It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rittenhouse talks with Trump team

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Responses should have been more tempered from the MAGA people, I don't like it, too cult like to me.

However, people do need to realize this is all about judges being appointed to the supreme court that can re-interpret the 2A. Possibly to only have the type of guns that were owned by Americans around the time 2A was written, so a six shooter pistol, and low round hunting rifles. Everything else banned and removed if Harris gets her way.
Don Trump Jr. and his buddies like his guns too much, he would talk his dad out of it, and Trump might talk about doing something but in the end he actually won't go against his base, he desires a legacy of popularity too much, to ruin it by weaking the 2A.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Responses should have been more tempered from the MAGA people, I don't like it, too cult like to me.

" Possibly to only have the type of guns that were owned by Americans around the time 2A was written, so a six shooter pistol, and low round hunting rifles. Everything else banned and removed if Harris gets her way."

At the time 2a was written there were repeat fire guns and cannons in quite a few towns.
www.rockislandauction.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

War ships, puckle guns as well.

If you read the Federalist papers the intent of the 2nd amendment is quite clear.

To be on even footing with whatever the latest military is using as to not be overtaken.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 08:25 AM
link   

A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The judges could also easily say the 2A only applies to the state Militia, as the "the people" which does not apply to all the common people to have guns.

edit on 3-8-2024 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

That's already been litigated and decided.

Militia includes "we the people" yet they are not contingent upon each other. This the predicate clause and change of verbiage.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: pianopraze

I like MAGA because it's only the left that hates the idea of making America great again.

But vote for whomever you want.

I agree that we shouldn't be like the evil left and demand Party loyalty under threat of harm.

2nd!~

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

He failed the entrance exam for the Marines so spectacularly he permanently barred from enlisting.

do you even fact check? just spreading gossip is pitiful and sad and doing the same thing you accuse others of doing.
there is no proof of why or if he is even took the test, plus there is nothing that prevents a person from taking the ASVAB test multiple times after a certain waiting period in between.

now there are reasons why you can be disqualified, some are determined in the recruiter's office before you even go to the ASVAB / MEPS or what ever else they call them now days post or back when i was a active Marine they called them AFEES and all branches went there.

a example of some are criminal record, health reasons,Not haveing a High school diploma or GED.

snopes one of the lefts favorite gossip fact finders claims it is a mixture in that he did try,

What's True

It's true that Rittenhouse attempted to join the U.S. Marines in 2020, but was "disqualified from serving after discussing his options with recruiters," according to a statement given to The Washington Post by Marine Corps spokesperson Yvonne Carlock.

What's False

There is zero verifiable evidence that Rittenhouse was permanently disqualified from serving because of a low ASVAB test score (the test can be retaken multiple times).

What's Undetermined

It's unknown how far Rittenhouse got into the enlistment process, including whether he even took the ASVAB test. Moreover, it has not been revealed what the actual reason was for his disqualification.

In a profile on Rittenhouse written less than a week after the events in Kenosha, The Washington Post reported that he had attempted to join the Marines in early 2020 but was "disqualified from serving after discussing his options with recruiters." Yvonne Carlock, the service spokesperson who talked to the Post for the story, did not explain why he was disqualified, citing privacy guidelines. Needless to say, there was no mention of a "low test score."

Snopes reached out to Carlock to confirm her statement to The Washington Post and also contacted the Marine Corps for confirmation that Rittenhouse had attempted to join the Marines and was disqualified, but as of this writing we have not received replies.

Kyle Rittenhouse 'Banned' from Marines After Badly Failing Military Entrance Exam?

even basic fact checking can help one from looking ignorant.
edit on 3-8-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
He failed the entrance exam for the Marines so spectacularly he permanently barred from enlisting.

got a link for that one?

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

That's already been litigated and decided.

Militia includes "we the people" yet they are not contingent upon each other. This the predicate clause and change of verbiage.

That is good, but just like Roe vs Wade was abandoned by conservative judges and left to the states, so can this be revisited by more liberal judges that are politically left leaning.
Harris has already said she will issue an executive order on gun control within 100 days of taking office, this will most certainly be challenged and go to the supreme court for a ruling.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
I want to yell we live in a f*ing republic every time I hear them say "our democracy".

