It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pentagon Pizza Meter

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 03:37 AM
link   
There's a theory that major world events can be predicted by how busy pizza places in DC are on a given night. The theory was put forward by Frank Meeks, owner of numerous Domino's franchises in DC, in January 1991. At that time, Meeks said his busiest delivery night was August 1, 1990. This was the day before Iraq invaded Kuwait. He said that the orders usually come in late, after 8 or 9. The assumption being that because something is going down, people at the Pentagon/White House/etc are working late.

Now, when Meeks first proposed his theory he was able to tell by the number of pizzas being delivered. Word is that the government has changed their protocol for these late night pizza orders and now the pizzas have to be picked up in person and they have to diversify the restaurants they get them from. However, with Google able to show when a restaurant is busier than normal, people have turned to monitoring pizza places near the Pentagon on there for signs something may be going down.

While I don't think anyone has officially researched the Pizza Meter to confirm or deny its validity, there was a spike in late night pizza orders a few months ago when Iran launched a drone strike on Israel.

Over time, the theory has been further refined with the Gay Bar Index. Apparently gay bars in DC noticed a drop in the business before major events.

The reason I bring all of this up is because pizza places in DC saw a spike in activity around 10 pm last night while the gay bars were practically empty.

I'm not making any guarantees, but there is the chance we hear about the war in Gaza growing beyond those borders in the next day or so.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

I was prepared to do my usual thing of ripping apart your recent bout of regurgitated propaganda.

...but

This being ATS, I'm fairly sure this is exactly where this story belongs.

Also the hilarity that our nations war-o-meter is pizza and gay bars....

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 03:51 AM
link   

This reminded me of the theory of "Freakonomics".

I think it is quite likely that certain macro events can be predicted based on seemingly unrelated, and otherwise, mundane, data.

Iran has threatened to retaliate, directly, against Israel for the recent assassination. Other than ballistic missiles, I'm not sure what assets Iran could bring to bear.

And a ballistic missile attack, launched from Iran itself, would very likely be answered in kind, relatively speaking, by Israel.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 05:17 AM
link   
How dare you!

We ALL know any pizza related conspiracies in DC are strictly verboten here at ATS!

And golly, you have the cajones and chutzpah to include Gay Bars?!

Sheesh.

All joking aside I like this thread you bear here.

Interesting times.

(post by network dude removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 05:54 AM
link   
So what are you saying, most men in the US government are pizza loving homosexuals?

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 05:55 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

In general, more signs that ATS is dead in a practical sense when rudder-less nonsense thrives.

(This above statement is testament to that.)

I distinctly remember, like it was yesterday, when UFOs were nothing but figments of otherwise idea or bored minds.
Now look, a world war is baring down on us, the NWO is ready to pounce, and we hold that Taylor Swift is the neatest thing. Surely, we are not worth the gunpowder.... Is our only hope a redo?

--Sometimes the morning is not refreshing as it should be.

edit on 3-8-2024 by CosmicFocus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicFocus

Eh, let’s hope for cooler and more informed heads.

Not entirely sure I follow but I sense nihilism.

Checks out going into ‘25.

But yeah, sometimes the mornings smells like napalm.

edit on 3-8-2024 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I'm not making any guarantees, but there is the chance we hear about the war in Gaza growing beyond those borders in the next day or so.

As ridiculous as using Pizzas for the Metric of happenings in DC is ...... It kinda makes sense.

Something is about to happen in Iran . That is my feelings.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I find it pretty ironic that the federal government has like fifty trillion dollars worth of technology, personnel, and infrastructure for predicting everything from the economy to the price of rice in China, yet the biggest indicators of World events is pizza places, Waffle House and gay bars.

How does Waffle House fit in, you ask? Waffle House is notable because of the "Waffle House Index" which turns out to be an excellent data point in predicting of hurricane damage and assessing recovery times from the same.

Waffle House Index

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The pentagon can't afford to have it's own pizza kitchen and Gay bar?

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I find it pretty ironic that the federal government has like fifty trillion dollars worth of technology, personnel, and infrastructure for predicting everything from the economy to the price of rice in China, yet

... apparently can't feed itself?

While the whole premise of gauging Pentagon activity by pizza orders might seem laughable, it should raise some eyebrows if true. If us lowly Google warriors can scrape up that kind info, so can enemy states.

The Pentagon could be equipped and staffed to literally feed an army 24/7, and that wouldn't even be a blip under the miscellaneous section of the defense budget.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That’s fascinating! I lived in a hurricane-prone area for over 30 years. Wish I had known this then!

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: gb540

Odds are if something big is going down that requires the Pentagon to work into the night, are enemies know about it as well. The only ones that are kept in the dark are us plebs.

As for having food available around the clock, the Pentagon outsources food prep. So there's nothing there government can do to keep those employees working beyond their agreed upon hours.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Why isn’t it the Pentagon Cocktail Meter?

Asking for a curious friend.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You would likely be proud to know that the Waffle House franchise is HQ'd near Nashville TN, and is in a community type corporation. One that experiences major Tornado's there. Bottom line the Waffle House Corp has experienced some bad storms at their own homes and accept the challenge as good Christians they are. My Step Mom retired from the corporate office. When I lived in Nashville I had a rule of not going anywhere near "Rivergate" if a storm front is passing. Big ones would start there and go for over a hundred miles. One of two regular paths for Tornado's around Nashville. I moved to a spot NW of Nashville for a while where huge "hollers" and creek gorges as much as several hundred feet of change in a few feet were between me and bad weather. My meteorologist buddies thought I was kidding when I said none ever hit there, but Nat Geo had a story on where they have ever occurred since like 1905 and you could see the hole in my area NW of Nashville was a safe haven. Tobacoo country.

Yes on the pizza oven at the Pentagon. Gay bar,, meh!

edit on 3000000433120248America/Chicago08am8 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Oh my gosh, what will we do????

A spike in pizza sales on a FRIDAY night!!!!!! OH the horrors!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gb540

Dunno. I'm just going off the story in the OP. Having worked at the Pentagon, I can attest to what you are saying as being true, but I don't think the OP was necessarily referring to the Pentagon (only). I think they were referring to other government offices (i.e. not the Pentagon).

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

Oh my gosh, what will we do????

A spike in pizza sales on a FRIDAY night!!!!!! OH the horrors!!!

I guarantee you Foreign Policy Decisions have been made for less .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join