It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, Russia agree to prisoner swap to release Evan Gershkovich, Paul Whelan and others

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

It's almost like geopolitics is complicated.

Says the propagandist who boils everything down to "orange man bad."

The closer we get to the election, the more your mask slips.

And boy am I here for it!

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

Good to have these people back, welcome home Americans!

I wonder what Putin got for this, seems some Germans were released as well. I also wonder why Putin didn't wait to release them after Trump wins, as Trump was saying just two months ago:

Gershkovich "will be released almost immediately after the Election, but definitely before I assume Office," Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, wrote in a post to his Truth Social platform. "He will be HOME, SAFE, AND WITH HIS FAMILY. Vladimir Putin, President of Russia, will do that for me, but not for anyone else, and WE WILL BE PAYING NOTHING!"

And if that is true what Trump said, why didn't Putin release Whelan before the last election, why wait until this one? Whelan has been wrongfully imprisoned for 5 years now.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 02:13 PM
link   
ENOUGH of the OFF TOPIC

Here is the title......notice The Ukraine and Trump are not mentioned in the title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

US, Russia agree to prisoner swap to release Evan Gershkovich, Paul Whelan and others

AND, PLEASE REMEMBER THERE IS NO MORE MUD PIT....MUD NOT ALLOWED. Just because the MUD PIT is gone, doesn't mean ATS allows muddy politics.

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.
Those who refuse to get that concept may be POST BANNED!!!

YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

edit on Thu Aug 1 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Fox is reporting the main guy Russia wanted was being held by the Germans for murder. Lots of moving parts here. So I wonder what Germany got to finally give that guy up.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   

a reply to: burntheships

Why didn't Trump do anything to get Whelan out when he was President?

Cuz Whelan had nothing that would benefit Trump.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

What’s interesting is Putin's sudden willingness to do Harris a favor now, it speaks to who Putin thinks is a better future POTUS for his interests.
Putin can do as he pleases with Kamala as president. Just as he’s done with Biden.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain
Fox is reporting the main guy Russia wanted was being held by the Germans for murder. Lots of moving parts here. So I wonder what Germany got to finally give that guy up.

Germany had 5 of their people released.

Rico Krieger, Kevin Lik, Demuri (Dieter) Voronin, Herman Moyzhes and Patrick Schoebel.

In all, the West had 24 people released.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

What’s interesting is Putin's sudden willingness to do Harris a favor now, it speaks to who Putin thinks is a better future POTUS for his interests.
Putin can do as he pleases with Kamala as president. Just as he’s done with Biden.

I'm thinking the other way.

I think things are going to get much worse between us, and this may be the last opportunity to exchange some people.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

originally posted by: Vermilion

I'm thinking the other way.

I think things are going to get much worse between us, and this may be the last opportunity to exchange some people.

Putin has been rolling Biden and Harris since they’ve been in office.
Why stop now?
Putin is an opportunist.
Putin knows he gets the short end of the stick with Trump in charge.
We all know it.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

Wow!

Personal Disclosure: Until we find out what the other side of the deal is, I think that people [aka my fellow ATS members] should hold their tongues/texts
... as not all deals are worth the cost ok!

What did this deal cost us in the west eh?

[snipped]

edit on Thu Aug 1 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: please see mod note above on this page
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
It is always good when innocent hostages are repatriated to the US. I am certain all families will be thrilled.

President Joe Biden spoke individually with the leaders of Turkey, Norway, Poland, Slovenia and Germany on Thursday to “thank them for their partnership” in the historic prisoner swap with Russia, according to the White House.

That was from a CNN article.
Arent these conversations public or historical record or something? Isnt that why like every letter and phone call by Trump was out in the media? Can a FOIA be issued for these records? I will put all kinds of money down Biden is not speaking to these individuals, and then we can get the staff for perjury of whoever wrote that tripe and continue to peel back the onion of festering rot. And that is assuming there ever was any calls. More certain this was backdoor intel community on orders from foreign heads of state as a hail mary for the DNC puppet regime.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
The Russian government is pretty much known for using U.S. citizens as bargaining chips, this actually favors Russia.

once again the D's made a bad international deal in our name!

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 05:05 AM
link   
A german news report says:

"The exchange raises relevant questions"
Link (German)

Yep, i have got a few of those questions:

Why is it possible to negotiate successfully with Putin here and not be able to do so in the Ukraine war show? We are always being told that you can't negotiate with Putin when it comes to Ukraine because you can't rely on deals with Putin. Hasn't this negotiated exchange of prisoners clearly proven the opposite, i.e. that it is possible to negotiate and deal with Putin after all?

Why was a young german named Rico Krieger exchanged, who put himself in the service of ukrainian secret services and carried out terrorist attacks against civilians (explosives attacks on passenger trains) in Belarus? The story:

"On June 21, the court of the Minsk region sentenced the German Rico Krieger to death, as reported by Belarusian opposition media. The text of the verdict is not known. However, the exile portal Zerkalo.io writes that Krieger was charged with "mercenarism, terrorism, illegal use of weapons and explosives, damage to transport infrastructure, participation in an extremist group and secret service activities".

