It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kamala IQ Check- "The Cloud" Literally "Exists Above Us"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   

ATTENTION...please read before posting further....

AND, PLEASE REMEMBER THERE IS NO MORE MUD PIT....MUD NOT ALLOWED. Just because the MUD PIT is gone, doesn't mean ATS allows muddy politics.

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.
Those who refuse to get that concept may be POST BANNED!!!
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (Redux)

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

edit on Sun Aug 4 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Aug 5 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: edited to add current PSA REDUX

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

You know, I just had to read what the cloud was to qualify her answer as anything. Yeah, that has a Jessica Simpson "buffalo wings" vibe, and truthishly, I think that's okay.

All I glean from Wikipedia is that I was also wrong. I had confused cloud storage with virtual storage.

However, virtualization is a technology that allows you to create multiple simulated environments or dedicated resources from a single, physical hardware system, and clouds are IT environments that abstract, pool, and share scalable resources across a network

Whatever that hell that means. I don't want to look up scalable resources, so I have a stereotype Cali girl answer in my mind too.

"So it's like a nebulous network of storage servers and data sharing algorithms that provide off device hosting spread out across a decentralized platform. Your data gets sent 12 different directions, and enters this computational aether that works without input of the user."

While I don't think that's above us, I can give her a pass for screwing up explaining how it leaves your physical device and enters this metaphorical aether to get stored somewhere for you in case you need a backup.
edit on 4-8-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

Remember, low speed internet is in the fog.

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong
You give her too much credit.
We live in a time where democrat congressmen actually think the island of Guam will tip over due to overpopulation.

And a US president thinks windmills give people cancer.

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 04:20 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

Meanwhile, Trump allegedly had SAT scores over 1500. Which I have read is the Penn requirement for admission, unless someone has a lot of money to throw around.

Perhaps it will be The Dunning-Kruger election? Trump has made numerous claims he is a genius. And you really shouldn't misjudge him by the spelling on his Twitter feed during the 2020 election tirades, because Einstein, Hawking, and DiVinci were all dyslexic too.

Anyone who believes Trump's claims that he's a genius is suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect themselves.

Back when Trump started college (1964), the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) was essentially equivalent to an IQ test, as was the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Most of the high-IQ societies like Mensa would admit you on the basis of SAT or GRE scores. Here is a link to an SAT to IQ conversion table:

www.iqcomparisonsite.com...

As you can see, an SAT score of 1500 from that era would have been equivalent to an IQ of about 145, or approximately the 99.9th percentile of IQ. That kind of score would have gotten you in to any University in the country.

Here's a table that shows the average SAT scores of the entering classes for a large number of US Universities in 1966 (the year Trump was admitted to Penn State):

www.gradeinflation.com...

As you can see, Penn State undergrads had an average SAT score of 1130, which equates to an IQ of about 118.

Historically, an undergraduate college curriculum was designed so that someone with an IQ between about 110 and 120 could complete a 4 year degree, if they worked at it. That IQ range is considered "bright normal". So Penn State was right in that category of being an average institution of higher education. Meaning that they were not highly selective, like Harvard, MIT, CalTech, etc.

According to Trump's sister, right out of High School (New York Military Academy) Trump went to Fordham University because "that was the only place that accepted him". That implies that he applied to more than one school but was only accepted at one. His father wanted him to go to Penn State, and that's where he ended up transferring to in his Junior year after his brother called in a favor from one of the Penn State admissions officers. If he could have gotten in to Penn State right out of High School, he would have. Today, Fordham and Penn State both have an acceptance rate of around 55%. If the acceptance rates were about the same back then, that means that one average University was willing to accept Trump based on his SAT scores and GPA, and one was not.

Put this all together and it says that Trump probably had an IQ of between 110 and 120 back when he was a young man--the upper end of the normal range. Definitely not "superior" or "genius".

Also--with regard to your comments about dyslexia--there are people who worked with Trump when he was part of The Apprentice show who claim to know that Trump was/is dyslexic. I think that's perfectly believable considering the statements from everyone who has ever worked with him that he essentially doesn't read. Certainly not for pleasure, and usually only the first page when someone gives him a briefing document. He also trips up a lot when reading from a teleprompter and often has to make multiple takes to get through a script. Also ends up making a lot of excuses when he stumbles over words; the lighting is wrong, the operator is operating incorrectly, etc. etc.

