It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rittenhouse talks with Trump team

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 06:15 AM
link   
TLDR

Rittenhouse meets Ron Paul.

Rittenhouse says he’s going to write in Ron Paul.
Video on Twitter

MAGA looses its mind. Twitter

Rittenhouse talks with Trump team. Twitter

Rittenhouse says he’s going to vote Trump.

Now I’ve been moderate, well… maybe Luke-warm, Trump supporter (I did vote for him twice) - and openly sympathetic to MAGA as they seem more Liberty minded than the RINOs. And a lot better than the current lockstep brainwashed cult of the Left (as opposed to the principled, open minded, anti-war, free thinking left of the 70’s who I respected -see George Carlin for example). MAGA had not seemed like a cult to me as they pushed back against Trump (example Trump bragging about "creating vaccine") when he had bad policies or choices.

But what I saw yesterday was disgusting and MAGA should be ashamed of itself.

It wasn’t just catturd it was most large MAGA accounts.

Kyle, a young man, discovers Ron Paul and libertarianism. Says Trump was not good on 2A, which he wasn’t, and tooooo many MAGA loose their damn minds. They, like the meme of the NPC left replacing policy positions by replacing chip in their brains, in lockstep pivot and attack the guy for calling out Trumps bad policies and saying he’s going to write in Ron Paul.

Going to vote Trump, but you all need to stop acting like the current authoritarian left and reprimand your members.

You start imitating the left and you become the evil you say you want to replace… it becomes, to quote another meme, the same picture.
edit on 3-8-2024 by pianopraze because: Picture not posting right

edit on Sat Aug 3 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edit

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 06:21 AM
link   
It is funny that the Trump campaign is so desperate for support they felt they had to spend time to convince Rittenhouse to come back into the fold.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
It is funny that the Trump campaign is so desperate for support they felt they had to spend time to convince Rittenhouse to come back into the fold.

I think it speaks well of the Trump team to speak to him.

Hopefully he’s helped and Trump will listen and be better on 2A now.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 06:24 AM
link   
There were posts now accusing Kyle of being "trans", of being an actor who was one of the Sandy Hook children, they literally went off the rails over this.

I mean I wasn't surprised but it was something to see for sure.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

But it's totally not a cult.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
There were posts now accusing Kyle of being "trans", of being an actor who was one of the Sandy Hook children, they literally went off the rails over this.

I mean I wasn't surprised but it was something to see for sure.

I was surprised.

MAGA had not acted like this that I had seen.

I follow mostly Libertarian accounts, and that’s how I saw all this unfolding. We were praising Kyle . So I’m outside looking in.

But I will agree they went "off the rails".

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I don't remember Trump being all that good on 2A, and I supported Ron Paul. However, now is not the time to waste a vote by writing in Ron Paul when Trump is our best ticket to right the ship.

I don't follow socials, but I can imagine the terrible remarks he got from his statement. The Trump team was right to reach out, as Rittenhouse does have influence on people.

(post by Euronymous2625 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

I don't think it was so much his "influence", I believe it was more, "we gave you a ton of money to be our poster boy" and you dared to go against us mentality. Now he realized if he does this, the trips and money dry up. They probably told him so. And the kid has no skills, education, etc.

edit on 3-8-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 06:37 AM
link   

a reply to: frogs453

But it's totally not a cult.

I’ve viewed MAGA as a populous movement like Tea Party, and Occupy Wallstreet - which I supported both.

Tea Party got co-opted by RINOs and Occupy got co-opted by far left.

I think there is a mass of us centrist Americans who love our country and oppose the destruction being wrought by both the left and right.

Populous movements are springing up, and MAGA is just another example, and getting co opted by people who turn it into something we don’t support.

Maybe that’s happening now, or maybe our country is becoming so ossified that there is no middle ground anymore and I am the stupid one. Sigh.

edit on 3-8-2024 by pianopraze because: Typo maybe/many

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

The Cult has already shown itself for all to see years back ...

