It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Calls for End to Social Security Tax on Seniors

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
The following are explicitly codified as rights under the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, but are not considered as rights in the United States:

- The right to remedy
- The right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty
- The right to freedom of movement
- The right to asylum
- The right to a nationality
- The right to family
- The right to social security
- The right to desirable work and trade unions
- The right to rest
- The right to an adequate living standard (health, housing, and food)
- The right to education
- The right to culture

Wow that was silly.
What snowflake came up with that?
Someone who doesnt' live in the real world, that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: lilzazz

Guess what the main topic of conversation is at most of the senior centers? What will trump do to medicare/medicaid"

The big talk is what Trump will do to enhance Medicare and Medicaid, and hope Democrats in Congress are in favor. 😃

trump won't enhance medicare and medicaid if he follows the GOP protocals. RATES will in fact go up....!!!

healthnews.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Regardless of what Trump calls it, if the tax being collected by the government is less, but if the handouts, tax breaks and other things the government pays-out for are the same or even more, then the government will just run out of money.

a reply to: chr0naut

No, that is wrong.
What happened when Trump gave a tax cut to every tax bracket;
Money was repatriated and invested in the USA
The economy grew faster than expectations
The job market grew more jobs than expected
Inflation remained low, tax renenue went up

Tax Cuts: They said it wouldn't happen, but it did: The money companies stashed overseas to protect them from high U.S. corporate tax rates is flooding back in, boosting growth, jobs and confidence in the economy. Thank the Trump tax cuts.

Trump tax cuts

According to the nonpartisan Tax Foundation, the TCJA reduced effective tax rates “for all income groups in 2018.” Because we have a progressive tax system, high earners pay the highest rates and received the largest rate reductions. However, lowering rates for a group of taxpayers does not necessarily reduce their share of the tax burden.

Americans want to be taxed less, Trump delivered
edit on 5-8-2024 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

He did. He tried. Just like the insulin Joe and Kamala take credit for. Trump does not want to cut medicare and medicaid for old people. He wants to trim wasteful spending and fraud.

Lin k

As far as Social Security, it is crazy they would make you pay taxes on taxes you paid...
edit on 852024 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I am on SS , and I Paid Taxes into it for 50 Freakin' Years Now . No Feds , It My God Damn Money Earned by the Sweat of my Brow and the Gile in my Work Ethic so Eff the Hell Off Already ! No Taxes on SS ? Great Freakin' Idea by Mr. Trump . He's Got My Vote , and About Freakin' Time Too !

Glad to hear it.
Plus, we all know how wasteful our government is with our tax dollars. The waste is never ending, this has just come out regarding the phony inflation reduction act.

“We’ve really been digging into who is getting these massive amounts of grants through the EPA. There's $3 billion in the Inflation Reduction Act, the IRA, that will go for different climate buckets. And in our investigation, we found that a lot of this money that’s going out really has little to do with the environment and a lot to do with funding groups that are basically engaged in what I characterize as anti-American activities. They’re anti-American, anti-Semitic, anti-Israel, anti-police and anti-border security.”

Worth the time to read, very short. Our government does not need to tax us as much as they do. The waste and abuse of our tax dollars is astounding.
edit on 5-8-2024 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: xuenchen

He did. He tried. Just like the insulin Joe and Kamala take credit for. Trump does not want to cut medicare and medicaid for old people. He wants to trim wasteful spending and fraud.

Lin k

As far as Social Security, it is crazy they would make you pay taxes on taxes you paid...

These leftist are afraid of the good times Trump brought doing the hand over their ears going "lalalalalala" and hands over their eyes going "I don't see it", and keeping their mouths shut when they know the real truth.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Guess what the main topic of conversation is at most of the senior centers? What will trump do to medicare/medicaid"

The big talk is what Trump will do to enhance Medicare and Medicaid, and hope Democrats in Congress are in favor. 😃

trump won't enhance medicare and medicaid if he follows the GOP protocals. RATES will in fact go up....!!!

healthnews.com...

WHAT! Why are you mis-reading?? 😃

This is from YOUR little article:

Despite claims Trump will cut Medicare, Trump and Republicans say they will not cut any funding from Medicare. The Republican platform headed by Trump states, “We vow to strengthen Medicare for future generations.”

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   

healthnews.com...

RATES are way up since Jan 2021. 😊 Just like everything else since Jan 2021.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Anything not mentioned specifically in the COTUS and bill of rights is assumed to be a right in the US.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe

Regardless of what Trump calls it, if the tax being collected by the government is less, but if the handouts, tax breaks and other things the government pays-out for are the same or even more, then the government will just run out of money.

No, that is wrong.
What happened when Trump gave a tax cut to every tax bracket;
Money was repatriated and invested in the USA
The economy grew faster than expectations
The job market grew more jobs than expected
Inflation remained low, tax renenue went up

Tax Cuts: They said it wouldn't happen, but it did: The money companies stashed overseas to protect them from high U.S. corporate tax rates is flooding back in, boosting growth, jobs and confidence in the economy. Thank the Trump tax cuts.

Trump tax cuts

According to the nonpartisan Tax Foundation, the TCJA reduced effective tax rates “for all income groups in 2018.” Because we have a progressive tax system, high earners pay the highest rates and received the largest rate reductions. However, lowering rates for a group of taxpayers does not necessarily reduce their share of the tax burden.

