It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In four years, you don’t have to vote again.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Connector

No.

Thank you for proving me right.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: chr0naut

I watch all news networks and all sides of a issue, Trump is just the better option this time. I voted for Bill in the past because at the time he was better.

I don't believe the representative of either of the big 2 parties as being the optimal choice.

The head of government should be a highly capable administrator, looking for incremental improvement, and not a new-broom approach. A manager and an achiever, not a politician with wordy but empty speeches chasing popularity polls.

Clearly something must change for something to change.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 09:05 AM
link   
What he really said....

I will secure our elections. Our goal will be, as I said, one day voting with paper ballots, proof of citizenship, and a thing called voter ID. (Applause) You know, when you negotiate and I do that with the Democrats and I negotiate with them all the time on this. I say, look, we’re going to fix our laws with voting, we have to start with voter ID. Everybody has to — “No way!” — the discussion never even goes any further.

I say, we have to have voter ID. It’s called voter identification. “No, we’re not going to do it.” Now, there’s only one reason they do that. because they want to cheat. There’s only one reason. You know, in their national convention, when they have their convention, they have a voter tag on them bigger than their chest, depending on who, whose, which chest we’re talking about. Bigger than this, I like this. It has their name, their serial number, it’s got the whole deal, middle name, past addresses, it’s got everything. Otherwise you can’t get into the Democrat National Convention. But with voting, one of your most important things you can do, maybe in many ways your most important, they don’t want to approve voter ID. That’s because they want to cheat. But until then, Republicans must win. We have to win this election. Most important election ever. (Applause)

We want a landslide that’s too big to rig. If you want to save America, get your friends, get your family, get everyone you know, and vote, vote early, vote absentee, vote on Election Day. I don’t care how, but you have to get out and vote. And again, Christians — get out and vote! Just this time. (Applause)

You won’t have to do it anymore. Four more years, you know what? It’ll be fixed, it’ll be fine. You won’t have to vote anymore. My beautiful Christians. I love you, Christians. I’m a Christian. I love you. Get out. You’ve got to get out and vote. In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good. You’re not going to have to vote.

If only you are able to read the whole statement it sounds much different.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
What he really said....

I will secure our elections. Our goal will be, as I said, one day voting with paper ballots, proof of citizenship, and a thing called voter ID. (Applause) You know, when you negotiate and I do that with the Democrats and I negotiate with them all the time on this. I say, look, we’re going to fix our laws with voting, we have to start with voter ID. Everybody has to — “No way!” — the discussion never even goes any further.

I say, we have to have voter ID. It’s called voter identification. “No, we’re not going to do it.” Now, there’s only one reason they do that. because they want to cheat. There’s only one reason. You know, in their national convention, when they have their convention, they have a voter tag on them bigger than their chest, depending on who, whose, which chest we’re talking about. Bigger than this, I like this. It has their name, their serial number, it’s got the whole deal, middle name, past addresses, it’s got everything. Otherwise you can’t get into the Democrat National Convention. But with voting, one of your most important things you can do, maybe in many ways your most important, they don’t want to approve voter ID. That’s because they want to cheat. But until then, Republicans must win. We have to win this election. Most important election ever. (Applause)

We want a landslide that’s too big to rig. If you want to save America, get your friends, get your family, get everyone you know, and vote, vote early, vote absentee, vote on Election Day. I don’t care how, but you have to get out and vote. And again, Christians — get out and vote! Just this time. (Applause)

You won’t have to do it anymore. Four more years, you know what? It’ll be fixed, it’ll be fine. You won’t have to vote anymore. My beautiful Christians. I love you, Christians. I’m a Christian. I love you. Get out. You’ve got to get out and vote. In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good. You’re not going to have to vote.

If only you are able to read the whole statement it sounds much different.

In context, it does somewhat negate some concerns about his last paragraph, however, the last paragraph was very poorly worded if Trump thought he was saying that the vote would be more secure and better authenticated if he could get in and make the changes. That would imply that voting in future would be better, not that it wouldn't be necessary, which is what he said.

edit on 2024-07-30T13:36:43-05:0001Tue, 30 Jul 2024 13:36:43 -050007pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Seems if you love the U.S. so much and voting being such an integral part of the system, you could just have told them to vote, and I'll fix things, but remember you should always vote.

