It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy Rains Revealed Possibly The Oldest Dinosaur Bones Found So Far

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hi all!

I saw this article this morning, and I found it very interesting. I thought I’d share!

One of the oldest dinosaurs ever discovered may have just been delivered by torrential downpours in the southern state of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. Palaeontologists made the discovery after heavy rain sped up the process of erosion next to a reservoir dating back to the Triassic, meaning it’s estimated to be around 233 million years old.

If the dating is accurate, this puts the animal right at the very beginning of dinosaurs. The prehistoric animals are thought to have first emerged during the Triassic at a time when all the continents were connected in one giant landmass called Pangea.

The fossil find is awaiting further investigation and publication, but a fact sheet about the discovery was shared with The Associated Press. What’s being reported so far is that it was an apex predator from the Herrerasauridae, a family of carnivorous dinosaurs that walked on two legs, and may represent the most complete of its kind ever found.

Link

Here’s the link to APNews, although there were so many ads it was hard for me to read.😂

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LollieK3

The article says “may have” and then doesn’t provide a single picture of the fossils.

They “may have” discovered whale bones because it’s too early to tell.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I mean if the paleontologists are correct, in that, the dinosaur would be from the Triassic period, then the list is not a large one: Pics at link -

South America: Buriolestes, Chromogisaurus, Coloradisaurus, Eodromaeus, Eoraptor, Erythrovenator (plus more at link)

www.extinctanimals.org...

They think it is the:

Herrerasaurus

edit on q00000021831America/Chicago2222America/Chicago8 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Did you read the AP link too?

They’ve already been tested and it’s almost a complete skeleton. Not a whale.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Better link: timesofindia.indiatimes.com... 12398287.cms

LollieK3 has link. I can't seem to fix mine even tho address is the same.

Thanks Lollie

edit on th31202400000031bSun, 11 Aug 2024 12:16:19 -05002024000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LollieK3

The claims have not been verified by other scientists or published in a scientific journal.

Are you sure?

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Getting “access denied” on my end.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Thank you!

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Thank you!

Did the link work for you?

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

The claims have not been verified by other scientists or published in a scientific journal.

Are you sure?

From the OPs source:

The paleontologists drafted a 'fact sheet'. Are they sure? I would think they have a clue. lol

The fossil find is awaiting further investigation and publication, but a fact sheet about the discovery was shared with The Associated Press. What’s being reported so far is that it was an apex predator from the Herrerasauridae, a family of carnivorous dinosaurs that walked on two legs, and may represent the most complete of its kind ever found.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I am curious, wouldn't there be fossil fuels there? What is exactly meant by fossil fuels and would the oldest fossils of dinasours create fossil fuels? I know that you didn't mention anything about fossil fuels but I thought it still a good question to ask. Thanks

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

It’s one source claiming this with no other confirmation.

Most people like others to confirm what one organization claims.

edit on 11-8-2024 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   

It’s one source claiming this with no other confirmation.

Most people line others to confirm what one organization claims.

All I am saying is that paleontologists know their stuff at least on a fundamental level within this field. This find may cause controversy among that group because it's a complicated field of study, as is anthropology. I remember gaining an interest in anthropology/paleontology after reading the book "Lucy: the beginnings of humankind" and the controversy involving that find.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 11:20 AM
link   

No, but I just looked it up. Here is the Link

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I’m not attacking any of you. I’m just pointing out it one source claiming this with no one to collaborate. I question things with one source and many articles pointing to the same source.
I’ll wait on confirmation from others not involved financially.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I’m not attacking any of you. I’m just pointing out it one source claiming this with no one to collaborate. I question things with one source and many articles pointing to the same source.
I’ll wait on confirmation from others not involved financially.

I didn't feel you were attacking, you have every right to question a source.

I was only saying that their 'fact sheet' is probably correct. I mean there are other sources of finds of this specific dinosaur, so it's not a far stretch for them to compare finds and identify it.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Do you still believe in Dinasaurs??

How about Superman?

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: xWorldxGonexMadx

Do you still believe in Dinasaurs??

How about Superman?

I believe in Superman.

manofmany.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Come on guys, haven't you realised yet that dinosaur bones/fossils are the Devil's way of deceiving us?

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 11:40 AM
link   
What does that have to do with anything? But yes, I believe that dinosaurs existed. And as far as Superman, Christopher Reeve was truly one.

a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join