reading about discoveries like this.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LollieK3

One of my favorite scenes in cinema, done so well that the first time I saw it, I was awestruck.
I love thought provoking movies, "what if" types that give you a visual of things you daydream about.

Imagine actually physically traveling back through time to the very beginning of everything. 233 million years ago is an astounding amount of time passed for us humans to ponder on, let alone BILLIONS of years!

Yet, we are here individually for just a blink of an eye in the grand scheme things. This era we are in will definitely leave a mark on this planet. But give it 233 million years from now and you won't find much that we ever existed at all. Cherish your time.

edit on 11-8-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I was a late reader. Apparently because I was not interested in Janet and John books and such.

Then I got into Dinosaurs and by seven I knew and could spell their names and my reading took off.

Though technically not a Dinosaur, my favourite was the Dimetrodon:

www.thoughtco.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe

I am curious, wouldn't there be fossil fuels there? What is exactly meant by fossil fuels and would the oldest fossils of dinasours create fossil fuels? I know that you didn't mention anything about fossil fuels but I thought it still a good question to ask. Thanks

The term "fossil fuels" doesn't have anything to do with dinosaurs.

Technically it is not fossilised, that is a different process. The two major groups of fossil fuels currently extracted, the one roughly being coal and the other gas and oil [although gas can come from coal], in terms of there sources. Coal tends to be the remains of terrestrial vegitation that did not decompose (parhaps because it lay in anoxic swamps) while coal and gas tend to have come from large sources of biotic matter in water that have come to rest on anoxic sea lake beds without fully decomposing and have subsiquently been buried under layers of sedimentary deposits. To become oil and gas they have to eventualy be burried deep into the earth, deep enough for the heating to break down the hydrocarbons into shorter chained ones that become liquids (crude oil).

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Wow, live and learn.

Shouldn't someone tell Sinclair Oil, they have a logo of a Brontosaurus. lol
edit on q00000018831America/Chicago2020America/Chicago8 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I am curious, wouldn't there be fossil fuels there? What is exactly meant by fossil fuels and would the oldest fossils of dinasours create fossil fuels? I know that you didn't mention anything about fossil fuels but I thought it still a good question to ask. Thanks

Technically it is not fossilised, that is a different process. The two major groups of fossil fuels currently extracted, the one roughly being coal and the other gas and oil [although gas can come from coal], in terms of there sources. Coal tends to be the remains of terrestrial vegitation that did not decompose (parhaps because it lay in anoxic swamps) while coal and gas tend to have come from large sources of biotic matter in water that have come to rest on anoxic sea lake beds without fully decomposing and have subsiquently been buried under layers of sedimentary deposits. To become oil and gas they have to eventualy be burried deep into the earth, deep enough for the heating to break down the hydrocarbons into shorter chained ones that become liquids (crude oil).

Thanks for splahin' the knowledge. I guess I could have looked it up but I appreciate you following up. Good to know.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Possibly because people would resonate with a vegetation-eating dinosaur instead of a fern. And perpetuating the idea that dinosaurs decayed into oil. They’re not really in business anymore, so it’s a moot point.

Sinclair Oil Corporation

Funny how they gave so much money to Benito Mussolini…

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   

It's amazing what we are so willing to believe and just simply ignore the facts, or don't bother to look them up.

And, yeah, the Mussolini thing isn't surprising when money is King.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Wow, live and learn.

Shouldn't someone tell Sinclair Oil, they have a logo of a Brontosaurus. lol

Supposedly Rockefeller coined the term "fossil fuel" to give the impression that oil was a limited resource.

That isn't true either, but it has stuck in people's minds over the years.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Thanks for splahin' the knowledge. I guess I could have looked it up but I appreciate you following up. Good to know.

I was in the business for years and picked some things up from the engineers.

A lot of them are now leaning towards the abiogenic hypotheses of hydrocarbon formation.

Too much of a subject for this topic, however.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LollieK3

Possibly because people would resonate with a vegetation-eating dinosaur instead of a fern. And perpetuating the idea that dinosaurs decayed into oil. They’re not really in business anymore, so it’s a moot point.

Sinclair Oil Corporation

Funny how they gave so much money to Benito Mussolini…

The Sinclair purchase by HEP did not include exploration and production assets owned by Sinclair Oil & Gas Co.

They are still alive and well in North Dakota.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

The article says “may have” and then doesn’t provide a single picture of the fossils.

They “may have” discovered whale bones because it’s too early to tell.

Science is like that, at least real science. That only means that the people presenting this are doing it as they should be doing it. Basically they are saying that it is more probable that these dinosaur bones are that old. But evidence is misrepresented all the time by those writing about it or summarizing it a lot and I am disturbed that they are making things appear they are more reputable than they are. I see so much of this BS in medicine and health articles....this food doubles your risk of a disease...one in a hundred thousand get the disease so two in a hundred thousand now get the disease since they eat the food...it goes the other way too, they are glorifying things that are often irrelevant all the time while avoiding the real issues..
edit on 11-8-2024 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I think it is a combination of both ways, from ancient life and also from chemical reactions created by the earth itself.

It does not have to be one or the other, both theories could be in play.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I think it is a combination of both ways, from ancient life and also from chemical reactions created by the earth itself.

I agree.

Although the older wells in North Dakota are refilling... they now estimate they can do 2M barrels a day production for about 600 years or so.

So it isn't as limited as just hydrocarbon formation coming from ancient plant life, which by definition is a finite amount.

I guess we will see...

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I agree.

Although the older wells in North Dakota are refilling... they now estimate they can do 2M barrels a day production for about 600 years or so.

So it isn't as limited as just hydrocarbon formation coming from ancient plant life, which by definition is a finite amount.

I guess we will see...

But, if it is being created by the earth, is it essential that we do not extract too much of it, it is a biologically active compound after all. Or is removing it going to make it less of a problem if quakes happen and it results in mass explosions if it is ignited? I do not have an answer for either of those questions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join