Ingram interviewed him yesterday and kept redirecting to answer about people voting in the future. First he rambled about Christians love him, then if Jews don't vote for him they are brain dead. Then he did say Christians don't vote much so he told them they only have to vote this time, because he'll fix it.

A normal person would have told Laura " I wasn't clear, of course people will need to vote in 4 years, I'll be heading out of office, and voting then will be just as important" or something to that effect and not rambled about brain dead Jews.
edit on 30-7-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This thread is a classic example of everything wrong with political commentary and discussion.
There is no truth anymore, no context, no integrity.
Just soundbites to deceive others and push political agendas.
I don't think, as some others do, that misinformation like this should be criminal - that's crazy - but people who do this SHOULD be shunned in the public square.

For context, Trump was talking to those that never seem to vote and he was urging them to vote this time because it is so important.

edit on 31/7/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

I'm also confused by his comment about Christians not voting. Around 70% of voters identify as Christian, which is right in line with their percentage of the general population.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
For context, Trump was talking to those that never seem to vote and he was urging them to vote this time because it is so important.

Do you think Trump is totally unaware that his words are echoing those, some of whom are providing him with financial support, who have publically stated that it is their desire to install a dictator though? Or is he playing both sides do you think?

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrucellaOrchitis

Do you think Trump is totally unaware that his words are echoing those, some of whom are providing him with financial support, who have publically stated that it is their desire to install a dictator though? Or is he playing both sides do you think?

I think he is an absolute #ing idiot who can't get his communication focused.
He makes it easy for dishonest people to skew what he is actually saying and that is HIS fault.
The liars and snakes are not going to change, and they will continue to mislead based on out of context sentences he says publicly, so it is up to him to not hand them ammunition.

The truth is that he is a Christmas present to the far left - there is no way on earth that they could get away with installing this radical regime if they were facing ANY other candidate.
They only 'won' in 2020 because it was Trump they were up against, and after the disaster of the last 4 years they can ONLY beat Trump.

In that respect Trump has been an absolute disaster for the world.
He's enabled the far left to seize power once and for all.

The world stands on the precipice of The Squad being the leaders of the free world.
God help us.

edit on 31/7/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 06:35 AM
link   

There is far too much up in the air at the moment, and too many trying to keep the pendulum swinging back and forth for their own ends. No one side has acheived any power "once or for all" except for a few notable exceptions, that much should be self-evident or there wouldn't be such a concerted effort to get us to take sides and or create even more confusion.

Honestly, I think the vast majority of people are just trying to make sense of the chaos and clinging to whatever looks most like a life-raft to them.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrucellaOrchitis

There is far too much up in the air at the moment, and too many trying to keep the pendulum swinging back and forth for their own ends. No one side has acheived any power "once or for all" except for a few notable exceptions, that much should be self-evident or there wouldn't be such a concerted effort to get us to take sides and or create even more confusion.

Honestly, I think the vast majority of people are just trying to make sense of the chaos and clinging to whatever looks most like a life-raft to them.

I think it's far more simplisitc than that.
US politics is not fact based, it is emotiion based.
It's really quite straight forward.
Trump's celing is about 40% of the population and all the Democrats have to do is make sure the other 60% are suitably motivated to vote - which is where the media and propaganda comes in.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I think it's far more simplisitc than that.
US politics is not fact based, it is emotiion based.

While I don't disagree that it is emotion based, or often has no basis in facts but I would disagree that it is simplistic.

The level of factlessness has become ludicrous, and that can become simplistic and base but the way in which the voting is weighted within the system has lent itself towards a reliance on wilfull ignorance. The great swathes of people, not just in the US but the world over, who were presumed unable to handle the truth and have been systematically prepped and primed to believe just about anything but the truth being bounced back and forth between lies. Truth has just become some distant cousin who keeps putting off the visit because have they got way too much they have to tell these folks.

It's really quite straight forward.
Trump's celing is about 40% of the population and all the Democrats have to do is make sure the other 60% are suitably motivated to vote - which is where the media and propaganda comes in.

After the assassination attempt I thought Trump would have an easy win, but he's surprised me at how quickly he has turned that feeling around but he does still have that core.

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join