It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting - anti-Christian bias task force proposed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Iran have a similar thing.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTophat

According to the good book it's in God's plans for Christians to get persecuted, then they get their heads chopped off, resurrected, then 1000 years of glory.

Jesus said to carry a sword in the meantime.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Onward Christian Soldiers for the Glory of the Lord !

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Coelacanth55

I'm pressed to find examples of Government anti-Christian behavior.
I think we have a cultural problem here.

I see lots of examples of the governments' anti-Christian behavior. Is this what you refer to?

December, 2022 - Respect for Marriage Act event on the South Lawn of the White House
June, 2023 - Biden held a Whitehouse pride event
2015 - The Obama White House was lit up in rainbow colors in commemoration of the US Supreme Court's ruling to legalize same-sex marriage.
Easter 2024 - Biden celebrated transgender day of visibility more than Easter's traditional meaning

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Oh lovely!

So... we're sure this isn't Christian Nationalism now?

Or something analogous thereof?

Is this a legit campaign promise, or is this him grandstanding?

Yes, I know what he's doing. He's taking on woke as a violation of the First Amendment. Or playing to that. E.g. having to call something by a designation against your religion to use (even those perceived as bigoted reasons) is still a violation of civil liberties.

Meaning were going to flesh out the argument that woke values and indoctrination as a type of legal mandate violates peoples right to religious freedom. Because it qualifies as a counter-religious ideal. Flesh out what qualifies as a viable snowflake.

Do pronouns violate civil liberties if you censure someone for using them incorrectly? Where do their protections to be a snowflake match-up?

That's where I see this headed. Woke will be eventually defined as a religious principle that violates the right to a secular society.

It's a slippery slope towards qualifying woke as a religion.

Because once you say woke is a religious ideal, you've made all people with uncomfortable pronouns an equally protected class. Depending on view, double protected under Sex and Religion.

It's a murky area, but I'm sure Alito will find a way to navigate it.
edit on 28-7-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

To be honest, I want to see a thumb on the scale of justice for Christians, not against them.
Because right now in HR departments in North America that is not happening.

They are promoting and enabling mental instability over Judeo-Christian values, this is very bad for modern society.
Even atheists can see that.

If Trump wants to put laws into place that heavily enforce the 1st amendment, which as many in this thread have pointed out are not being enforced, I am all for it.
Woke is not a religion it is a feeling based on foolish rhetoric of the 3% whipping it up, and certain people encouraging it.
Their marching orders are a chaos agenda, if a bulwark can be set it up to slow it down, great.

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

They are promoting and enabling mental instability over Judeo-Christian values, this is very bad for modern society.

Are you atheist?

I’ve had enough of Christian dominance.

Let’s choose one issue: interference in science progression.

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Are you suggesting that people of Judeo Christian
faith or background be precluded from holding
public office?

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Coelacanth55

I'm pressed to find examples of Government anti-Christian behavior.

This was hugely reported on at the time.
Surprised you never heard it it.

“Seven of the nine justices agreed that Colorado officials disrespected his religious beliefs about marriage when considering whether his refusal to design a same-sex wedding cake violated the state’s anti-discrimination law. The majority opinion said the officials’ words and actions amounted to unlawful religious hostility.”
www.deseret.com...

They are still trying to come at him.
Also 7 of 9.
Supreme Court works pretty well.

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Trump reminds me of Decius in his social role.

Decius' political program was focused on the restoration of the strength of the State, both militarily opposing the external threats, and restoring the public piety with a program of renovation of the state religion.

In 250 CE ideals were changing like now. Immortality, which had yet to be offered, was gaining appeal. As was the single god thing.

So this new cult started growing in the empire. It became too popular. It had started overtaking almost half the population in some areas. So a few Traditional Senators banded together to help Decius forces defeat a rival and confirm him as emporer. So he could Make Rome Great Again. And he promptly started persecuting Christians, Goths, and anyone different, for daring to change the traditional ways and ruining society. This resulted in the eventual death of traditional Roman pagan views.

After the traditionalist installed their traditional government, it only made the Christians stronger. It was only two or three generations from there to Constantine.

It's come full circle.

edit on 28-7-2024 by Degradation33 because: Switched videos

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Are you atheist?

I am not an atheist.

