It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Trump fumes, Republicans wince at ‘public nervous breakdown’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: KrustyKrab
a reply to: chr0naut

Ardern stepped down before her political term was up, in January 2023.

All lockdowns in New Zealand lasted shorter than they did in the US.

All emergency legislation has been rolled back, more than two years ago.

The current New Zealand government is a coalition of a centre-right-wing party, and two hard-right-wing parties.

While the pandemic was at its peak, I watched groups of protesters march through numerous New Zealand towns and cities in super-spreader events, waving Trump signs and flags (despite the fact that he is politically irrelevant here). These protesters revealed in those acts that they were not protesting the actual situations in New Zealand, but were radicalized by what they thought was happening in the USA through internet misinformation.

My guess is that your 'friend' from Christchurch is probably one of those who protested against mandates that weren't, and against voluntary lockdowns that they clearly never complied with, and against immunizations that were always voluntary, and that remain voluntary.
Ummm what lockdown? I wasn’t in any lockdown where I live

Are you one of those who suggest that lockdowns didn't work?

, didn’t wear a mask either except once when I had to go to the Dr.

And I suppose that you also suggest that masks also don't work?

You all on the other hand, your lockdowns and mandates were gestapo-ish.

While deaths in other countries were in the tens of thousand per week, deaths from COVID at its worst in New Zealand were in the tens (or less).

Three times New Zealand eliminated COVID from the general population (zero active cases), using nothing but masking, sanitizing and lockdowns.

After the threat to the general public in New Zealand was eliminated, the lockdowns here were stopped, fairly quickly, each time.

Is that 'Gestapo like' (in fact, was there ever any Gestapo health-related public policy?), or was it just an implementation of good public policy to protect citizens?

And after all even the 'privations' of those lockdowns, which New Zealand has survived through, are exactly the same economic consequences that have afflicted the rest of the world, with only a vanishingly small fraction of comparative per-capita death rate from COVID that other countries suffered. Think of it, you didn't lock-down, and yet suffered from the economic downturn that was supposed to be a consequence. LOL.

And no my friend isn’t a Trump fan but nice try at your usual projection. She couldn’t stand Ardern though and was thrilled to see her go bye bye.

Other NZ'ers seem to have thought Ardern did an overall good job during several particularly difficult challenges. She mentioned from the start that no matter what she decided to do about the pandemic, it was career ending for her and there were no easy options.

There are Americans who even think Trump did a good job. It seems that you are unable to comprehend opinions outside of those of your clique.

However, people around you have been getting sick and dying of an infectious disease, and your 'government/public service/health departments' did almost nothing.

Why are you even paying them - and aren't taxes mandatory?

Sounds like your 'health departments/public service/government' have you totally under their thumb, you MUST pay them, and you can't even hold them to achieving even very reasonable performance levels.

Waving a bit of coloured rag won't protect you from disease or a hail of bullets - nor will a firearm in your hand.

LOL. Freedumb and freedumber!

edit on 2024-08-12T20:16:16-05:0008Mon, 12 Aug 2024 20:16:16 -050008pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Lockdowns caused suicides. so

LOCKDOWNS DIDN'T HELP

Not only that, they remind me of how commies work stealing peoples freedom.

Some of you DO HATE freedom I believe with all my heart.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Lockdowns caused suicides. so

LOCKDOWNS DIDN'T HELP

Coronavirus: Suicide rates went down during lockdown in NZ, Australia, other countries - study

Not only that, they remind me of how commies work stealing peoples freedom.

Some of you DO HATE freedom I believe with all my heart.

Surely the country that incarcerates more of its own citizens, both in absolute numbers, and on a per capita basis, is the least-free of nations?

And note that New Zealand this year scored second most free country in the world:

Freedom Index by Country 2024

Let's be realistic about which countries 'steal' freedom.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

Notice the key words Trump uses in his posts? STOLEN, COUP etc.? He is laying the foundation for claiming another stolen election if he loses.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: Mahogani

Notice the key words Trump uses in his posts? STOLEN, COUP etc.? He is laying the foundation for claiming another stolen election if he loses.

The facts in his case are hard for leftist to accept. One day you will folks because it was 100% the truth. 100% brainwashed ass holes say it isn't so.

You can take that to the bank.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: frogs453

When I was a teenager there were no tampon dispensers in the bathrooms in girls rest rooms in school. We brought our own from home and were self reliant. There is ZERO reason to put tampon dispensers in 9 year old boys rest rooms in school.
Gender twisting nonsense.

A tampon placed over a knife wound could be life-saving. So could cling-wrap.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Tampons for a knife wound......you do know that's what First Aid kits are for......not tampons lol

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

This is actually how these people think.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join