It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Expert Incompetence"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but for all the sound observations presented in this OP and replying posts I just have to laugh out loud.

One term that is quite appropriate in regards so many of the Democrats mentioned above is the term ''useful idiots'' and to this I agree. Yet there is a blindness, a remarkable blindness in with the inability to recognize that this term is just as fully descriptive of Donald Trump. Indeed, he is an idiot and in such the very tool used to incite that ''other fifty percent'' of the population.

I find it foolish to believe that some kind of spiritual battle has so precisely split the population of this nation right down the middle, yet I do not believe it to be just an accident that it has, simply because it isn't split down the middle, for, the middle IS idiocy. Idiots fall equally to which ever side of the mountain of idiocy they first glimpse when first they believe to have opened their eyes.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

I neither deny nor disregard the very real possibility that Trump is in on the game. Nor am I ignorant of the very real and detrimental existence of the Uniparty. This is precisely why I said that there is no political solution.

However, the issues you mention are beyond the scope of my OP and the original thesis behind it. Your comments are off- topic, distracting and do not add to this conversation. I am addressing assertions made in Political Moonshine's twitter post.

If you wish to discuss that side of the issue, you are certain free to start your own discussion thread.

:
edit on 2024 8 6 by AwakeNotWoke because: clarifications.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 05:18 PM
link   

You are not reading the room on this topic. Useful idiots are protected until they become a liability. Can you say with a straight face that somebody like Mendez should have not had more pressure put on him to resign? Second time he was caught under foreign bribes and his party barely put out there for him to resign? Or Swallwell with his sleeping with a Chinese spy? All rookie mistakes and yet these are the kind of people the left defends tooth & nail. The media won't touch those issues, unless they get their marching orders to the contrary. But God help a republican who does something even a fraction of that severity, you will get Wall to Wall media coverage and dems (like Swallwell) on air calling for their ouster!

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

Thank you for this respectful reply Awake. My apologies if you believe I have strayed from your topic.

One point you made and then reiterated spurred my comment though and that was your comment that you do not believe there to be a political solution to our situation.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

Maybe I have an maybe I haven't read the room Hang, however Awake has requested that I refrain from developing my thoughts here so I shall.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

... One point you made and then reiterated spurred my comment though and that was your comment that you do not believe there to be a political solution to our situation.

This is simply a fact. The Uniparty is in power. Whether DJT is a useful idiot, an inside player or a real outsider pushing for change is, at this point, immaterial. If he is an insider, he'll be allowed entrance. If he is not, he will be blocked or eliminated.

The rot is moral and spiritual. When people reject truth and right long enough, they lose the capacity to discern truth and choose what is right.

This is where western society is. No political party or political leader will extricate us from the morass that we have created for ourselves.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 05:56 PM
link   

When people reject truth and right long enough

And that right there is the nub of it yet as you pointed out earlier, not the topic of this thread.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Trump isn't trying to start a civil war. He's adamantly anti war and uses his idiot tactics to avoid conflict. He keeps saying that he would rather be friends than enemies because he knows that innocent citizens end up paying the ultimate price no matter who is morally justified in pulling the trigger. We were reminded of that fact very recently.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 06:06 PM
link   

It’s easy to think politicians are stupid when they lie about their goals.

Once you see their end result you realize they’re evil liars, not stupid.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 06:17 PM
link   

ON THE REPUBLICAN SIDE: House Speaker Mike Johnson HAS DONE NOTHING beyond playing defense. To make matters worse, on Thursday July 25th, he sent the entire House on Summer vacations, not to return until September 9th...less than 60 days before election day...and 25 days before MAIL-IN VOTING begins in some swing states!

SADLY/TRAGICALLY, the GOP in Congress are either underestimating the enemy, are lazy, or stupid, or are throwing the House and White House back to Democrats...traitors to MAGA/Trump.

WTF?

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I don't underestimate the Democrats at all.

If I may make a small revision to your post.
Not the "Democrats"....let's be real...it's the Uniparty we need to be wary of.....the evil is not on one side of the aisle only.
How else do you explain some of the lopsided votes in Congress?

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 07:06 PM
link   

You got it.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

originally posted by: DAVID64
I don't underestimate the Democrats at all.

If I may make a small revision to your post.
Not the "Democrats"....let's be real...it's the Uniparty we need to be wary of.....the evil is not on one side of the aisle only.
How else do you explain some of the lopsided votes in Congress?

Yep.
2nd

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 07:59 PM
link   

dey some scheming MFer's. in fact i can't think of the first politician that isn't.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I’ve recently watched short clips of some Congressional hearings or whatever they are and Holy Moly. Fauci, Wray, Garland and an extreme amount of others. Nothing is answered and basically an I don’t know, I don’t have that info in front of me. Taken at face value they should all be fired because they haven’t a clue as to whom what where or when on anything. How and why do they even have a job!!!?? According to their answers they know absolutely ZERO about what is going on in their departments. That’s just the face value part. We won’t even bother with their rabbit holes.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kaiju666
I’ve recently watched short clips of some Congressional hearings or whatever they are and Holy Moly. Fauci, Wray, Garland and an extreme amount of others. Nothing is answered and basically an I don’t know, I don’t have that info in front of me.

I've seen that type of behaviour before.
Like court room scenes in Mob movies and news programs. We can draw our own conclusions as to the "lack" of preparedness.
Like a doctor's office where she's flipping through her files saying we had never discussed this or that. When I knew that to be false.

Just saying

edit on Tue Aug 6 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: clarity

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

When people reject truth and right long enough

And that right there is the nub of it yet as you pointed out earlier, not the topic of this thread.

It is directly related to the topic of this thread because it is what has allowed the situation to get to where it is today. I point it out so as to make clear that I am in no way promoting any particular political position or party as a solution to the conundrum that we are in.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Trump isn't trying to start a civil war. He's adamantly anti war and uses his idiot tactics to avoid conflict. He keeps saying that he would rather be friends than enemies because he knows that innocent citizens end up paying the ultimate price no matter who is morally justified in pulling the trigger. We were reminded of that fact very recently.

I remember how before Trump took office, the little dictator in North Korea used to, every six to eight months, throw a tantrum and threaten to blow up the western world with his nukes. Every time the sitting president would capitulate, beg him to not blow us up, then give him pretty much whatever he wanted to calm him down. He extorted the western world - and especially the US - in this way for years.

Not long after Trump took office he pulled one of his little tantrums. Instead of capitulating and meeting his demands, President Trump pretty much said, "My bombs are bigger and more plentiful than yours. Go ahead, make my day."

The world went nuts. DONALD TRUMP IS GOING TO GET US ALL BLOWN UP!!!! HE'S GONNA START A NUCLEAR WAR!!!! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE AND IT'LL BE HIS FAULT, they whined and shouted. But do you remember what happened?

We didn't hear anything else from the little dictator for the next four years.

Theodore Roosevelt's foreign policy doctrine was, Walk softly and carry a big stick..

Sometimes Donald Trump's was, "Stomp around loudly and swing a big stick." Scared the lefty girly-bois, but it worked.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOS

It’s easy to think politicians are stupid when they lie about their goals.

Once you see their end result you realize they’re evil liars, not stupid.

Evil and intelligent. Evil intelligence misapplied to destructive ends, but intelligent, nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

This is what is known in the vernacular as THE UNIPARTY.

Or, as George Carlin said,

Or, if you want to be reminded of the whole discourse:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join