It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Calls for End to Social Security Tax on Seniors

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 03:51 PM
link   
First, it was not tax on tips. I like it. I have worked in the food service industry and it should not be taxed. Now, Mr Trump is going after taxes for those on Social Security.

Link

Prior to 1984 they were not taxed on these monies. They should not be. You are taxing a tax they paid into.

Currently, if you are single and your combined income (i.e., your Social Security income plus an outside job) exceeds $25,000, you may have to pay the standard income tax rate on up to $12,500 of your annual Social Security income. If you are single and your combined income exceeds $34,000, you may have to pay the standard income tax rate of up to 85 percent of that $34,000. The thresholds are only a little higher for a joint income: $32,000 and $44,000. Not only is ending the Social Security tax a good idea, but it’s a smart play on Trump’s part for senior voters.

Policies, not twerking, will win this election. I have still not heard one thing Kamala has said she will do.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

You should absolutely be taxed on tips, it is income. If you say no tax on tips then no one should be taxed on income. I am for no income tax and am sick of all these carve outs for specific people

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc4

They should not be taxed. A person receives a wage for being a server and that is taxed. There is no way to track all tips.

An optional payment designated as a tip, gratuity, or service charge is not subject to tax. A mandatory payment designated as a tip, gratuity, or service charge is included in taxable gross receipts, even if the amount is later paid by the retailer to employees.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I’m for no taxes on social security. It already is a pseudo tax to begin with as you’re not even necessarily getting what you paid out anyways.

But dropping a tax on tips could create a culture where tips are expected in areas they shouldn’t be. Tip culture is already getting out of control imo.

Why should I tip a cashier? Why should I tip other positions where someone is literally doing the job they’re paid to do?

TIPS is actually an acronym, To Ensure Prompt Service. It used to be paid in advance to incentivize a server to give you a little more attention.

I’ve even seen places in airports where I use a touchscreen and am charged a mandatory gratuity. For what? So you can have already inflated prices on a tag and then hit me with an up charge before I swipe?

I don’t want to see anymore of that. I don’t like hidden surcharges and can assure there will be a lot more of that so companies can be sneaky and put their payroll on us at the time of transaction.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I just hope this is first form Trump.

Ending the fed and abolishment of the income tax being the final.

...too much to ask?

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: norhoc4

They should not be taxed. A person receives a wage for being a server and that is taxed. There is no way to track all tips.

An optional payment designated as a tip, gratuity, or service charge is not subject to tax. A mandatory payment designated as a tip, gratuity, or service charge is included in taxable gross receipts, even if the amount is later paid by the retailer to employees.

Ohh there will be, there will be……..

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc4

You should absolutely be taxed on tips, it is income. If you say no tax on tips then no one should be taxed on income. I am for no income tax and am sick of all these carve outs for specific people

WAIT

The IRS says I can accept gift's from anybody. I recall it being a lot of money compared to a tip. Truly, a tip is a gift to you and gifts under 10,000$ should never ever be taxed.

edit on 31000000473120247America/Chicago07pm7 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp
I just hope this is first form Trump.

Ending the fed and abolishment of the income tax being the final.

...too much to ask?

Great question that needs an answer!

Nope, it is the Ron Paul version of the school of economics that Trump is following. Common sense in fact if you study it from the math and not from the "feels like" part of your brains.

edit on 31000000483120247America/Chicago07pm7 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Trump isn’t even close to the Ron Paul platform.

He’s not even closer to it than most Republican politicians.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Trump isn’t even close to the Ron Paul platform.

He’s not even closer to it than most Republican politicians.

Sure he is. You are smart enough to remember Paul. I have heard Trump talking EXACTLY like Paul accept he also wants to charge these folks with Crimes they have committed. Ron Paul and his son have not tried to deliver after the R's stole the primaries for no name McCain. They stole it and by the time Ron Paul had proven the early states were stolen, the nation thought he was out and he never recovered from the lies about the 1st three primaries.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Baby steps Stinky.

He just went to the BTC conference and is also working on axing taxes, this one being new.

Lets see how this plays out.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Almost none of Trumps policy has lined up with Ron Paul.

Cutting taxes is a small part of Ron Paul’s vision.

Ron Paul wanted to End the Fed and the perpetual debt structure that causes inflation.

Trump only talks about cutting taxes, which is great if you reduce spending or change the mechanisms which create debt.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

I don’t just trust what politicians say, I look at their track record.

He’s done about the polar opposite the kind economic agenda I seek.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yep, I agree.

Yet, the changes we want, responsible fiscal policy and reduction of debt, don't happen overnight nor do they get people into office.

As I said, baby steps.

And there's also the possibility im just wrong here, yet the direction is promising.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

I don’t just trust what politicians say, I look at their track record.

He’s done about the polar opposite the kind economic agenda I seek.

Track record, then you would have to love Trump. Almost no ship failed to rise when the Trump Tide rolled in. It was purely physics too for me. The plan was genius AND he got the DS players to come out and show us who is who.

edit on 31000000453120247America/Chicago07pm7 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 05:51 PM
link   

If you spend more than you pull in, you go into debt, and that debt grows exponentially. Soon we’ll be paying more towards interest than most expenditures.

At no point under trumps admin were we taking in more than we spent.

Tax cuts come after spending cuts or you incur more debt. Then you pay towards inflation.

edit on 31-7-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I mean, there's not going to be anything to tax when Trump guts Social Security.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

You should post that in the LoL forum....

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Also, Service industy workers love how Trump will make their tips Tax Free!

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
I mean, there's not going to be anything to tax when Trump guts Social Security.

what about when he kills all the dems, I bet that puts a damper on your plans.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join