It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamas endorse Kamala

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 10:08 AM
link   
We saw it coming and here it is

In a joint statement announcing the endorsement, the Obamas praised Harris and listed her accomplishments.

But Kamala has more than a resume,” the statement said. “She has the vision, the character, and the strength that this critical moment demands. There is no doubt in our mind that Kamala Harris has exactly what it takes to win this election and deliver for the American people.”

The statement added, “At a time when the stakes have never been higher, she gives us all reason to hope.”

Obama and Harris, the presumptive Democratic nominee, have been in touch regularly, and he has been serving as a sounding board for her as he has over the 20 years they’ve known each other, a source told CNN earlier this week.

edition.cnn.com...

What do you guys think? Will this help her? I dont know. A lot of people like Obama and a lot of people dislike Obama. Think about it. Obama led us to Trump. So obviously some people were left with a bad taste in their mouth following his presidency.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

I think it washes out with independents.

As you said, some like him some don’t.

This probably does more for inside their party. Which at the end of the day might be the difference in a Democrat who wasn’t planning on going out to vote but maybe they are. Doubt that really moves the needle.

Just theatrics and circling the wagons IMO.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The Dems already know they lost the next presidency to trump and are now in damage control.

They picked a black woman so when she loses they will blame racism and sexism. Gotta salvage whatever political points they can

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna
We saw it coming and here it i

In a joint statement announcing the endorsement, the Obamas praised Harris and listed her accomplishments.

But Kamala has more than a resume,” the statement said. “She has the vision,

edition.cnn.com...

What do you guys think?.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The Dems already know they lost the next presidency to trump and are now in damage control.

That’s the sense I get.

They’re not learning their lesson in finding the most uninspiring tone deaf candidates the last few cycles.

If we look at the current and last two, Hillary, Biden, and Harris… there’s a theme of no organic measurable base who’s truly excited about the candidate. In fact, the only campaign they’ve really run is fear against Trump.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The left are erasing her real history and rewriting it.

Now they are trying to make her into Obama 2.0.

It's right out of the book 1984. Pretty damn disgusting.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

They picked a black woman so when she loses they will blame racism and sexism. Gotta salvage whatever political points they can

I agree but she's not black. Jamaican/Irish on dads side and mom is from india. But what the hell, lets just call her black. I mean Obama was black, hardly a wisper of his white mom and white grand parents that helped raise him.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It’s going through the natural political cycle.

Now that they’ve figured out their new candidate, it’s the best candidate ever. Now the right is saying she’s worse than Biden.

Just like the mainstream left sort of forgave Bush after the cute pictures with him and Michelle with their added context of “he’s not as bad as Trump”.

But the truth is, Bush was worse than Trump, and this is just a sad cycle we see every four years.

Each party presenting the best ever pick while the other proclaims it will be the end of the country as we know it.

Ramp up the hyperbole, run a campaign of “we’re not them”, rinse repeat.

And I feel like that’s why we have such low quality politicians. Politicians used to be intelligent, engaging, and inspiring (even if it was just a facade).

I don’t even see any effort anymore.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe

I agree but she's not black. Jamaican/Irish on dads side and mom is from india. But what the hell, lets just call her black. I mean Obama was black, hardly a wisper of his white mom and white grand parents that helped raise him.

I prefer heels up harris...
The point is that she's not white therefore every criticism of someone darker than a Carmel is racist.
And wasn't Obama the guy that said if I had a son he'd look like trayvon? It's par for this course...😂

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Barrack had no choice, Madame VP is the only one who could get access to Biden's donors moola easily. If they were behind anybody else they would have to start from scratch is my limited understanding.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   
WATCH 👀

For the meeting between Donald Trump and Joe Biden.

Joe is hurt, angry, and wants amnesty for himself, Hunter, and James.

Barack (and others) are Toast.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

Kamala does Geography:

'Ukraine is a country in Europe. It exists next to another country called Russia. Russia is a bigger country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine, so basically that’s wrong.' -- Kamala Harris

😐

Eta: Yes. She included this gem within a blabbering sycophantic statement to a journalist.
www.lexisnexis.com.tw...
edit on 26-7-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Obamas endorse Kamala

And the corporate money just found a home. The polls are just beginning to reflect the change.

but who cares about polls....right?

projects.fivethirtyeight.com...

Perhaps Vegas odds more accurately reflect real numbers.

www.vegasinsider.com...

edit on 26-7-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

The question she was asked was to explain the situation in Ukraine to a layperson who doesn't know what's going on.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Obamas endorse Kamala

What do I think ? About God-damned time Barry got off his high horse and acted like he was part of their team. What an egotistical ass.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

That was actually a funny response.

Context:

The statement was made in response to a journalist's request for Harris to explain the situation in Ukraine in simple language.

Now it's a funny response because she's talking down to the reporter like a child. He wanted a simple terms answer.

I would be annoyed by that question.

"Are you just asking that to hear yourself talk or do you seriously need the entire situation spoonfed to you?"

What would have made that REALLY funny is if she pulled out a whiteboard and used hand drawn visual aids like a teacher talking to 5th Graders.

Plus, they always cut this part out of that.

And it goes against everything that we stand for. There are terms that we use, we say, 'We respect the sovereignty, the territorial integrity of countries,' right? Their independence. Russia has gone into Ukraine militarily, unprovoked, with no justification other than to exercise its power to take over another country."

That entire selective editing thing people are doing with her may backfire. Especially if you expect that selectively edited in head to head debate.
edit on 26-7-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   
imo....the POTUS, house and senate races will boil down to a single issue....abortion rights.

actually a double issue....Project 25

The GOP is already trying to walk back from P25....to little, to late

www.axios.com...

edit on 26-7-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   

The Dems already know they lost the next presidency to trump ...

A very, very dangerous assumption. That's exactly how a low-odds candidate ends up winning a race. Front running rabbit loses sense of urgency, and the tortoise takes it.
edit on 7/26/2024 by yeahright because: Typo

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I see the exact opposite.
They are drunk on Kamala somehow being Obama 2.0
They are all hyper "melanin aware"

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Kamala has a vision in the fog with no plan for what to do then and before. 😃

top topics

<<   2 >>

join