Rico Krieger, 30, automotive mechatronics technician, worked as a security guard at the US embassy in Berlin from 2014 to 2017, then as a nurse, according to his Linkedin page. He is said to have worked as a paramedic for the German Red Cross since 2021 and applied for a job in the USA in 2023. He presented himself "as an extremely universal person with a strong drive for further education and many talents and skills"."

Next question is, why wasn´t Jan Marsalek (Wirecard/Cum Ex/Cum Cum) exchanged? Ok, this one is simple to be answered. If he would talk Olaf Scholz (among many others) would go to prison for many, many years.

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter2

The reason why there's no negotiating on Ukraine is because we know Putin's demands and they're unreasonable.

If he truly wanted to negotiate in good faith he could pull his troops back to the Russian border and call for a ceasefire.

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Mark my words...the Biden administration and the Gotham Giggler will make these released US prisoners out to be the most important people on planet Earth, absolutely critical strategic assets and national treasures!!! Don't be surprised when the White House rolls out the red carpet for them and gives them a heroes welcome like the greatest people to have graced the human race since jeezus himself. They will be awarded medals of both Honor and Freedom...and even have libraries built in their names.

Why??? Because this is ALL they have to show as accomplishments. Oh, and never mind that 747 over there which they're loading pallets with billions of US dollars in cash which is bound for Iran and every other enemy of the US (which was all part of the deal). BTW...did you know we've done away with Chemtrails?? Yep, now we're just going to send out thousands of aircraft which spray out US $100 bills...instead of chemicals! Chemtrails is now "Dollartrails".

Joy, Happy, Joy-Joy! Mark this day as a National Holiday from this day forward.

Let the celebrations begin!

(Too cynical???)

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 06:10 AM
link   

They had a 40 mile long convoy headed straight to the heart of Kyiv in the first days of the war. Except they're terrible at logistics and damned thing ran out of fuel in the worst possible spot and it became a shooting gallery for Ukraine.

If you don't think that convoy was deployed with the intention of taking Kyiv and ending the war quickly, you're delusional.

Where are you getting your "news"? I have an issue with trusting liars that we have busted lying to us repeatedly in the media They are still trying to make us believe tons of their Bullie pulpit BS!!!

Tons of it.
SO, Who are you trusting to tell you "facts"? Otherwise it is BS 100% and it still may be something coming from a rear part of your body.

edit on 2000000193120248America/Chicago08am8 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 06:16 AM
link   

a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

It's almost like geopolitics is complicated.

Well, you almost get it then we could surmise. Almost.....

Trump was not going to give away a damn thing to Fat boy from N Korea, from Putin or Xi. He was taking stuff back for the US citizens.

You are trying to take it all away with lies that we "ain't buying".

Truth wins out with me.

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 06:23 AM
link   
On that Chemtrail issue.

I saw where states are banning chemtrails. I talked with some folks I know doing work in my field of work and they think this is silly BUT, looks like there will be some testing that is going to try to prove once and for all that they exist or don't.

Let us see! I am curious. I mentioned a few weeks back to a meteorologist when he asked me while we were chatting about how they could even prove it without a lot of money.. I had one idea and let's see if they take it...Get a sniffer in a plane and follow some trails to see what is coming down. I am fine with someone proving it one way or another. The truth should be told whatever it is in matters like this. Environmentalist like me should also want to know. None I know would cover it up but that depends on how high in the EPA they are, I suppose.

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Mark my words...the Biden administration and the Gotham Giggler will make these released US prisoners out to be the most important people on planet Earth, absolutely critical strategic assets and national treasures!!! Don't be surprised when the White House rolls out the red carpet for them and gives them a heroes welcome like the greatest people to have graced the human race since jeezus himself. They will be awarded medals of both Honor and Freedom...and even have libraries built in their names.

Why??? Because this is ALL they have to show as accomplishments. Oh, and never mind that 747 over there which they're loading pallets with billions of US dollars in cash which is bound for Iran and every other enemy of the US (which was all part of the deal). BTW...did you know we've done away with Chemtrails?? Yep, now we're just going to send out thousands of aircraft which spray out US $100 bills...instead of chemicals! Chemtrails is now "Dollartrails".

Joy, Happy, Joy-Joy! Mark this day as a National Holiday from this day forward.

Let the celebrations begin!

(Too cynical???)

edit on 2000000553120248America/Chicago08am8 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

So when they were still imprisoned it was a failure of Biden's foreign policy but now that they're free it's not important at all?

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

Nope. Give it a rest. You don't and won't get it because it doesn't fit your programming. We see it, you know it and it simply means the Trump way is better. Not because I say so, or Cowboy does, but because the facts say so boldly.

"1984" : the news tries to get you to not believe what your eyes are seeing. you must believe the narrative.

The plan is "Rules for Radicals". I suspect you have it memorized as good as I do by now. It is their takeover plan on paper. Alinsky of U of Chicago wrote it and Hillary knows it by heart too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join