But that has nothing to do with IQ. Being dyslexic doesn't make you stupider and it doesn't make you smarter.

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Remember, low speed internet is in the fog.

It's why I hold all my farts until after I log off.

It's all about fiber.

I get it now.

It's why Kamala says Fiber Optics are so important.

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   
We’re at the same point with the same folks who claimed Biden was cognitively fine when it was blatantly obvious to the entire world he was not. Doesn’t matter what your political leaning is, obvious is obvious. Kamala is a retard.

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
What she said was, "It's no longer in a physical place." Which we know is wrong. At least, the functionally literate among us do. It's certainly above her head. Metaphorically.

It was imprecise technically. Your data may be in a physical place but is not under your control and could easily move if the company providing cloud storage is bought out or alters its storage plan.

It's definitely not definite that she's not just oversimplifying.

(post by DBCowboy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit

originally posted by: yeahright
What she said was, "It's no longer in a physical place." Which we know is wrong. At least, the functionally literate among us do. It's certainly above her head. Metaphorically.

It's definitely not definite that she's not just oversimplifying.

Hmmm...While a great source of fiber, I have trouble digesting word salad.
Could you definitely define "definitely not definite"?

Or should I ask Kamala?

If you take your attempt at trash-talking Kamala out in public over a little bit of unclarity, you will probably be laughed at. Everybody knows the cloud is commoditizing storage. It's not complicated.

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit

In addition to indigestible word salad about Venn diagrams, yellow school buses and space...Kamala just told us all that she believes that anytime data and information is stored in 'The Cloud'...it is stored "not in a physical place"...but in an actual cloud in the sky above our heads.

You're trying way too hard.

No one could think it was in a cloud above our heads.

It is clearly no longer in a storage medium which is in the user's control. That seemed to be what she was saying.

It's the way she explains things - it's clear when she talks she is actually explaining things to herself in a very child like way, desperately grappling with how the world works.
It's pretty obvious she's very low IQ.

edit on 4/8/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit

"Will my internet work if it's a clear sky?"
-KAMALA HARRIS
edit on Mon Aug 5 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (Redux)

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
a reply to: putnam6

You know, I just had to read what the cloud was to qualify her answer as anything. Yeah, that has a Jessica Simpson "buffalo wings" vibe, and truthishly, I think that's okay.

All I glean from Wikipedia is that I was also wrong. I had confused cloud storage with virtual storage.

However, virtualization is a technology that allows you to create multiple simulated environments or dedicated resources from a single, physical hardware system, and clouds are IT environments that abstract, pool, and share scalable resources across a network

Whatever that hell that means. I don't want to look up scalable resources, so I have a stereotype Cali girl answer in my mind too.

"So it's like a nebulous network of storage servers and data sharing algorithms that provide off device hosting spread out across a decentralized platform. Your data gets sent 12 different directions, and enters this computational aether that works without input of the user."

While I don't think that's above us, I can give her a pass for screwing up explaining how it leaves your physical device and enters this metaphorical aether to get stored somewhere for you in case you need a backup.

This is why I'd vote for you over Madame VP Harris. You could have the same policies, passions, and ideas but

You are also aware you aren't sure, so even in this simple unimportant discussion on the issue, but have the judgment, clarity, and humbleness to admit you aren't sure about this I ought to look it up and get a synopsis

We can admit both Harris and Trump sometimes say incredibly ridiculous things. It isn't Madame VP not knowing what the Cloud is thats bothersome, it's Madame VP pretending that she does. She describes the Cloud so eloquently and authoritatively, no doubt plenty of people believe she is being truthful and is knowledgeable about the subject.

Maybe it's because we have had 8 years of Trumpspeak and his ramblings are easily recognizable

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit

Calling Kamala an idiot is not "trash-talking"...if she really IS an idiot.

She really IS an idiot.

Please continue to ignore that fact all you want.

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 06:51 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join