Americans want to be taxed less, Trump delivered

Oh yeah, like all the auto industry moved production capacity from Mexico to inside the USA? Nope. They closed plants left right and centre under Trump. Steel production? Nope.

Here's a chart of US Industrial Production Click on the '10 year' link to see how Trump performed in getting production back into the US, in real terms.

The assumption that the USA had almost limitless wealth sequestered overseas and not in the country, was a lie, the amount stored overseas and recoverable was limited. This is demonstrated in the graph of recovered debt over time where despite the peak in repatriated wealth in 2018-2019, the trend was decidedly downward from there. There just wasn't a sustainable amount there and the repatriation after its initial peak, dried up quickly. It was a one-off.

An additional point is that if this economic miracle had actually occurred, why did the US fall into recession in February 2020? Surely they should have been the most cashed-up and resilient at that time?

And what of the view from the countries strip-mined of US capital? Do you think they will accept future US investment in their projects now that it has been pulled? Nope, that door has now been firmly closed. The one-off money-grab has damaged future US venture capital overseas.

In short, Trumponomics has been bait and switch, with deceptive statistics disproven by the subsequent economic woes.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 03:59 PM
link   

JFC. If it's written on the prompter, you read it and believe it.

Trump couldn't control how other countries operated in response to his actions and intentions. Which includes manufacturing and steel production.

Why you decide to opine on subjects that are way beyond your intellectual competence is beyond me.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Anything not mentioned specifically in the COTUS and bill of rights is assumed to be a right in the US.

That isn't even a rational argument.

How could anyone ratify a vague assumption? What about others who may assume something quite the opposite? How do you adjudicate between them?

How could an undocumented right provide any protection under the law?

Assumptive rights, simply aren't. They have to be codified to have any legal force.

As a thought experiment, suppose someone were to assume that they have a right to fabulous wealth, or negative taxation, simply because they exist. Could they prosecute the government, IRS and the banks for infringing their assumptive right?

Assumptive rights are pseudolaw nonsense.

edit on 2024-08-05T16:54:51-05:0004Mon, 05 Aug 2024 16:54:51 -050008pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

JFC. If it's written on the prompter, you read it and believe it.

I can see the data from the US Government's own sources, and can compare that with similar data collated by numerous international organizations.

And the fact that the USA went into recession in Feb 2020 is an indication that the Trump economic miracle just did not occur.

Trump couldn't control how other countries operated in response to his actions and intentions. Which includes manufacturing and steel production.

He couldn't even control those things within the US.

After 4 years of Trump's administration, things were, on average, measurably worse for the people of the USA than when he was first elected.

Why you decide to opine on subjects that are way beyond your intellectual competence is beyond me.

Why are Trumpers not looking at immediately before and immediately after economic data, and instead are looking at a couple of isolated and non-synchronous peaks that occurred momentarily in the economic fluctuations during the administration?

Trump’s Final Numbers

edit on 2024-08-05T16:53:49-05:0004Mon, 05 Aug 2024 16:53:49 -050008pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I was here.

I lived it.

So did everyone I know.....

But keep reading the governments own sources on how they are doing you absolute midwit.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: norhoc4

They should not be taxed. A person receives a wage for being a server and that is taxed. There is no way to track all tips.

An optional payment designated as a tip, gratuity, or service charge is not subject to tax. A mandatory payment designated as a tip, gratuity, or service charge is included in taxable gross receipts, even if the amount is later paid by the retailer to employees.

You should pay taxes on tips since it is a WAGE!! Give me a freaking break! I know people who make more on tips than I do working a job that takes freaking skill. Dont want to be taxed on your tips get a real freaking job!

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I was here.

I lived it.

So did everyone I know.....

But keep reading the governments own sources on how they are doing you absolute midwit.

And when your tax was reduced, and your wages went up, did you notice how everything got more expensive afterwards?

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Compressing the timeline doesn't magically change history....

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Compressing the timeline doesn't magically change history....

Trump boasts the economy reached historic heights during his first term. Here are 9 charts showing how it stacks up to the Obama and Bush presidencies.

The debts, that other countries had moved to 'call-in' due to Trump's abandoning of previous agreements, had been accumulating for more than a decade.

And Trump's boasts were about things he could not have achieved at the time. Like for instance his claiming of improving economic statistics after his election but before he assumed office. It fits right in with his ignorance of how money works (also exemplified in the string of his failed business ventures).

And now, after the fact, we can see he was running his businesses like a long-game Ponzi scheme, calling for increasing loans to pay off previous ones, making it appear that he was liquid when he was loosing his inherited income steadily for years: The story of Trump's business career: Giant windfalls that he blows on bad investments.

And he also made a lot of false claims: What Did Donald Trump Accomplish for American Manufacturing?.

For some measurements, the Trump era economy was a continuation of trends set up under previous administrations. For others, he simply tanked. For some things he did, there were improved stats. Overall, though, his 'big picture' policies didn't work, so he kept advertising the few that showed any positivity, and ignored or outright lied about the rest.

So, you may think that economic changes are miraculous in source and instantaneous in action, but they aren't. They take time, as reflected in the time frames of economic changes and their observed subsequent consequences.

edit on 2024-08-05T19:30:59-05:0007Mon, 05 Aug 2024 19:30:59 -050008pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join