But the other day I saw a post from an atheist, that while they still don't believe in God, they have come to realize, those bible based values served to immunize the west from the utter insanity the atheist themselves are now being forced to endure in 2024, this is a very new phenomenon. In other words the pendulum has swung to far the other way and they are not enjoying what they had always strived for. It is a case of be carful what you wish for. I even saw Bill Mayer mention this point one time of all the people, and he hates religion with a passion.

Even Richard Dawkins a star of the New Atheism. Admitting that he’s now a cultural Christian is telling
Christianity’s decline has unleashed terrible new gods

If you can't see it has gotten so bad that even Atheists are now pushing back, I pity your perspective, and it's not like you haven't been shown a billion times here on ATS, Annee.
edit on 28-7-2024 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

Trump reminds me of Decius in his social role.

Decius' political program was focused on the restoration of the strength of the State, both militarily opposing the external threats, and restoring the public piety with a program of renovation of the state religion.

In 250 CE ideals were changing like now. Immortality, which had yet to be offered, was gaining appeal. As was the single god thing.

So this new cult started growing in the empire. It became too popular. It had started overtaking almost half the population in some areas. So a few Traditional Senators banded together to help Decius forces defeat a rival and confirm him as emporer. So he could Make Rome Great Again. And he promptly started persecuting Christians, Goths, and anyone different, for daring to change the traditional ways and ruining society. This resulted in the eventual death of traditional Roman pagan views.

After the traditionalist installed their traditional government, it only made the Christians stronger. It was only two or three generations from there to Constantine.

It's come full circle.

Interesting. I’ll have to “study up”.

We can’t stay as we are — the internet/technological advances won’t allow it.

And how can you have Capitalism without manufacturing?

Jobs are going away because “people power” is becoming obsolete.

But we have to keep irresponsibly pumping out more mouths to feed because why?

Oh, and that “southern border” thing is happening World Wide — why is that?

But, Hey! MAGA

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Sounds pretty anti-human there Annee.

I guess it was about time you came around to the logical conclusion of your positions.

/shrug

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

I guess it was about time you came around to the logical conclusion of your positions.

/shrug

Do you have a logical, realistic, opposing viewpoint?

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

/shrug

Do you have a logical, realistic, opposing viewpoint?

To being anti-human?

Yes. Pro human.

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Are you atheist?

I am not an atheist.

Atheist/atheism is lack of belief in a god/deity.

That is all it

There is no doctrine — no group think.

Atheists are individuals. Their only connection is lack of belief in a god.

As an individual — each can have their own philosophy.

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 07:36 PM
link   

That's not 100% true.

It does describe some Atheists but not all of them.

For many Atheists they are connected by a desire to be anti-theistic and they militantly go out of their way to philosophically battle theists. They believe it is their function to convince theists that they are wrong. And they can get very angry when theists try to argue that they are wrong. They have a problem when theists use their beliefs to inform their lives and their politics.

But you are correct, there also some Atheists who are not anti-theast. Those who have no belief in a hire being(s); but don't care how everyone else live their lives. Don't care if others want to inform their lives and their politics by their religion and beliefs.

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3

That's not 100% true.

It does describe some Atheists but not all of them.

For many Atheists they are connected by a desire to be anti-theistic and they militantly go out of their way to philosophically battle theists. They believe it is their function to convince theists that they are wrong. And they can get very angry when theists try to argue that they are wrong. They have a problem when theists use their beliefs to inform their lives and their politics.

But you are correct, there also some Atheists who are not anti-theast. Those who have no belief in a hire being(s); but don't care how everyone else live their lives. Don't care if others want to inform their lives and their politics by their religion and beliefs.

It is fact. Atheist means lack of belief in a god

It has no other meaning.

But — as I stated individuals can have their own philosophy.

Spirituality for Atheists: www.themortalatheist.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 07:49 PM
link   

And many of those individuals have adopted a singular philosophy to be anti-theistic and they militantly go out of their way to philosophically battle theists. They believe it is their function to convince theists that they are wrong. And they can get very angry when theists try to argue that they are wrong. They have a problem when theists use their beliefs to inform their lives and their politics.

They have their collective dogma just like any theistic group.

posted on Jul, 28 2024 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3

And many of those individuals have adopted a singular philosophy to be anti-theistic and they militantly go out of their way to philosophically battle theists. They believe it is their function to convince theists that they are wrong. And they can get very angry when theists try to argue that they are wrong. They have a problem when theists use their beliefs to inform their lives and their politics.

They have their collective dogma just like any theistic group.

Anti-theist is an individual philosophy.

Atheist/atheism is not.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join