Me too.

It's a Constitutional Republic. NOT a Democracy.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 08:59 AM
link   
If only those types posting this BS cared if all it did was prove their ignorance is hurting them and others by perpetuating the Western media's narratives chock full of lies.

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
a reply to: Threadbarer

do you even fact check? just spreading gossip is pitiful and sad and doing the same thing you accuse others of doing.
there is no proof of why or if he is even took the test, plus there is nothing that prevents a person from taking the ASVAB test multiple times after a certain waiting period in between.

now there are reasons why you can be disqualified, some are determined in the recruiter's office before you even go to the ASVAB / MEPS or what ever else they call them now days post or back when i was a active Marine at they called them AFEES and all branches went there.

a example of some are criminal record, health reasons,Not haveing a High school diploma or GED.

snopes one of the lefts favorite gossip fact finders claims it is a mixture in that he did try,

What's True

It's true that Rittenhouse attempted to join the U.S. Marines in 2020, but was "disqualified from serving after discussing his options with recruiters," according to a statement given to The Washington Post by Marine Corps spokesperson Yvonne Carlock.

What's False

There is zero verifiable evidence that Rittenhouse was permanently disqualified from serving because of a low ASVAB test score (the test can be retaken multiple times).

What's Undetermined

It's unknown how far Rittenhouse got into the enlistment process, including whether he even took the ASVAB test. Moreover, it has not been revealed what the actual reason was for his disqualification.

In a profile on Rittenhouse written less than a week after the events in Kenosha, The Washington Post reported that he had attempted to join the Marines in early 2020 but was "disqualified from serving after discussing his options with recruiters." Yvonne Carlock, the service spokesperson who talked to the Post for the story, did not explain why he was disqualified, citing privacy guidelines. Needless to say, there was no mention of a "low test score."

Snopes reached out to Carlock to confirm her statement to The Washington Post and also contacted the Marine Corps for confirmation that Rittenhouse had attempted to join the Marines and was disqualified, but as of this writing we have not received replies.

Kyle Rittenhouse 'Banned' from Marines After Badly Failing Military Entrance Exam?

even basic fact checking can help one from looking ignorant.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I do not know under what circumstances the RvW was re evaluated.

Should she choose to do that, it should be ignored by everyone.

The people, the states and certainly feds.

We have had lots of rulings and decisions to make her tyranny moot.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

yeah they just want to sling mud and and voice their left biased opinions, and act all super intelligent and superior. when it's obvious their not.

(post by JAY1980 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Then why does The Constitution guarantee a Republican form of govt?

Article IV Sec IV....

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: frogs453

But it's totally not a cult.

David Hogg is not a cult member.
Say that without cracking up 😆

MAGA had Kyle’s back when everyone was trying to kill him and put him in prison forever.
Kyle is a hero.
He is 3 for 3.
Batting 1.000 👌

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

It's just his situational awareness that still needs a bit of work....

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

I do not know under what circumstances the RvW was re evaluated.

Many States did not agree with it, so it was revisited on their behest, since the conservative states have put in very strong laws against Abortion, it has become largely a state issue now.
I also think the gun issue should be more of state issue like it already is being treated currently, if the death penalty is left up to states, so should gun control. I guess eventually the red states would get packed with gun lovers and the blue with gun haters.
The issue is Harris wants to override State rights and culture, it seems to me something like that caused a civil war last time, and if you are taking away the ability to even enter into a such conflict to choose that, the risk becomes way higher.
Also a number of Americans could just classify those that have trampled on State rights and the constitution of America as "Domestic Enemies".

I always liked Ron Paul take on all this, send it all to the States, and in the states you vote/lobby for what you want and need, that way the culture of the state is not being controlled be some people in Washington that think they know best.
If you hate your state for the laws it puts in, move like many Americans have in the last decade, for example California.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   

States also do not get to violate the rights of the people without due process.

There is no right to abortion in the Constitution like there is for arms.

Sorry

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

I don't think it was so much his "influence", I believe it was more, "we gave you a ton of money to be our poster boy" and you dared to go against us mentality. Now he realized if he does this, the trips and money dry up. They probably told him so. And the kid has no skills, education, etc.

Democrat policy in a nutshell.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join