It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stranded relationship over US politics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:11 AM
link   
This is the most awkward and completely insane day of my life !

As my newly like almost three years relationship with a woman whom I loved and couldn't coop with my vision how I was in favor for Trump winning the elections after all he had to endure.

We argued over dinner in a restaurant how we both saw the world as it happened that also effect us here on the Netherlands the sheer polarization division between left and right and the different news outlets we both follow.

She most of CNN NBC, and me all here Youtube alternative channels because I don't trust any mainstream anymore.

To one point she completely goes beserk over me laughing about CNN , putting me in a shamefull position in the mids of all the customers of that restaurant.

Telling me that I'm a complete moron that I was in favor of Trump , not that I told her before but she always neglected me and I was fine wih that ,everyone has their own visions and I don't want to convert anyone for thinking otherwise.

As I tried to ease her mind and said to leave the political debate for what is was worth.

Screaming at me to leave because her news outlets were bs.

As I couldn't defend myself anymore and tried to be civil and polite telling " honey don't let this get between us it's not worth the fuzz , things happen anyway"

No she said F off take train and never come back , and yes as I have my own dignity and opinions of free speech, I packed my suitcase took a cab and got on the train.

Over and out , so free speech comes all together with a free life...

Unbelievable just Unbelievable
edit on 0b29America/ChicagoTue, 30 Jul 2024 05:34:29 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 30 Jul 2024 05:34:29 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Breaking up is never about just one thing, usually it's about a lot of things said and unsaid over time. It sounds like it all came out the wrong way without deep caring communication to solve the problems. Just my take, I could be wrong.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I'm sorry you had to leave someone you loved, but if she chooses to love her propaganda more than you, it's hard to compete. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone
True , but this to be the culprit has me standing completely baffled and fooled

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
True , but this to be the culprit has me standing completely baffled and fooled

There is only one way to find out, by doing a deep dive honest talk to get at that one issue, or all the issues. Good luck. Relationships are hard work, every day hard work.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
It's her choice, and one day she will learn the truth, sadly I won't be there to see it anymore

Thnx I'm strong

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:37 AM
link   
By the way, were you both drinking alcohol with dinner? Alcohol and good faith discussions don't mix.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Two bottles chardonnay a beer and irish coffee all wrapped up with a steak for dampening the alcohol

Maybe to much but I didn't drink and drive still responsible on that point, although she had a complete hotel room to her disposal

I think I should stick to UFO's and Aliens, then I'm good nut case
edit on 0b27America/ChicagoTue, 30 Jul 2024 06:01:27 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 30 Jul 2024 06:01:27 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Maybe the food dampened the alcohol for you, a guy ammirite? for women who are smaller that's a lot of alcohol in a very short period of time.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Relationships are rarely completely equal. It seems to me by your writing style that she is the alpha human in the affair, and you are disposable since you don't show the proper loyalty to her lofty position. --So, she commands you to go. And unquestionably, you followed. You just saved your own life from forever being her hand puppet.

In our willingness to please and placate females, we often tend to let them lead or know when to leave. Any failures or continuation in the relationship often falls to the female as being the strong minded one. They say when game is over. And why argue? The score will never change. Packing your suitcase was the best thing for you even if adding to your life challenges for the time being.

edit on 30-7-2024 by CosmicFocus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 06:15 AM
link   
You escaped a life of misery
Be thankful for that.
She is obviously emotionally unstable.
When she invariably wants to get back together, my advice would be to tell her to f*** off.

Do not, repeat DO NOT, date far left women.

edit on 30/7/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 06:20 AM
link   
What you said was right, we had some issues, and our worlds differ to much , she's a career manager no kids and I'm a divorced three kid parent working in construction, shouldn't be a problem if our financial income were the same.

Maybe my own pride not always wanted to be financially served because she can effort it , she never complained but I could see the friction between us.

But I would give away my last money if she needed it and I always payed everything back if I had earned enough to do so.

I'm a fool but realised enough that this could one day be the end to us

But this way , I would never expect it must have meaning otherwise it really was for nothing

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Always remember there are two people in a relationship and a breakup, both contribute equally.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicFocus
You could be clairvoyant, she always wanted her life and said in the beginning, you're a addition to my life , words I don't use , we'll meet and match when we get there , and differences can be solved, she agreed back then , I guess not

Everything will be alright, my kids are the most important

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Her brain is pickled in woke CNN/MSNBC juice.
The damage is done. She's terminally stupid.
She's an idiot. Cut ties. You'll be happier.
You can do better than her, I'm sure.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
a reply to: CosmicFocus
Everything will be alright, my kids are the most important

That’s what matters most.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I'm sorry to hear this.
I have the same issue with my sister over my own support for Trump...and for even voting Republican in other elections.
My wife has been rejected by a formerly close member of her family.

It's so wrong.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
That I sadly had to experience in a surprising way, not to even come to terms and going rampage was the final straw.

Leaving me for what it was over there not even to check at the reception or station did cut ties immediately

I know survival been there before, always managed to build something new , looking forward burn the ships and keep rolling

Thanks

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I would suggest that rather than putting the blame solely on the other person you do some self-assessment because if you don't you will only take any unresolved issues to the next relationship. It takes two to tango. Good luck and the hard work never ends.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

I'm sorry to hear this.
I have the same issue with my sister over my own support for Trump...and for even voting Republican in other elections.
My wife has been rejected by a formerly close member of her family.

It's so wrong.

My Mom is a CNN indoctrinated liberal. She flies off the handle about Trump "grabbing them by the pussy", and other talking points. I try not to talk politics with her, but when she brings it up, I calmly and respectfully explain what I know of the facts, and she usually gets flustered and ends the conversation when she realizes her facts aren't in line with the real facts. But I did have a strange experience. I went there to help her and my father out after her surgery, and her cable only had CNN as news, no other options. (That made me LOL) It was the day Biden dropped out, and I only had CNN to watch. They were amazingly truthful, and even Seltzer or whatever his name is, was mocking Biden, and they were all upset that they didn't have a viable option this close to the election. They even talked about how Harris was the "only option" due to many things, and they would have to deal with her. They were less than cheerful about that. But look at what a little time has done! She's the bestest EVAH!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join