It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In four years, you don’t have to vote again.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

He said, I'm a Christian, not I'm not a Christian.

Why would he choose a speech to a group of Christians to change his story on the spot? This is a common sense fail of epic proportions. SMFH

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

🤣🤣 it's understandable that's how you need to frame it. Too hard to face what the man is telling you, so you have to reframe an explanation

Him being Presbyterian is somehow re-framing?

Ok.

Listening to it again, it my seem Dude is correct. That he said "I'm a Christian."

Doesn't change the fact that he is a Presbyterian.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Thank goodness we have people who can explain once again that he "didn't mean what he said, ....

That's not what I said.
I said that the OP didn't take the entire speech in context.
And that the OP is just using the latest left wing boogyman Project 2025 as a fear tactic.
Try to keep up.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Uh? Hello? 12 years of Catholic school has taught me that any religion in which Jesus is considered the savior is Christian. Presbyterian are Christian. St.John's Presbyterian Church

He specifically said he is not.

link

Oh FFS .... He's not Presbyterian anymore. He said that he now considers himself to be generic 'Christian' instead of belonging to a denomination. He said that like 5 or 6 years ago. Probably because of all his interaction with the fundamentalist Christians. He never said that he wasn't Christian.

You people really are truly amazing with the amount of crap you get wrong.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp
a reply to: ADVISOR

Wrong goal IMO.

Instead of trying to change minds, notice and attack the propaganda.

The minds will soon follow.

Exposing the propagandist in the process.

Been doing that for over two decades.

Yet people still don't get it. Even when the Smith mundt act repeal is pointed out to them. People choose self induced ignorance.

In a world with information in Palm of our hands, people are still too darn ignorant. As I said, by choice.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp
Doesn't change the fact that he is a Presbyterian.

He considered himself Presbyterian until like 5 or 6 years ago. He came out and said that he doesn't feel Presbyterian anymore, but now he considers himself to be 'Christian' without a denomination. He had been spending a lot of time with the fundamentalist christians like Baptists and Church of Christ and the nondenominational bible Christians ... so I'm sure that influenced his thoughts on religion.

But he absolutely IS a Christian. To say otherwise is absurd.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You might actually have a point of Project 2025 existed in a vacuum. But it doesn't. We have a man who the only world leaders he praises are dictators. A man that has said he will be a dictator on day one. A man who has talked about getting rid of the Constitution. A man whose allies are floating the idea of getting rid of the 22nd Amendment.

Do you really think Trump doesn't dream of being a dictator?

These aren't dog whistles. They're air raid sirens.

And now his allies, people he's platformed, people he's talked about having in his Cabinet, have handed him the roadmap to achieve his dream of becoming a dictator and you think he's going to turn that down?

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: frogs453

He said, I'm a Christian, not I'm not a Christian.

Why would he choose a speech to a group of Christians to change his story on the spot? This is a common sense fail of epic proportions. SMFH

I'm hearing Trump say "I love you Christians, I am not Christian"

Its clear as day.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 08:04 AM
link   
FFS ....

Trump Confirmed a Presbyterian Now Identifies as Non Denominational Christian

WASHINGTON (RNS) — In an exclusive interview with Religion News Service, President Trump said in a written statement that he no longer identifies as a Presbyterian and now sees himself as a non-denominational Christian.

“Though I was confirmed at a Presbyterian church as a child, I now consider myself to be a non-denominational Christian,” Trump, who has repeatedly identified as a Presbyterian in the past, said in a written response to RNS.

Saying that his parents “taught me the importance of faith and prayer from a young age,” Trump went on to say that “Melania and I have gotten to visit some amazing churches and meet with great faith leaders from around the world. During the unprecedented COVID-19 outbreak, I tuned into several virtual church services and know that millions of Americans did the same.”

Trump Becomes First President Since Eisenhower to Change Faiths in Office

I now consider myself to be a non-denominational Christian,” Trump said in the statement. “Melania and I have gotten to visit some amazing churches and meet with great faith leaders from around the world. During the unprecedented COVID-19 outbreak, I tuned into several virtual church services and know that millions of Americans did the same.”

While the mainline denomination has previously challenged Trump’s affiliation, his recent departure seems to be the result of the president slowly moving away from his childhood church and toward a more evangelical faith.

Covered by many outlets ...

Salt Lake Reporter - Trump Once Presbyterian Now Says He's Non Denominational Christian

New York Post - Trump Says He Now Identifies as Non Denominational Christian

edit on 7/27/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 08:11 AM
link   

So why did he say he's not a Christian? Maybe he just forgot in his age related dementia.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

You might actually have a point of Project 2025 existed in a vacuum. But it doesn't. We have a man who the only world leaders he praises are dictators. A man that has said he will be a dictator on day one. A man who has talked about getting rid of the Constitution. A man whose allies are floating the idea of getting rid of the 22nd Amendment.

Do you really think Trump doesn't dream of being a dictator?

These aren't dog whistles. They're air raid sirens.

And now his allies, people he's platformed, people he's talked about having in his Cabinet, have handed him the roadmap to achieve his dream of becoming a dictator and you think he's going to turn that down?

edit on 27-7-2024 by wAnchorofCarp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
So why did he say he's not a Christian? Maybe he just forgot in his age related dementia.

He doesn't have dementia.
He does bloviate.
There are different groups of Christians.
Probably was saying he wasn't an evangelical Christian, that's most of who was there.
He has said he's now 'non denominational Christian'.
He has said that many times.
That's how he self identifies.
That's what he is.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 08:20 AM
link   

It's 2024s "blue dress."

Dude makes a fairly compelling point above.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer
He is definitely slipping.

He should just go back doing game shows, or the weather.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I always find it weird that so many people don't have two neurons to run together to read between the lines, recognize humor, see things contextually, think/read for themselves, or see obvious hypocricy.

And yet we have Democrats. Who call themselves democrats without following the democratic process (proudly in the name of democracy), cherry pick out-of-context quotes, regurgitate proven falsehoods because the talking heads on the light flickering box said so, and never know the full story or implications of their actions for the nation. People who weaponize government to jail their opponents, appoint rather than elect their leaders, and change the law at their whim. At least the republicans fight against themselves and the RINOs to try to salvage real virtue. Many Republicans are awful too.

The founding fathers were correct with their warnings.

I'm sad with the fall of America. This would take a miracle to fix. And the rest of the world is following suit in madness with open borders, and electoral malfeasance. We used to be looked up to. The world has fallen with us.

In four years, you don't have to vote again because it's already baked into the cake. Nobody is strong enough to stop this worldwide coup.
edit on 27-7-2024 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: IDELB2006
a reply to: Threadbarer
He is definitely slipping.

He should just go back doing game shows, or the weather.

That's nice.

But back here in reality:

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 08:48 AM
link   
That's great. And over the next four years we will witness the perfection of his doddering fool act.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: IDELB2006
That's great. And over the next four years we will witness the perfection of his doddering fool act.

We've already seen that.......

He had to drop out of the election, it was this whole event.

... remember?

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Uh, I was not the one who said he was Presbyterian. It was another poster who stated that he's not Christian, he's Presbyterian. I simply pointed out that Presbyterian is a Christian religion.

posted on Jul, 27 2024 @ 09:00 AM
link   

The Dems always project what they want to do because they believe the other side is just like them.

I may be wrong, but something tells me there will be elections in 2028 as well.

Cheers

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join