It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stranded relationship over US politics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong
It must be some kind of bad force infecting sanity , sad to hear that you've to endure this too

Someday they see , hopefully not in a pile of rubble than it's a bad day for a " I told you so"
Thanks

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 08:15 AM
link   
CNN and MSNBC are the leading cause of TDS. It's really just poison. Pure hate fuel.

Good luck. We're all gonna need it. 💜

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1
She's brainwashed she can't help it but you will never change her mine. Even if she sees she's wrong they program people like that.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 12:58 PM
link   

It makes me feel better that the political division going rampant is not just effecting Americans.

I am glad that we are not the only ones stupid enough to believe in this political chaos.

Sorry for not feeling sorry for you, it actually made me feel better to know we are not alone in the insanity that is overtaking the world.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
I would suggest that rather than putting the blame solely on the other person ...

That's where it belongs with deranged indoctrinated left wing fanatics.
The blame is with them and no one else.
The OP is better off without that kind of garbage in his life.
He can do better ... much better.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Thank you all for your kind words now I have to find reconciliation with myself , find my gear and horse pick up life with no remorse and fight

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
You can't imagine how far this reaches into the western world and peoples life.
Essentially you guys are the reflection and cradle of our modern day western civilization so lets stay civilized and make that new leap for next generations

I still believe the American dream and spirit is alive

edit on 0b42America/ChicagoTue, 30 Jul 2024 15:36:42 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 30 Jul 2024 15:36:42 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 06:10 PM
link   
sounds like you dodged a bullet and are much better off. My wife is definitely more of a 'centrist' than I am. When she
has had her fill of my rantings, she gives me the look and we move on to something else.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Ob.

I certainly am no Dear Abby so I don't try to give relationship advice. I would however caution you about bringing your relationship problems centered on political differences to a website that

strongly

favors one side of that existential divide.

Have you noticed a number of posters who have completely denigrated this woman you have had a three year relationship with and who you love? I have and hopefully you have as well and recognize very bad advice when you hear it.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: rdambroso
Then you borh have a healthy relationship bless that, you both don't have to change each others views accepting for who you are.

Yesterday we had slight conversation over financial things and yes we reviewed what happened I came to the conclusion that everything I said was an assault on her being.

When I blamed myself , just to see what she would say if I took blame she immediately blamed me pitying myself.

It's my third pretty long relationship the other two I just fkd up myself and took that blame on every count.

This one is completely different to much alcohol and dinners at restaurants with so called bar friends, those who like to shuffle the barstool from your butt metaphysically speaking with dark humor

But everything is either an attack or my pitiful reactions or self-esteem
Always had the feeling something was wrong with her , but my love for her was blinding such a powerful beautiful woman in her being was an attractive sight to see.

As she used that power to take control in every situation, conclusion was made yesterday my instinct pointed me to Narcissistic behaviour

Reading about it hit nails like .50 at a tank

Now its even more easier to make decision to leave it die and gently and responsibly to close our last things

It hurts like hell another failure, but as I said my age , experience and kids are my strength and power

Every valley has a mountain

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof
I really appreciate your advice, my best friend warned me a long time ago , that something was off

I completely lived her live and warned me if you leave your kids behind for her our friendship would end , i've managed to rebuild myself like two times and swore never leave this newly buold single home where my kids could be whenever they want because they live two blocks away from me

I realise now that I'm a family man not born for wealthy vacations restaurants and stupid bartender small talk

I need a woman who also wants my life my kids and not faking and using money and power patting shoulder mentality that she all did that

I'm not for sale the other woman I had weren't that wealthy as equally beautiful if not better I realised those I have hurt were eventually the best , back then I didn't see my selfish behavior and frustration not to easily talk about my feelings in a fight, fleeing is not the option

I'm as dumb as smart enough to do stupid impulsive things realizing that the only thing you have to do is listed to your inner sanity
Not be someone else you're not

Thanks

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I was divorced and dating for quite a while before meeting my wife. It was a very bouncy road hitting the dating scene after a long time married and an ugly divorce..many misfires. I had a rather quick and shocking breakup after many months with a woman I liked a lot. Apparently she wanted me to stay on while she 'explored' other men. I laughed at the thought and left but it hurt nonetheless. My youngest daughter said to me...'Dad, women are like buses..another one will be along in 10 minutes'. I laughed out loud at that and it changed my perspective. Shes a smart cookie. Eventually I met my wife and we have had many happy years together

top topics

<< 1   >>

join