It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Expert Incompetence"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke
I don't underestimate the Democrats at all.

If I may make a small revision to your post.
Not the "Democrats"....let's be real...it's the Uniparty we need to be wary of.....the evil is not on one side of the aisle only.
How else do you explain some of the lopsided votes in Congress?

HA! Read my posts just before this one. I typed all of that before I read your reply.

Hell, yeah, it's the Uniparty. The Demonrats just happen to be the face of it right now. Mike Johnson (whom Trump endorsed as speaker of the House) is one of the biggest cheerleaders and leaders of the Uniparty. Gives one pause ... or, at least, it should.

:
edit on 2024 8 7 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

dey some scheming MFer's. in fact i can't think of the first politician that isn't.

I can.

Ron Paul.

And I think Ben Carson would have been if he could have gotten in, but I think that he's too decent a person to be a good politician. Sad thing to say, that.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kaiju666
I’ve recently watched short clips of some Congressional hearings or whatever they are and Holy Moly. Fauci, Wray, Garland and an extreme amount of others. Nothing is answered and basically an I don’t know, I don’t have that info in front of me. Taken at face value they should all be fired because they haven’t a clue as to whom what where or when on anything. How and why do they even have a job!!!?? According to their answers they know absolutely ZERO about what is going on in their departments. That’s just the face value part. We won’t even bother with their rabbit holes.

And that, my friend, is what the title of this thread is about. That is "EXPERT INCOMPETENCE" raised to an art form.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:35 AM
link   

When people reject truth and right long enough

Well yes, I agree. However what is the ''truth'' and ''right'' that we center our beliefs on is to some of us not set in stone or in ancient books of faith, and therein lays the rub.

This uni-party we, you and I and many others here recognize exists as an outgrowth of civilization. It is how we have evolved and now what we need to face as this is the expression of how we have organized ourselves from eons ago. Without examining closely how our old ways, cultural, religious, economic etc have affected and caused us to be where we are now we will not stand a chance of averting what many of us see coming. Indeed, even now some of us recognize our endeavors are if not too late, teetering on the edge of impossibility.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Expert incompetence. How about apart from the political world.

There are now corporations that sell stuff to the public, right? They employ entertaining commercials to catch the eyes and ears of consumers. Making people feel akin to the characters in the commercial sketches. Have you noticed how so many of these commercials gear their characters to a low brow consumer using comedy and foolish behavior? Not selling up to a persons best decisions but rather selling down?

There are now professional commercial artist that deliberately create jingles that offer singers that sing out of tune or that can barely hold a note or beat in attempts to sound imperfect so that imperfect people will be attracted to the imperfections in others and buy the product.

Maybe this does not fit with what you wanted to limit your thread to but to me, it's not just political but the rot of our culture does hit us on many levels.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I cast my primary vote for Paul several times. I also liked Ben Sasse from Nebraska a lot. I found him honest and intelligent and was dissapointed that he did not continue with his political career. I also liked Dennis Kuchinch, the Democrat a lot. He sounded much like Paul but from the other side. The two of them did join up for a short while on a speaking tour if I recall correctly.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I agree with your OP, but only to an extent. I personally believe there are both types out there in the political spectrum, both "ignorant" and "expert incompetents", though I don't categorize the latter is nicely; to me they are "agent provocateurs, traitors (of the treasonous persuasion) and thieves (and I hate thieves).

The democrat party is full of both types. The ignorant just blindly follow the evil ones. In the same breath, there are some evil ones on both sides. They ALL need to go. They have no interest in America, only themselves and their selfish pursuits. They are "The Swamp".

edit on 8/7/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kaiju666
I’ve recently watched short clips of some Congressional hearings or whatever they are and Holy Moly. Fauci, Wray, Garland and an extreme amount of others. Nothing is answered and basically an I don’t know, I don’t have that info in front of me. Taken at face value they should all be fired because they haven’t a clue as to whom what where or when on anything. How and why do they even have a job!!!?? According to their answers they know absolutely ZERO about what is going on in their departments. That’s just the face value part. We won’t even bother with their rabbit holes.

Sadly, the answer to your question about why they have jobs is exactly for the reason you see in their answers. Deception. They are masters at deceiving people, and THAT is why they have jobs. They are professional liars and deceivers; they say one thing and do the exact opposite. When they are called on the carpet for these things they suddenly get amnesia and can't remember anything. This takes a pretty resolute liar to stand up to someone throwing rocks at you, day after day, and still keep telling the same lie over and over.

These people are truly "evil". The definition of evil is...

Morally reprehensible. Arising from actual or imputed bad character and/or conduct. Causing discomfort and/or repulsion. Causing harm, and marked by misfortune.

The above is a perfect description of many politicians when you think about it!

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Evil can operate because people believe it incompetence instead of malicious intent.
Makes an effective facade.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
I find it foolish to believe that some kind of spiritual battle has so precisely split the population of this nation right down the middle, ...

I find it foolish NOT to believe that we are in the middle of a spiritual battle. Evil's best weapon is making people believe it doesn't exist and therefore everything that is evil is supposedly good. And there is evil on both the left and the right.
edit on 8/7/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I 100% agree with you.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

If you'll read through my posts throughout this thread, you'll see that I said exactly that.

I pointed out that people like Biden, Harris and Ocasio-Cortez - the public-facing part of the apparatus - are probably the real idiots, blinded by their lust for power, influence and wealth. I suspect apparatchiks like Cheadle and Rowe are other active players or found themselves suddenly so deep in the crap that they are just trying to not get suicided.

The brains behind the operation are all, like the Wizard of Oz, pulling the levers and twisting the knobs behind the curtain. Rumors are that Obama is a big part of that layer. These are "educated" and "intelligent" (in a very evil way) entities who are bent on nothing more but less than destruction.

ETA: Not only that, but I also recognize that this is not a solely Democrat party problem. It is a Uniparty problem and that beast is fed by both sides of the aisle.

Furthermore, I disagree with your statement that:

They have no interest in America, only themselves and their selfish pursuits.

You are doing, to an extent, exactly what I'm trying to earn against; underestimating the enemy.

White it certainly is true of the useful idiots, the ones driving this are compelled by much darker, more sinister ideologies, seeking or the destruction of the current order and the imposition of a system that would make Society communism seem like early 18th century American liberty and capitalism by comparison.

:
edit on 2024 8 7 by AwakeNotWoke because: ETA.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The argument that truth is relative denude the ignorance (or coping, se case may be), blaming the current mess on culture and such when relativism is the the root of the problem.

There are transcendent universal truths and principles that we should all live by, established by a transcendent Creator. When we relativize our interpretation of the truth, it's like plugging random numbers into a mathematician equation; you will get wrong results every time.

And an interesting parallel to that analogy is that while there is literally am infinite number of wrong answers, there is only one correct answer.

TRUTH IS NOT NEGOTIABLE!

:
edit on 2024 8 7 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Evil can operate because people believe it incompetence instead of malicious intent.
Makes an effective facade.

Right.

Whoever said, "Don't attribute to maliciousness what can be accounted for by incompetence" clearly didn't live in early twentieth century U.S.A.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

You are not wrong, my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join