- and what a coincidence,

it was the liberal / Demoncrat talking points being spewed

flashback

edit on 3-8-2024 by MetalThunder because: Carpe Diem

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

I want to yell we live in a f*ing republic every time I hear them say "our democracy".

No wonder they wanted to remove the pledge of allegiance - "to the Republic, for which it stands."

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
I don't remember Trump being all that good on 2A, and I supported Ron Paul. However, now is not the time to waste a vote by writing in Ron Paul when Trump is our best ticket to right the ship.

I don't follow socials, but I can imagine the terrible remarks he got from his statement. The Trump team was right to reach out, as Rittenhouse does have influence on people.

Trump signed more anti-2A laws than Obama. This is his weakest link in his Presidential record to me - other than surrounding himself with swamp monsters.

Hope he learns and gets better on both 2A and who he hires.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Rittenhouse is a nobody. The high point in his life is comitting murder and getting away with it. He didn't graduate high school. He's never held a job. He failed the entrance exam for the Marines so spectacularly he permanently barred from enlisting.

If that's who Trump is taking policy advice from, they're in bigger trouble than I thought.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Rittenhouse is a nobody. The high point in his life is comitting murder and getting away with it. He didn't graduate high school. He's never held a job. He failed the entrance exam for the Marines so spectacularly he permanently barred from enlisting.

If that's who Trump is taking policy advice from, they're in bigger trouble than I thought.

Trump is trying to get the support of Libertarians and middle America. He has a bad record on 2A. Kyle is 2A self defense poster boy.

If Kyle was guilty of murder he would have been convicted of such. So you are factually incorrect.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I like MAGA because it's only the left that hates the idea of making America great again.

But vote for whomever you want.

I agree that we shouldn't be like the evil left and demand Party loyalty under threat of harm.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I like MAGA because it's only the left that hates the idea of making America great again.

But vote for whomever you want.

I agree that we shouldn't be like the evil left and demand Party loyalty under threat of harm.

Bravo!

Both left and right need to have this attitude. Or we are going to be torn apart as a nation.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Trump signed more anti-2A laws than Obama. This is his weakest link in his Presidential record to me - other than surrounding himself with swamp monsters.

Hope he learns and gets better on both 2A and who he hires.

Okay, yeah, that's sounds a lot more like what I remember. I can't imagine him getting better on 2A since "the attempt" that nobody is allowed to discuss, which is unfortunate. I guess we'll see if, God willing, he wins. In the end, I can't imagine what Harris will do, so it can't be much worse.

We certainly have an interesting few months ahead of us. Everything is in such gray territory for this election.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Yea, it was a pretty terrible look on X.

I'm not sure what Kyle thought he stood to gain by making his decision public.

And the backlash was just as bad.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: sine.nomine

I don't think it was so much his "influence", …

The reality is both parties need the independent vote to win. Neither can win alone.

Used to be D would win as they were the majority (with I leaning more D 48% D/leanD to 39% R/leanR). Link

Now it’s a different world. D and R are equal at 27%. Elections will no longer be decided by the parties. It will be decided by us independents as we are 40+ percent.

Political independents continue to constitute the largest political bloc in the U.S., with an average of 43% of U.S. adults identifying this way in 2023, tying the record high from 2014. Independent identification has been 40% or higher each year since 2011, except for the 2016 (39%) and 2020 (39%) presidential election years. Equal 27% shares of U.S. adults identify as Republicans and Democrats, with the Democratic figure marking a new low for that party in Gallup’s trend.
Gallup

And things have also changed as for the first time since the early 90’s more independents lean R. But even with that lean they don’t have enough to win.

So both sides have to reach us independents. That is why Trump reached out to Kyle.

D are destroying themselves and need to course correct back to center. You might control the imbedded political state and all the media but you are pushing away the independent voters.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join